Re: GDT: St Louis Blues vs Ducks - 7:00 1/13 - TV:FSMO Radio:101.1

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:35 pm John Gibson in goal for the Ducks tonight.

Ducks have lost 3 straight and 6 of 7. They've also given up 4 or more goals in 5 of their last 6. The other game they lost 3-0. They are also 2nd to last in the league in goals scored this season.

Needless to say, this is a really bad Hockey team the Blues are being forced to play tonight. They should really just forfeit so everyone can watch the National Championship game.
All the trends stayed true tonight
Just a Russian propaganda account

Robb_K wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:30 pm Blues win a dominant game! They just toyed with The Ducks. Ninth win in a row at home! Best record in The NHL (without Tarasenko, Parayko, and Blais!) Mighty impressive!

Mikkola looked very good again. Just about every player looked good in this one. :mrgreen:
The fact that all of this is being done without Tarasenko as you mentioned, doesn’t get talked about enough.

Put Berube’s statue out front already

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:16 pm
Robb_K wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:07 pm Better numbers now than Binnington.
Robb, we are not doing this.
Robb is showing us his inner Ranksu...Bad Robb. ;)

On one hand I would love to trade Shakey right now, capitalize on his current upswing, before the downswing. On the other hand, it is about time he is earning that $4mil and I'm happy it is in a Bluenote (we have lost so many players over the long history only for them to come back and scorch us).

Cotton McKnight wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:25 pm
Robb_K wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:07 pm Better numbers now than Binnington.

On one hand I would love to trade Shakey right now, capitalize on his current upswing, before the downswing. On the other hand, it is about time he is earning that $4mil and I'm happy it is in a Bluenote (we have lost so many players over the long history only for them to come back and scorch us).
They'll really have to trade him away if they want to keep Pietrangelo and Schenn. They'll do it at The Draft, and be able to move up, and re-sign all the players they want to keep most. Meantime, IF Binnington gets hurt for the playoffs, they won't lose a beat. I wouldn't want a rookie like Husso having the pressure of having to perform in such important games after only having played a few weeks, or a month or so with his new teammates. That could potentially be enough of a shock to team chemistry, and lowering of performance to keep The Blues from repeating as Stanley Cup champs.

Robb_K wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:25 am

They'll really have to trade him away if they want to keep Pietrangelo and Schenn. They'll do it at The Draft, and be able to move up, and re-sign all the players they want to keep most. Meantime, IF Binnington gets hurt for the playoffs, they won't lose a beat. I wouldn't want a rookie like Husso having the pressure of having to perform in such important games after only having played a few weeks, or a month or so with his new teammates. That could potentially be enough of a shock to team chemistry, and lowering of performance to keep The Blues from repeating as Stanley Cup champs.
I disagree. If Binny gets hurt, the Blues are screwed. If you have Allen, you’re probably less screwed, but still screwed nonetheless.

I could never be a GM, this would have never popped out in my mind. Nice work on the better idea Robb!

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:06 pm
Robb_K wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:30 pm Blues win a dominant game! They just toyed with The Ducks. Ninth win in a row at home! Best record in The NHL (without Tarasenko, Parayko, and Blais!) Mighty impressive!

Mikkola looked very good again. Just about every player looked good in this one. :mrgreen:
The fact that all of this is being done without Tarasenko as you mentioned, doesn’t get talked about enough.

Put Berube’s statue out front already
They haven't started already? WTF???????

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:47 am

I disagree. If Binny gets hurt, the Blues are screwed. If you have Allen, you’re probably less screwed, but still screwed nonetheless.
Agreed. Russo just gave up 5 goals in two consecutive games. That doesn't mean he doesn't have a future in the nhl, but I'm not ready to count on his as our backup in a Cup run should Binner or Allen goes down.

barnburner wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:32 am
Agreed. Russo just gave up 5 goals in two consecutive games. That doesn't mean he doesn't have a future in the nhl, but I'm not ready to count on his as our backup in a Cup run should Binner or Allen goes down.
Thank goodness it's Russo, and not The Blues' Husso, who is playing so poorly! :mrgreen:

I disagree with your disagreement. Keeping Allen gives us probably a much better chance to compete with the better playoff teams than using Husso. Husso would not likely be good enough with only a few, or possibly several weeks to get used to The NHL (the latter, ONLY IF Allen is traded soon, AND Binnington is hurt soon after that. If Binnington were to be hurt very late in the season, Husso will not have gotten in enough games to get a feel for The NHL, and for him and his teammates to get used to each other's play. Whereas, Allen has been playing well all year, and he has played well enough for long enough time, that he is less likely, with no pressure, to fall apart mentally. There is the possibility that knowing Binnington is out for the season, and HE must rise to the occasion, that he will implode mentally. But that isn't a certainty. Whereas Husso playing well is extremely unlikely. Binnington played well in his rookie playoffs. But, HE had a whole half-season to get used to NHL play, and his teammates. I'd rather take that 30% chance that Allen will fall apart mentally, and let in some weak goals, and have maybe a 67-75% chance that Allen will play about 85% as good as Binnington, than be certain to have the playoffs be Husso's rookie adjustment period.