Re: What would you give for McDavid?

Is he 100 points in his rookie season good? That may be Calder/Hart worthy. And that would be amazing.

Yes he is.

And hes locked in Siberia..I mean Edmonton for life. Does this put the oil back in the playoffs??

He's locked there till he's a UFA...which I think is at age 25 now.

No, he alone does not put them in the playoffs. The Oil finished 37 (18.5 games) points behind the final wild card spot.

If he gets 120 points, that'll net them no more than 5 more games won I'd imagine because the backend is a mess.
They have some quality young forwards that haven't even scratched the surface of their potential yet. The backend needs some work absolutely but they are a good coach away from the playoffs if McDavid puts up 100 points IMO.

rudy4u51 wrote: They have some quality young forwards that haven't even scratched the surface of their potential yet. The backend needs some work absolutely but they are a good coach away from the playoffs if McDavid puts up 100 points IMO.
Not next season.

There's too much gunk to be cleaned off of them to get them to play right.

Turk Sanderson wrote:Like I said before, two words...Alexandre Daigle.
he's not Daigle...not this kid. Look at the top junior and college players these days and how competitive it has become. These guys train year round to get an edge on each other. Look at guys like Dylan Strome and Mitch Marner...those guys are complete studs in this draft and then look at what McDavid did compared to them. It's almost incomprehensible that McDavid is that much better than these guys....it's damn near crazy. I should point out that Strome gets a lot of credit for continuing to score while McDavid was out. The Strome's are the next great hockey family....all those kids are very good. Look at their other linemate in Erie this year though...Alex DeBrincat....that dude was passed over twice in the OHL draft the last two years and this year he's a 50 goal scorer and an NHL draft pick come June.
McDavid is the real deal and will be the best player in the world in just a couple of years.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Battra wrote:
wizard pork sword wrote:
Battra wrote:I did some looking at McJesus's stats...holy hell.

In his 3 years in Erie...1.71 points per game...and 120 points in 47 games this past season....and +60.
He's not going to put up Gretzky type numbers as that's simply not possible in today's NHL, but he's going to be the greatest player in the world and it's painful knowing Edmonton gets him. Absolutely painful.
I'd bet you he nets 100 points next year.
He's not putting up 100pts next year but it probably won't be long.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

Battra wrote:
rudy4u51 wrote: They have some quality young forwards that haven't even scratched the surface of their potential yet. The backend needs some work absolutely but they are a good coach away from the playoffs if McDavid puts up 100 points IMO.
Not next season.

There's too much gunk to be cleaned off of them to get them to play right.
I just feel like something special is happening with the entire team (not cup but playoffs) IF McDavid scores over a 100 points. I agree with you though, that team has a lot of work to do.

NHLTIM wrote:
Turk Sanderson wrote:Like I said before, two words...Alexandre Daigle.
he's not Daigle...not this kid. Look at the top junior and college players these days and how competitive it has become. These guys train year round to get an edge on each other. Look at guys like Dylan Strome and Mitch Marner...those guys are complete studs in this draft and then look at what McDavid did compared to them. It's almost incomprehensible that McDavid is that much better than these guys....it's damn near crazy. I should point out that Strome gets a lot of credit for continuing to score while McDavid was out. The Strome's are the next great hockey family....all those kids are very good. Look at their other linemate in Erie this year though...Alex DeBrincat....that dude was passed over twice in the OHL draft the last two years and this year he's a 50 goal scorer and an NHL draft pick come June.
McDavid is the real deal and will be the best player in the world in just a couple of years.
I'm sure you're probably right, Tim, but these proposals are getting crazy....just like they were with Daigle.

wizard pork sword wrote:Since it's been mentioned several times. Here's the names to put it in perspective.

Steve Duchesne
Peter Forsberg
Ron Hextall
Kerry Huffman
Mike Ricci
$15M cash
1993 1st round pick (#10-Jocelyn Thibault)
future considerations (Chris Simon)
1994 1st round pick (#10-Nolan Baumgartner))
Then Hextall went back to Philadelphia too.

He should've stayed. :)

Turk Sanderson wrote:If we did one of those outlandish trades as proposed Petro, Shatty, Tank, 3 first rounders, and on and on and on...I'll guarantee you it would end badly here. He would refuse to report, get run over by a bus, a grand piano would fall out of a cargo-plane and land on his head....it's just the way it goes around here.
If we make that deal then there is no doubt about your earlier prediction. McDavid on the Blues definitely becomes the second coming of Alex Daigle! :lol:

"Suck a dick Johansen"