Re: Troy Brouwer is back

NHLTIM wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:11 am
BillP. wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:58 am Pouliot sounds interesting. 8th pick in his draft, only 25, has only played 200 games. Who knows? Look at Brad Hunt kicking ass in Minnesota, the guy is a plus 8 and he's playing in key situations now over there.
I’m still wondering who the Leafs have their eye on ? I’m wondering if maybe they are interested in Gunner or Dunn? Sure seems like some talks are taking place and the Blues have an abundance of dmen. Gunner wouldn’t return much but a deal centered around Dunn plus might fetch someone like Kapanen. Just seems like right now isn’t the time. Leafs playing well since the coaching change and the Blues have plenty of forwards they can rotate in and out of the lineup.
Dunn seems like the exact type of defenseman Dubas would like.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:44 am
BillP. wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:58 am Pouliot sounds interesting. 8th pick in his draft, only 25, has only played 200 games. Who knows? Look at Brad Hunt kicking ass in Minnesota, the guy is a plus 8 and he's playing in key situations now over there.
I’m still wondering who the Leafs have their eye on ? I’m wondering if maybe they are interested in Gunner or Dunn? Sure seems like some talks are taking place and the Blues have an abundance of dmen. Gunner wouldn’t return much but a deal centered around Dunn plus might fetch someone like Kapanen. Just seems like right now isn’t the time. Leafs playing well since the coaching change and the Blues have plenty of forwards they can rotate in and out of the lineup.
Dunn seems like the exact type of defenseman Dubas would like.
Well, they can't have Dunn. He's ours!

All these guys could possibly play 3rd pairing LHD mins. Plus we still have Gunner
Pouliot
Borgman
Mikkola
I’ve got a bad feeling Dunn is the Leafs target
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

MattyIce wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:13 am
NHLTIM wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:06 am All these guys could possibly play 3rd pairing LHD mins. Plus we still have Gunner
Pouliot
Borgman
Mikkola
I’ve got a bad feeling Dunn is the Leafs target
If Dunn is involved, just walk away. That's how I see it at least
I would agree

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:39 am
BillP. wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:33 am

You might be right about the Leafs targeting Dunn, but I'd be surprised if the Blues parted with him. Like you said, Kapanen really isn't a need. Especially with Kyrou getting a look soon.
Kapanen would be a need for the Blues. Another bottom 6 forward from Toronto wouldn’t be.
Would you trade Dunn straight up for Kapanen?

Personally I wouldn't. Blues biggest strength is their defense and I wound't touch it.

BillP. wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:33 am

You might be right about the Leafs targeting Dunn, but I'd be surprised if the Blues parted with him. Like you said, Kapanen really isn't a need. Especially with Kyrou getting a look soon.
Kapanen would be a need for the Blues. Another bottom 6 forward from Toronto wouldn’t be.

Personally I wouldn't. Blues biggest strength is their defense and I wound't touch it.
I wouldn’t make that deal.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

Kapanen is signed for 2 more years after this yr at 3.2/yr

Dunn will be a RFA after this year.

Is this a trade the leafs would be interested in? Trading for a young D that is offensive minded, due for a raise with their cap crunched as it is?

I'm highly skeptical. The cap lost sending Kapanen away would assist in the Dunn contract however I just don't see it. They are a young team and would want more veteran leadership to help keep the kids in line - IMO
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

Ozzies09tc wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:15 pm

Kapanen is signed for 2 more years after this yr at 3.2/yr

Dunn will be a RFA after this year.

Is this a trade the leafs would be interested in? Trading for a young D that is offensive minded, due for a raise with their cap crunched as it is?

I'm highly skeptical. The cap lost sending Kapanen away would assist in the Dunn contract however I just don't see it. They are a young team and would want more veteran leadership to help keep the kids in line - IMO
Probably but I just don’t know who else they would be targeting

"Suck a dick Johansen"