Re: How will history remember the Brent Seabrook era?

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:00 pm Even if the hips take all of next season to heal, he'll still have 3 seasons left on the contract, so theyll have to find some more joints to operate on.
He's got a whole body to work with!

Seriously though this looks like a hail mary effort to save his career. He's like twice as bad as JayBo was at his worst. If the surgery is successful they get back a top 4 d-man. If not they're stuck with an AHL level d-man getting paid like a #2.

ratonmono wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:04 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:00 pm Even if the hips take all of next season to heal, he'll still have 3 seasons left on the contract, so theyll have to find some more joints to operate on.

Seriously though this looks like a hail mary effort to save his career. He's like twice as bad as JayBo was at his worst. If the surgery is successful they get back a top 4 d-man. If not they're stuck with an AHL level d-man getting paid like a #2.
He was never as good in his prime as JayBo was.

Maybe Keith and Toews should do the same thing. That 5 years or so stretch of non stop hockey really took a toll on those guys.

OT: I'll remember the Brent Seabrook era as an asshole over-hyped d-man who won 3 cups with the fucking shithawk motherfucking team from the blowhard city.

Hijack opportunity: I'm sure this is one reason why DA is hesitant to offer Petro a 6-8 year contract for $9+ per year. Personally, I'd rather see Petro get 10 for 5 years, but that's probably not realistic either.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

ratonmono wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:04 pm

I don’t think so...I think this is just the Hawks putting their plan in place to get around that cap hit for the remainder of the contract.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"