Re: All-Star game rosters

MissouriMook wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:39 pm You just know that the last man in for the Central is going to be Toews when it should be Perron or Makar.
Toews has been coasting on his reputation for about four years now. He's had the benefit of being on some great teams and will probably get in the hall of fame because of it.

BluesSK wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:51 pm
MissouriMook wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:39 pm You just know that the last man in for the Central is going to be Toews when it should be Perron or Makar.
Toews has been coasting on his reputation for about four years now. He's had the benefit of being on some great teams and will probably get in the hall of fame because of it.
I kind of hope he gets it, so the boo birds can rain down on him whenever he touches the puck.

I also hope if Toews get's in, Binnington puts his arm around Toews during the Skills Competition and points to the banner in the rafter and says, "Hurts, doesn't it."

bradleygt89 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:49 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:37 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:40 pm I’d like to congratulate my boy Travis Konecny on his first All Star game appearance!
I’m starting to think his full name is actually ‘My boy Travis Konecny”
:lol:

I was about to ask Tim when the Father's trip was scheduled for

:lol: no doubt I should get an honorary invite! Nobody will ever question my loyalty to certain players though!
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Perron deserves to be an all star. I'd have no problem pushing any of the other three Blues off the roster to make room for 57. That's not to say 27, 50 and 90 are not deserving, but this may very well be Perron's only chance at this honor, and his effort has been outstanding this year. It would be nice for him to be rewarded.

Far be it from me to praise a Blackhawk (Except Marian Hossa, I've been a fan of his since his Ottawa days!), but Toews put up 81 points in 82 games just last season, setting career highs in goals, assists, points, shots, and Average Time on Ice while still playing a solid 2-way role, winning over 56% of faceoffs, etc. Sure, the team as a whole might suck right now, but Toews isn't really part of the problem (on the ice, at least; his $10.5 AAV contract admittedly isn't helping the franchise much)

RAFritchey wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:46 am
Far be it from me to praise a Blackhawk (Except Marian Hossa, I've been a fan of his since his Ottawa days!), but Toews put up 81 points in 82 games just last season, setting career highs in goals, assists, points, shots, and Average Time on Ice while still playing a solid 2-way role, winning over 56% of faceoffs, etc. Sure, the team as a whole might suck right now, but Toews isn't really part of the problem (on the ice, at least; his $10.5 AAV contract admittedly isn't helping the franchise much)
If someone doesn't like Marian Hossa send them to me and I will physically fight them.

As for the second part, Perron leads the best team in the West in points and penalty minutes. He is the premier power forward of Hockey. He's basically Brendan Shanahan 2.0 and we know Army LOVES to trade him so in 2 years we will trade him for Pronger 2.0. Then that guy for Brewer 2.0. Vicious cycle really.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:57 am
If someone doesn't like Marian Hossa send them to me and I will physically fight them.

As for the second part, Perron leads the best team in the West in points and penalty minutes. He is the premier power forward of Hockey. He's basically Brendan Shanahan 2.0 and we know Army LOVES to trade him so in 2 years we will trade him for Pronger 2.0. Then that guy for Brewer 2.0. And then a draft pick that will turn into Binnington 2.0 ;) Vicious cycle really.
added to it for you :)
"Do Only Good Everyday"

He's got 9 goals and 19 assists right now, which is hardly ASG worthy. These are generally based on the current season, not performance since the last ASG, although I think you can argue that ROR being in while Perron is not has a bit of that going on.

bradleygt89 wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:18 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:57 am

As for the second part, Perron leads the best team in the West in points and penalty minutes. He is the premier power forward of Hockey. He's basically Brendan Shanahan 2.0 and we know Army LOVES to trade him so in 2 years we will trade him for Pronger 2.0. Then that guy for Brewer 2.0. And then a draft pick that will turn into Binnington 2.0 ;) Vicious cycle really.
added to it for you :)
Funny how that worked out.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:37 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:40 pm I’d like to congratulate my boy Travis Konecny on his first All Star game appearance!
I’m starting to think his full name is actually ‘My boy Travis Konecny”
Hmmm....
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"