Re: GDT: NHL All-Star Game

NHLTIM wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:15 pm Is it just me or is the Laila Anderson thing getting really old?
alright, i'll get your back here. it's a good story, she's cute and well-spoken. i get it. but i'll back you up here. my wife and i had a conversation about her this weekend, too. there are two questions i have regarding her that never get answered: 1) why her, over all the other sick kids? 2) what is her current prognosis? i suspect that the blues got a letter from her mom when she was terminal, saying she was a huge fan and maybe a couple players could stop by on their next hospital visit. they did, discovered how sad her story was and how cute she was, and marketing jumped all over it, bending over backwards to do anything for her within their power, as she was terminal. so now they made her a household name, the blues won the Cup, and it's a great story. except they found her a donor. again, they never actually explain her current prognosis, but i got the feeling from the piece on her they did over the weekend that she's going to be fine. she was one year from the transplant and saying she felt great. she's got a long road of recovery i'm sure, but i think that's exactly what will happen. this is a turn blues marketing didn't expect - that she would survive. now they have two problems: a) what do they do with her now? b) how do they face all the other very sick kids that are blues fans (and actually terminal) while doing nothing for them other than visiting? i'm sure many (all) of them now ask if they could do for them like they did for laila. all the attention the blues brought her helped find her a donor and save her life. they really put themselves in a terrible position with her from that perspective.

so yeah, if this isn't a "make a wish" situation, the blues have really just hired a child reporter, and i have zero interest in that.

also, that fucking creep pierre still has a job and JR doesn't? ok NHL.

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:32 am JR is still technically employed I think, just suspended. I hope he doesn't come back because he was terrible at his job.
oh i'm in no rush to ever seen JR's dumb, illiterate mug on camera again, but holy shit is pierre a fucking creepy dude. that was the point.

T.C. wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:33 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:32 am JR is still technically employed I think, just suspended. I hope he doesn't come back because he was terrible at his job.
oh i'm in no rush to ever seen JR's dumb, illiterate mug on camera again, but holy shit is pierre a fucking creepy dude. that was the point.
NBC could clean house in terms of analysts and I wouldn't be upset. 90% of the time the studio analysts main talking point is about the team with the lead just wanting it more. It's not far off from the necessarily canned analysis you get from a playstation game in 2007.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!