Re: Blues fans are tedious

Matangama wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:25 pm As thrilled as I was about the Blues winning the Cup, I have always been of the opinion that some Blues fans just suck and didn’t deserve it.

Amazingly, they all seem to post at the Asylum.
All I am saying is that...every time a team scores against the Blues it is not because the team is shitting the bed. I fail to see how that is alpha dogging anyone or attempting to shame people into being the kind of super fan I see myself as.

Matangama wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:25 pm As thrilled as I was about the Blues winning the Cup, I have always been of the opinion that some Blues fans just suck and didn’t deserve it.

There's miserable fucks in every fan base. Thankfully ours seem to congregate in one spot so it's easy to avoid.

Overreacting while at a game or watching at home is perfectly normal. It's part of the up and down of sports. Not everyone has the zen in them to stay level headed throughout a game. I Know that I don't, but since winning the cup I don't flip out quite so easily, :D

ratonmono wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:02 pm

There's miserable fucks in every fan base. Thankfully ours seem to congregate in one spot so it's easy to avoid.

Overreacting while at a game or watching at home is perfectly normal. It's part of the up and down of sports. Not everyone has the zen in them to stay level headed throughout a game. I Know that I don't, but since winning the cup I don't flip out quite so easily, :D
Same here, rat.....when I was younger, I’d live and die with every game and get really pissed when they lost. I have definitely outgrown that, and now with the Cup, I’m much more calm than ever before!

Matangama wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:19 pm
ratonmono wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:02 pm

Same here, rat.....when I was younger, I’d live and die with every game and get really pissed when they lost. I have definitely outgrown that, and now with the Cup, I’m much more calm than ever before!
All overreacting is not created equal. There are fans out there who think like they are Scotty Bowman and react to player mistakes like they are Bobby Knight. A lot of the reactions to Bortuzzo's hit as if he had invented cross checking seemed to be aimed more for social credit than actually understanding the game. I get being mad by a loss or a call. I think there is room for irrational anger in fandom. There is a certain combinations of those things, and ego...that really grind my gears... though!

CaptSMRT wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:50 pm
MissouriMook wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:27 am
CaptSMRT wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:02 am I swear to fuck...if the Blues aren't winning by four goals 90% of Blues fans are pissing blood out of their anal uterus. Every time a team scores a goal against the Blues it is because "they aren't playing hard enough" or some other bullshit. Sorry folks...you can be working your ass off on the ice and things still go the wrong way...it's a fast fucking game. Modern Blues fans make the people at the PD Blues talk forum seem rational. I spend most games wishing they had salient things to contribute to the discussion...like Brent Johnson smokes. The Blues could lose all 82 games this season and if you aren't still giddy from that cup win you totally missed the point.
You wanna know what's tedious? People who build these kind of strawmen because they have the need to knock them down and draw attention to themselves.

You wanna know what's tedious? People who feel the need to flex on how they are a "real fan" because of how they conduct themselves, and tirelessly put other fans down and scold them because they don't pass the "real fan" purity test they created.

Guess what? Not everyone that doesn't wear their fandom like you do is doing it wrong. And even if they are, you can fuck right off with the idea that you need for some reason to tear them down to lift yourself up and make yourself feel better. Sure some people need to chill with their over the top criticism, but others need to just get the fuck over themselves and learn to tune those things out.

/rant

Whew! I feel better. How about you?
Wear my fandom like me? Did you practice this in the bathroom before you typed it? According to your logic all fan behavior is beyond criticism, which is absurd.
Hyperbole again. How shocking.

Look, we all know you're an attention whore. We get it. But when you have to make yourself feel better by bringing others down, it doesn't make you righteous it makes you a dick. Don't be a dick. Other people expressing frustration at things that went wrong, even when we win, is just part of being a fan for some. It doesn't make them right or wrong. Shitting all over someone based on this is wrong and you know it. Grow the fuck up and realize that not everyone is the perfect little snowflake you are.

MissouriMook wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:35 am
MissouriMook wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:27 am
You wanna know what's tedious? People who build these kind of strawmen because they have the need to knock them down and draw attention to themselves.

You wanna know what's tedious? People who feel the need to flex on how they are a "real fan" because of how they conduct themselves, and tirelessly put other fans down and scold them because they don't pass the "real fan" purity test they created.

Guess what? Not everyone that doesn't wear their fandom like you do is doing it wrong. And even if they are, you can fuck right off with the idea that you need for some reason to tear them down to lift yourself up and make yourself feel better. Sure some people need to chill with their over the top criticism, but others need to just get the fuck over themselves and learn to tune those things out.

/rant

Whew! I feel better. How about you?
Wear my fandom like me? Did you practice this in the bathroom before you typed it? According to your logic all fan behavior is beyond criticism, which is absurd.

Look, we all know you're an attention whore. We get it. But when you have to make yourself feel better by bringing others down, it doesn't make you righteous it makes you a dick. Don't be a dick. Other people expressing frustration at things that went wrong, even when we win, is just part of being a fan for some. It doesn't make them right or wrong. Shitting all over someone based on this is wrong and you know it. Grow the fuck up and realize that not everyone is the perfect little snowflake you are.
Boo hoo...if you have such a big problem with it feel free to shut the fuck up and go cry about the Blues being behind for a period. The only snowflake triggered here is you. Go ahead and be a whiny ass cunt. I don't care.

CaptSMRT wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:02 am I swear to fuck...if the Blues aren't winning by four goals 90% of Blues fans are pissing blood out of their anal uterus. Every time a team scores a goal against the Blues it is because "they aren't playing hard enough" or some other bullshit. Sorry folks...you can be working your ass off on the ice and things still go the wrong way...it's a fast fucking game. Modern Blues fans make the people at the PD Blues talk forum seem rational. I spend most games wishing they had salient things to contribute to the discussion...like Brent Johnson smokes. The Blues could lose all 82 games this season and if you aren't still giddy from that cup win you totally missed the point.
No. You.

Doug Glatt wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:03 pm
No. You.
YOU GOON!!!

CaptSMRT wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:04 pm
Doug Glatt wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:03 pm
No. You.
YOU GOON!!!
goon.jpg goon.jpg Viewed 15941 times 28.19 KiB

CaptSMRT wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:53 pm

Boo hoo...if you have such a big problem with it feel free to shut the fuck up and go cry about the Blues being behind for a period. The only snowflake triggered here is you. Go ahead and be a whiny ass cunt. I don't care.
I'm not the one who created a thread for the sole purpose of shitting on his fellow Blues fans. Maybe take your own advice, cupcake.

MissouriMook wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:49 pm
CaptSMRT wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:53 pm

I'm not the one who created a thread for the sole purpose of shitting on his fellow Blues fans. Maybe take your own advice, cupcake.
If people didn't make threads there would be no GOD DAMN internet, it's literally made of threads.

NHLTIM wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:36 pm C’mon boys....let’s not turn this into the asylum
I blame Smooth21, damn noobs ruining this place I tell you!

BTW, since strings are often made of threads, I think Capn may have finally solved the problem with the string theory!

WE ALL MUST BLEED BLUE AT ALL TIME WITHOUT QUESTION! Otherwise the universe will collapse into a super-massive black hole!

"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:13 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:36 pm C’mon boys....let’s not turn this into the asylum
I blame Smooth21, damn noobs ruining this place I tell you!

BTW, since strings are often made of threads, I think Capn may have finally solved the problem with the string theory!

WE ALL MUST BLEED BLUE AT ALL TIME WITHOUT QUESTION! Otherwise the universe will collapse into a super-massive black hole!

string theory.jpg
Thou shalt have no other GODS before Louie.