Re: John Shannon: Blues and Arizona at top of Hall sweepstakes

NHLTIM wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:54 am
Turk Sanderson wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:46 am Blues would need to dump a $$$ contract to fit Hall under the cap. My guess it's Jake.
Blues would need to move a little over a $1mil back to Jersey to make this work and Sanford is at $1.5. Allen makes zero sense from a Devil's perspective especially when they can ask for Husso. Only way Allen is going back is if there was an extension along with the trade and if that's the case, then we are for sure losing one of Kyrou or Kostin and our 2020 1st rounder and odds would be good that closes the door on Petro once and for all.
Tim did a great job laying it out but for those that don't know, with Tarasenko on LTIR, he doesn't count against the cap anymore. So his 7.5 million is the cap space going back in any trade basically.
Just a Russian propaganda account

NHLTIM wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:16 am
BillP. wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:48 am All I know is, if Army gets Hall, he’ll win that trade. I think Kyrou will be part of that deal and I’d be fine with that. Need to sell high on Kyrou while you can provided the Blues brass has re-evaluated that their expectations of Kyrou has diminished.
Kyrou has looked good and he's only going to get better. Why on earth would you think the Blues would give him up for a rental?
I haven’t had sustained luck in uploading the nhl.ir stream on my phone. The one night against Dallas where they were the only late game of the day, I got to see all of that. Guess the more games the harder the upload.

So I haven’t gotten to see much of Kyrou. But I was talking to MattyIce at work and he said he just doesn’t see it with Kyrou. My feeling is, if the Blues brass has toned down their expectations of him that he’ll be dealt in a package deal without the expenditure of a first rd pick. I don’t think Army would trade both a first and Kyrou in a deal, it’ll be one or the other in a package deal. I got to believe that right now, Kostin has surpassed Kyrou on our prospect chart.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:00 am
Matangama wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:50 am Hey, Smooth21 is going to start posting here once he gets approved by our fearless moderator. Great guy that gets fed up with the bullshit at the Asylum......like the rest of us. Welcome Smooth!
I hope he enjoys his time in solitary confinement on the practice board :lol:
I told him that we are a hard ass crew here, so he needs to tread lightly!

BillP. wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:06 am
BillP. wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:48 am All I know is, if Army gets Hall, he’ll win that trade. I think Kyrou will be part of that deal and I’d be fine with that. Need to sell high on Kyrou while you can provided the Blues brass has re-evaluated that their expectations of Kyrou has diminished.
Kyrou has looked good and he's only going to get better. Why on earth would you think the Blues would give him up for a rental?
I haven’t had sustained luck in uploading the nhl.ir stream on my phone. The one night against Dallas where they were the only late game of the day, I got to see all of that. Guess the more games the harder the upload.

So I haven’t gotten to see much of Kyrou. But I was talking to MattyIce at work and he said he just doesn’t see it with Kyrou. My feeling is, if the Blues brass has toned down their expectations of him that he’ll be dealt in a package deal without the expenditure of a first rd pick. I don’t think Army would trade both a first and Kyrou in a deal, it’ll be one or the other in a package deal. I got to believe that right now, Kostin has surpassed Kyrou on our prospect chart.
Kyrou is a proven PPG player in the AHL....and is still far and away our #1 rated prospect. If you watch the last two games...you can see that Kyrou has it. He's been generating scoring chances since he got here. Hopefully he will get rewarded tonight.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:00 am
Matangama wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:50 am Hey, Smooth21 is going to start posting here once he gets approved by our fearless moderator. Great guy that gets fed up with the bullshit at the Asylum......like the rest of us. Welcome Smooth!
I hope he enjoys his time in solitary confinement on the practice board :lol:
:lol:

Welcome Smooth! Great to see you again!
"Do Only Good Everyday"

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:14 pm Might be in the minority here but I’m not that excited about the prospect of getting Hall...good player but not sure he fits. Also don’t think it’s worth giving up a good prospect and a first for a guy we aren’t going to re-sign.
I agree; I don't think many are excited about it; I do think most hope/believe that IF DA does it, he'll pay a fair price...which is why NJ will probably go somewhere else. Also, DA may just be driving up the price to make Petro's value even higher if they are planning on moving him ;)
"Do Only Good Everyday"

NHLTIM wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:11 am
BillP. wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:06 am

Kyrou is a proven PPG player in the AHL....and is still far and away our #1 rated prospect. If you watch the last two games...you can see that Kyrou has it. He's been generating scoring chances since he got here. Hopefully he will get rewarded tonight.
Vastly improved in his overall game over last year. Clearly he listened to the things Berube wanted to see from him.

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:14 pm Might be in the minority here but I’m not that excited about the prospect of getting Hall...good player but not sure he fits. Also don’t think it’s worth giving up a good prospect and a first for a guy we aren’t going to re-sign.
I was fairly apprehensive a while back, but if it's at a rental price I'm ok with it. As with every deal, the price is everything. Arizona would seem to have more to offer, so if we get him the price might really hurt.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:45 pm
I was fairly apprehensive a while back, but if it's at a rental price I'm ok with it. As with every deal, the price is everything. Arizona would seem to have more to offer, so if we get him the price might really hurt.
I want the Cup
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:48 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:45 pm
I want the Cup
Me too. I was apprehensive earlier when I wasn't sure about Hall's play earlier this year. I'm good now. Flags fly forever.

I've been thinking about this some more...what if Bozak is one of the pieces going to NJ for Hall? Something like Bozak, Husso, a lower level prospect, and a first? That would accomplish freeing up cap space next year while improving the team this year. NJ gets a veteran guy who can add a solid defensive presence to their team this year and next, and probably get a pick for him at the deadline next year.

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:22 am I've been thinking about this some more...what if Bozak is one of the pieces going to NJ for Hall? Something like Bozak, Husso, a lower level prospect, and a first? That would accomplish freeing up cap space next year while improving the team this year. NJ gets a veteran guy who can add a solid defensive presence to their team this year and next, and probably get a pick for him at the deadline next year.
Bozak has a modified no trade clause. I’d say odds are good that the Devils are one of the teams on his no trade list

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:27 am
UMSLBlues12 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:22 am I've been thinking about this some more...what if Bozak is one of the pieces going to NJ for Hall? Something like Bozak, Husso, a lower level prospect, and a first? That would accomplish freeing up cap space next year while improving the team this year. NJ gets a veteran guy who can add a solid defensive presence to their team this year and next, and probably get a pick for him at the deadline next year.
Bozak has a modified no trade clause. I’d say odds are good that the Devils are one of the teams on his no trade list
Yeah, you're right. Looks like he submits a 10-team list in July. Assuming he's not Berglund and didn't turn it in on time (ha), NJ is probably one of those 10 teams.

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:41 am
NHLTIM wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:27 am
Yeah, you're right. Looks like he submits a 10-team list in July. Assuming he's not Berglund and didn't turn it in on time (ha), NJ is probably one of those 10 teams.
In July the Devils looked a lot better than they do now. Having said that I don't know why the Devils would be more interested in a deal with Bozak than an all futures deal from Arizona. Bozak is a nice veteran player that can play PP/PK as well, but I don't know that the Devils care much about the immediate future for him to interest them.

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:51 am

I really think Hall's not interested in signing anywhere until 7/1. I don't blame him after all the crappy teams he's had to play for throughout his career.
yep and if the Coyotes aren't willing to trade their top two prospects, I would think Army could beat any deal if really wants to. One thing we know is that Army will wait it out on his terms if he's truly interested.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:11 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:51 am

I really think Hall's not interested in signing anywhere until 7/1. I don't blame him after all the crappy teams he's had to play for throughout his career.
yep and if the Coyotes aren't willing to trade their top two prospects, I would think Army could beat any deal if really wants to. One thing we know is that Army will wait it out on his terms if he's truly interested.
We won't see it coming either.