Friedman's 31 thoughts (12/4)

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/31- ... sion=true
Decent amount of Blues related content today...
"5. There is an interesting development regarding the 2020–21 salary cap. Because players and agents were trying to avoid putting too much salary into what could have been a lockout/strike season, there is less cash scheduled to be paid out next year. There are some big contracts on the way (Torey Krug, Alex Pietrangelo, etc.), but the cap is still going to be lower. That’s good news for escrow haters, because (very early) predictions from both the NHL and NHLPA indicate that number will be very low. It’s too early to know for sure, but that opens the possibility the players add some breathing room by using more of their “inflator” on the cap. They can raise it up to five per cent, but have been going considerably lower the last couple of seasons. Cap-strapped clubs would love that news."

"7. The Taylor Hall trade talks have intensified, but that doesn’t mean it’s going to happen at this time.

“He’s trying,” another GM said of Shero.

The Devils have made it clear they want first-rounders (although they are willing to discuss conditional situations, depending on the acquiring team’s ability to re-sign Hall or playoff results) and/or high-level prospects who are ready to play. They badly need defence, which is why there’s a lot of focus on Colorado as the perfect trade partner. The Avalanche have plenty of defensive prospects and think they can win. Several teams believe Arizona is making a serious effort. Hall is what they need, too. It’s believed Dallas and St. Louis are among other pursuers.

8. I do think Edmonton’s interested, but there’s a limit. I’m not convinced the Oilers will pay what New Jersey wants.

9. Before the Dec. 1 signing deadline, word is the Oilers re-engaged some of the clubs who had shown previous interest in Jesse Puljujarvi. That includes the Rangers, St. Louis and Tampa Bay. I believe they discussed Lias Andersson with New York, and think Puljujarvi wanted to go there, but things couldn’t close."
And my personal favorite lil nugget: 8-)
"25. And one GM predicts, “Watch St. Louis. They think they can repeat, and they will go for it.”

Word is out that Army isn't just gonna sit on his hands. It's gonna take some creativity, but looks like the wheels are in motion.

Re: Friedman's 31 thoughts (12/4)

usmcaaron wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:32 pm

Word is out that Army isn't just gonna sit on his hands. It's gonna take some creativity, but looks like the wheels are in motion.
I wonder how much creative it'll actually take. I believe they have over 5 million in cap space right now with Tarasenko on long-term IR. They are going to be in prime position to make a move if they want to, and I'm someone who thinks they need to in order to repeat. I think they will have to be less creative than other contenders. Add to that you could have a prime trade chip in Jake Allen.

Get a scorer here.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Please no freaking taylor hall. I don't ever want to see another Oilers first round pick reject wear a Blues jersey. Never. Ever. Every single one has been a failure here (that I can remember, at least over the last 15 years).

At to Kreider, not sure what he brings that we don't have already in Blais, Sunny D, and others, especially considering the cost for someone who'll be a UFA. I wonder how he'd fit in, although he might be a slight upgrade over Sanford for the ROR line...
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:18 pm Please no freaking taylor hall. I don't ever want to see another Oilers first round pick reject wear a Blues jersey. Never. Ever. Every single one has been a failure here (that I can remember, at least over the last 15 years).

At to Kreider, not sure what he brings that we don't have already in Blais, Sunny D, and others, especially considering the cost for someone who'll be a UFA. I wonder how he'd fit in, although he might be a slight upgrade over Sanford for the ROR line...
All two of them. :lol:

Ozzies09tc wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:25 pm Looking at Kriders stats...no thanks.

Looking at Hall's defense...no thanks.
What's wrong with Kreider's stats? He's been a 50 point player give or take for five years with great speed, an edge, and goes to the net like a mad man. He's absolutely perfect for this team.

Hall, yeah not a huge fan of getting him.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:25 pm
bradleygt89 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:18 pm Please no freaking taylor hall. I don't ever want to see another Oilers first round pick reject wear a Blues jersey. Never. Ever. Every single one has been a failure here (that I can remember, at least over the last 15 years).

Yep, every single one of them. I may have multiple personalities, but I do know that two is plural...
"Do Only Good Everyday"

ratonmono wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:39 pm
Ozzies09tc wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:25 pm Looking at Kriders stats...no thanks.

Looking at Hall's defense...no thanks.
What's wrong with Kreider's stats? He's been a 50 point player give or take for five years with great speed, an edge, and goes to the net like a mad man. He's absolutely perfect for this team.

Hall, yeah not a huge fan of getting him.
Honestly...I only looked at this years stats' so I admit I'm a dipshit.

28yrs old on a 4.6/yr contract probably due for a raise (?) as he is a UFA after this season. - I'd be ok with him depending on the return for a possible renter or a replacement for Bozak as Thomas moves to center
I hope Snuggerud beats the shit out of Kyrou

39hurricane wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:31 pm If we're going to guess who the Blues might go after this season I say Tyler Toffoli. 4.6 and is a UFA at the end of this season. 27 year old Right Wng / Center who shoots right.
This makes sense on many levels, but I don't know, there's just something that scares me about anybody that's been on board with the LA collapse over the last few years. That's probably not fair to Toffoli since he was a key piece of that 2014 Cup team, but something about that organization seems off besides the aging of it's stars.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Toffoli would be a rental only. I doubt he has any real desire to leave the west coast and his wife works for the Dodgers. He will go to the highest bidder near the deadline and there will be plenty of suitors. Maybe Nolan Stevens and a draft pick might but I don’t think I’d go more than that.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

bradleygt89 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:47 pm

Yep, every single one of them. I may have multiple personalities, but I do know that two is plural...
I only laughed because the original comment made me think there was a plethora of them.

But PRV and Nail were already bust went they came to the Blues, that is not the case with Hall.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:34 am

I only laughed because the original comment made me think there was a plethora of them.

But PRV and Nail were already bust went they came to the Blues, that is not the case with Hall.
you forgot Brewer (wasn't he a 1st round pick too?) :)

Being real, I think Hall is a hell of an offensive minded player and would score some big goals for us, but I just hate the thought of the cost, either short term to acquire him or long term to keep him. I just don't think he is worth it at this stage of his career, and correct me if I'm wrong, he's had some serious injuries too. We already have one injury riddled sniper on the team in Tarasenko, we don't need another IMHO. I like our chances as they are with our current roster.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:59 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:34 am

you forgot Brewer (wasn't he a 1st round pick too?) :)

Being real, I think Hall is a hell of an offensive minded player and would score some big goals for us, but I just hate the thought of the cost, either short term to acquire him or long term to keep him. I just don't think he is worth it at this stage of his career, and correct me if I'm wrong, he's had some serious injuries too. We already have one injury riddled sniper on the team in Tarasenko, we don't need another IMHO. I like our chances as they are with our current roster.
True. I was thinking you meant guys drafted in the last 15. But if I start talking about Brewer's time in St Louis this thread will be completely hijacked.