Re: News and Games around the NHL

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:32 am
NHLTIM wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:06 am Luckily this game was on ESPN+ last night......beauty of a game.
Love it. Cam Talbot sure wanted to be a tough guy until he got punched in the face.

Rivalries like this make hockey better, not worse.
Smith landed a couple of bombs....Rittich was probably glad he got pulled early and didn't have to deal with that. Hell he's my fantasy goalie and I'm actually glad he got lit up last night. Smith might have actually put him on the IR.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:44 am
NHLTIM wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:06 am Luckily this game was on ESPN+ last night......beauty of a game.
Love it. Cam Talbot sure wanted to be a tough guy until he got punched in the face.

Smith landed a couple of bombs....Rittich was probably glad he got pulled early and didn't have to deal with that. Hell he's my fantasy goalie and I'm actually glad he got lit up last night. Smith might have actually put him on the IR.
No doubt. Mike Smith has been in a few fights in his career....Talbot should've maybe considered that, but I'm glad he didn't.

Side note, someone needs to teach Matthew Tkachuk how to clutch and try to control the arms in a fight because so far they are wild rag doll fights.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:22 am

No doubt. Mike Smith has been in a few fights in his career....Talbot should've maybe considered that, but I'm glad he didn't.

Side note, someone needs to teach Matthew Tkachuk how to clutch and try to control the arms in a fight because so far they are wild rag doll fights.
You can learn to punch in a barn, but you gotta learn how to survive on the ice.

MissouriMook wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:45 pm

You can learn to punch in a barn, but you gotta learn how to survive on the ice.
Did she serve you tea?

39hurricane wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:43 pm

Did she serve you tea?
“Thank God there’s still a sport for middle size white boys”
Last edited by NHLTIM on Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:00 pmCaps Pens on NBC has been a hell of a game today
Saw the early part of the 1st period before anyone scored, while me 'n' Mrs. JMC were dining @ White Castle. Lots of high speed 200-foot skating, quite a few ticky-tacky penalties early on. I'm still not a fan of Eastern Conference hockey, but it can admittedly grow on a person.

39hurricane wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:43 pm

Did she serve you tea?
The only thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill.

T.C. wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:26 am
man i miss getting this more often. that was good stuff. when's the last time the blues had a multi-fight game, let alone multiple at once?
This is why they need to say Fuck the Eastern Conference and increase the number of games within the division to intensify the rivalries. And Fuck the WC, go to a straight top 4 teams in the division. I don't give a Fuck if Edmonton misses the playoffs with 90 points and Minnesota makes it with 85, the objective is to win your Fuck'n Division!

BillP. wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:20 am
man i miss getting this more often. that was good stuff. when's the last time the blues had a multi-fight game, let alone multiple at once?
This is why they need to say Fuck the Eastern Conference and increase the number of games within the division to intensify the rivalries. And Fuck the WC, go to a straight top 4 teams in the division. I don't give a Fuck if Edmonton misses the playoffs with 90 points and Minnesota makes it with 85, the objective is to win your Fuck'n Division!
I agree about seeding 1-4 within the division, but I don't know about eliminating inter-conference play. I remember those post 2005 lockout years where we were playing Columbus, Chicago, Detroit, and Nashville 8 times per year and it was a bit much. Sure at the moment Battle of Alberta is cool but do we really want to see all of our divisional teams that much every year? I like having the opportunity to play every single team during the regular season. It's a grind and frankly gets boring by January it's nice to at least have a variety of teams to get to see.

ratonmono wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:50 pm

I agree about seeding 1-4 within the division, but I don't know about eliminating inter-conference play. I remember those post 2005 lockout years where we were playing Columbus, Chicago, Detroit, and Nashville 8 times per year and it was a bit much. Sure at the moment Battle of Alberta is cool but do we really want to see all of our divisional teams that much every year? I like having the opportunity to play every single team during the regular season. It's a grind and frankly gets boring by January it's nice to at least have a variety of teams to get to see.
I want to see Edmonton and Calgary play each other 82 times per year and then watch them play a 7 game series. :lol:

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:02 pm
ratonmono wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:50 pm

I want to see Edmonton and Calgary play each other 82 times per year and then watch them play a 7 game series. :lol:
What about pre-season?