Re: Blues Prospects Thread (2019-20)

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:04 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:28 am Perunovich is killing it in the NCAA so far this season. Leading UMD with 20 points (2g 18a) in 14 games.
If the Blues try to take a run at Taylor Hall, I can see this name not being Blues property anymore.
Yeah, it'd probably take a couple high end prospects plus some salary, even without an extension for Hall. I'm not sure I'd make that deal. He'd provide some offense, but I haven't watched him enough to know how well he'd fit. Has he ever had to play a defense first structure? If so, has he bought in and actually done so? Serious questions, I have no idea either way.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:48 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:28 am Perunovich is killing it in the NCAA so far this season. Leading UMD with 20 points (2g 18a) in 14 games.
If the Blues try to take a run at Taylor Hall, I can see this name not being Blues property anymore.
Yeah, it'd probably take a couple high end prospects plus some salary, even without an extension for Hall. I'm not sure I'd make that deal. He'd provide some offense, but I haven't watched him enough to know how well he'd fit. Has he ever had to play a defense first structure? If so, has he bought in and actually done so? Serious questions, I have no idea either way.
Could the Blues fit Hall in with an extension? If Army swings it, then it'll go down as a great deal for the Blues. I'm convinced of that. Just wonder if he could actually fit him in the Cap and would that be wise? The thing is, if Tank isn't ready come playoff time, we really could use Hall. I can see him fitting in on this team.

BillP. wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:35 pm

Could the Blues fit Hall in with an extension? If Army swings it, then it'll go down as a great deal for the Blues. I'm convinced of that. Just wonder if he could actually fit him in the Cap and would that be wise? The thing is, if Tank isn't ready come playoff time, we really could use Hall. I can see him fitting in on this team.
1. Put Tank on LTIR for the rest of the season to "heal" the shoulder
2. Bring in Hall
3. What $$$$ are we going to move out?
3a. Please say Shakey Jakey, since he's on a bit of a hot streak and a SO to boot.

Cotton McKnight wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:39 pm

2. Bring in Hall

I guess Allen and JBO coming off next year would cover most of it. But man, I really like Boumeester's game now and would like to see him come back next year again. Fitting Hall in would be tough and I'm not sure if it would be a wise move. It's just that for this Title Defense with Tank not up to par, we really need Hall.

I can see the Blues shipping Perunovich and something as a rental for Hall. I don't see how we can afford Hall long term though. Petro is priority number 1. Though shedding Allen next summer would help matters I just don't see how you can expect to add Hall with an extension unless it's clear that Petro is already leaving?

My guess is that Hall ends up in either Colorado or back in Edmonton for the year then takes a huge contract from the highest bidder in the summer. Hall comes off to me as a guy who is just going to go for top dollar regardless of the team's quality. Plus there were always rumors that he was a problem child in that Edmonton locker room, though unhappy and Edmonton kinda go hand in hand. I'd be cautious when pursuing a guy like Hall is all I'm saying. Kreider is a better fit IMO.

BillP. wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:44 pm
Cotton McKnight wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:39 pm

2. Bring in Hall

I guess Allen and JBO coming off next year would cover most of it. But man, I really like Boumeester's game now and would like to see him come back next year again. Fitting Hall in would be tough and I'm not sure if it would be a wise move. It's just that for this Title Defense with Tank not up to par, we really need Hall.
I'd want to sign JBO again, you are very right about this being some of his best play of his career. What about our Mr. Intagibles, Steen (even though it would suck to part with him)?

ratonmono wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:44 pm

I can see the Blues shipping Perunovich and something as a rental for Hall. I don't see how we can afford Hall long term though. Petro is priority number 1. Though shedding Allen next summer would help matters I just don't see how you can expect to add Hall with an extension unless it's clear that Petro is already leaving?

My guess is that Hall ends up in either Colorado or back in Edmonton for the year then takes a huge contract from the highest bidder in the summer. Hall comes off to me as a guy who is just going to go for top dollar regardless of the team's quality. Plus there were always rumors that he was a problem child in that Edmonton locker room, though unhappy and Edmonton kinda go hand in hand. I'd be cautious when pursuing a guy like Hall is all I'm saying. Kreider is a better fit IMO.
Ok, so I had 4 seconds to think...I'm alright with Hall in EDM...That team just needs to suffer some more. Imagine all of their salary in just 3 forwards. They would score like crazy for the first quarter of the year, then fall just out of the playoffs.

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:47 pm Hall would make me nervous under a long term deal. While the term wouldn't be as long, he strikes me as a guy that might take a Parise-like aging curve. That's not what you want for $10+M for 8 years.
Agreed. Hall had one MVP quality season not taking that away from him but the Parise comparison is pretty close, except Parise had way better playoff pedigree at the same age. Not completely against it if Army and co. really believe this guy can blend in but Kreider is the better target for this team IMO. For contenders adding pieces it's always more about adding to an already great mix than just grabbing the biggest names. Those deals tend to flop.

Trading for and and then signing Hall to a max extension? Trading Perunovich for a Hall playoff rental? What in the name of all that's holy are we smoking all the sudden? If they are going to make a deal with Jersey, Miles Wood is the guy you target but if Army is truly planning on adding a playoff rental, the player to add is Chris Kreider and no, you shouldn't be giving up Perunovich in either deal.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:41 pm Trading for and and then signing Hall to a max extension? Trading Perunovich for a Hall playoff rental? What in the name of all that's holy are we smoking all the sudden? If they are going to make a deal with Jersey, Miles Wood is the guy you target but if Army is truly planning on adding a playoff rental, the player to add is Chris Kreider and no, you shouldn't be giving up Perunovich in either deal.
Agree on Kreider, but I really don't have a huge issue moving Perunovich for him if that's what it takes. Blues already have Dunn on the left side who does what Perunovich might do. Mikkola should be ready soon and we will keep bringing Bo back until the wife says he can't play any more. Also Kreider has a much better chance of being retained after being rented. Hopefully we can get Kreider without giving up a 1st, Perunovich, or Kyrou.

NHLTIM wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:41 pm Trading for and and then signing Hall to a max extension? Trading Perunovich for a Hall playoff rental? What in the name of all that's holy are we smoking all the sudden? If they are going to make a deal with Jersey, Miles Wood is the guy you target but if Army is truly planning on adding a playoff rental, the player to add is Chris Kreider and no, you shouldn't be giving up Perunovich in either deal.
Are you a cop? You have to tell us if you're a cop.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:22 pm
Ozzies09tc wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:13 pm Is Husso good enough to be our backup if we trade Allen away? yes Allen will cool off but will Husso be a reliable backup for a cup-contending team though never playing in the NHL?
Neither would see important playoff time so if a team offers up something that can help you during the playoffs, take it.
Touche'

But at this moment we have not amassed enough points to guarantee a PO spot. But hell...with Binner in net all we need is 8th seed
I hope Snuggerud beats the shit out of Kyrou

Turk Sanderson wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:33 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:23 pm You know who else I'd love to see Army trade for....Joel Armia
Why trade for anyone??? With all the injuries, all this team does is win.
Oh I agree but the thread is talking about trades so i figured I’d throw his name out there. He’d be a perfect fit for this team for sure.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"