Re: GDT: Blues v. Pens 11/30

ratonmono wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:08 pm
39hurricane wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:06 pm DL Rose gets a point!
I've actually found him to be perfectly serviceable as a fourth liner/press box guy.
Yes. He's fine for a 2-way forecheck/cycler minute eater, who can pass decently, and contribute a little to the offence. He's what we thought Sundqvist was, before he started scoring goals.

Nice to hear Pang say that Sundqvist had a "light skate" today, and is not nearly as serious as was thought.

Schwartz scores, flipping it in after a deke, after a great pass by Perron!!!! Blues lead 5-2!!! :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana:

Can we collect tacos at our nearest Overseas Taco stand???

The undermanned Blues win yet another game playing with LOTS of AHLers and bench players!!! I've been watching The Blues since their first game in 1967, and THIS 2018-19 and 2019-20 team is their team with the most heart and the most confidence even when their playing roster has had quite a bit less talent than several of their other teams that couldn't approach this one in gutsy wins. I'm glad I've stayed around long enough to see this happen! :bananaride:

So many Blues are stepping up their play. It's really great to see after 51 years of coming up short. This experience that the depth players are getting will stand The Blues in good stead after all the starters are back. Walker looked great. MacEchearn played great, as well. Barbashev has played excellently over the whole time since the spate of injuries started.

Robb_K wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:33 pm The undermanned Blues win yet another game playing with LOTS of AHLers and bench players!!! I've been watching The Blues since their first game in 1967, and THIS 2018-19 and 2019-20 team is their team with the most heart and the most confidence even when their playing roster has had quite a bit less talent than several of their other teams that couldn't approach this one in gutsy wins. I'm glad I've stayed around long enough to see this happen! :bananaride:
Yes sir! And we're happy to have you around! This is a great time to be a Blues fan.

bradleygt89 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:07 pm Strong win; Pens started to get some life back after the 2nd goal, but that PP goal by Schwartz totally took the life out of them. Way to stab them in the fucking neck Schwartzy!!!

Let's GO BLUES!!!
They've finally learned to stab them through the eye and into the brain and kill the enemy!

BlueinNy wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:47 am Well , I gotta say it emanates from that goaler we got, hes got skill, confidence, and an edge that's been missing for a couple decades. I shudder to think what this team would look like if Jake was the man.

Agree there. However, it seems even Allen has played better. Perhaps team confidence has oozed into his psyche.

Theiceman wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:04 pm
BlueinNy wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:47 am Well , I gotta say it emanates from that goaler we got, hes got skill, confidence, and an edge that's been missing for a couple decades. I shudder to think what this team would look like if Jake was the man.

Agree there. However, it seems even Allen has played better. Perhaps team confidence has oozed into his psyche.

Throughout Allen's career he has gone on tears where he looks amazing.

Robb_K wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:33 pm... I'm glad I've stayed around long enough to see this happen! :bananaride:
NASA & ESA have proven that banana slugs cannot survive in outer space. So you might as well stick around with the rest of us here on Earth, @Robb_K, and enjoy the terrestrial ride for a while longer.

BluesSK wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:03 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:24 am After reflecting on last nights game, I think what I'm left with to say is...this team, this effing team.
They're a machine.
This team isn't perfect, and they've lost 33% of their top 12 forwards. I'm sure they'll run into a bit of a rough patch at some point. But then, just like now, they won't piss and moan about it, they'll just get back to work and try to start banking points again. I love the attitude. Boo-Hoo, we lost some good players, let's go win some games now so when they come back we can carry that shiny trophy around St. Louis again.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!