Re: News and Games around the NHL

CaptSMRT wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:22 amThey are going to have women in the All-Star Game!!!! OUTRAGEOUS!!!!!
From NBCSports > Olympic Talk (apparently because their sports dept. doesn't know the difference) ... NHL All-Star Weekend to feature women’s 3-on-3 event
A large majority — if not all — of the players taking part in the NHL All-Star three-on-three game will be PWHPA (Professional Women’s Hockey Players’ Association) members.
This will either: (a) Send the message to the NWHL that the NHL expects them to begin negotiating in good faith with the PWPHA & get pro women's hockey back on track in North America; or (b) Seal the coffin on women's pro hockey in the U.S. & Canada.

“We stand at a crossroads. One path leads to despair, the other to destruction. Let’s hope we make the right choice.” — Woody Allen

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:34 pm
BillP. wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:23 pm Panarin with 3 more points tonight, up to 65 now. Surprising to see him up there at the top in the scoring race.
I don't know, he had the Tortorella shackles the last couple of years. Seemed like a sound bet he'd have a big year.
I always figured he was a 75-85 point range guy. But not only is he going to top 100 points this year, he’s doing it with a limited Ranger team. I sure didn’t see this coming.

I can't get over this Gallant news. Guy goes 4-6 over his last 10, including losing 4 in a row to fall into a 3 way tie for the 2 wild card spots and gets canned. Assuming he didn't murder Wayne Newton or something, how many teams would hire him this afternoon if they had the chance? I'll set the over/under at 25.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

NHLTIM wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:53 am The NHL has lost it. All these teams trying to capture the Blues magic from last year.
As a bad person, I love seeing all the coach firings, so entertaining. This is the upside of the Blues Cup win league wide. The downside is that many should be sellers will delude themselves into thinking they can make a run and make the trade deadline boring, so we have to celebrate the good stuff when it comes along.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!