Re: GDT: St Louis Blues vs Nashville - 7:00pm 11/23 - TV:FSMO ESPN+ TV:101.1espn

Beatoni12 wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:08 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:06 pm
Beatoni12 wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:52 pm

Good to see Panger chumming it up with that POS woman beater. :roll:
Well It's his job
He can ask him questions, but joking around with him is a choice, and a poor one.
Pretty sure the NHL and the girlfriend said he never laid a hand on her. If I remember correctly they were both drunk at the time.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Re: GDT: St Louis Blues vs Nashville - 7:00pm 11/23 - TV:FSMO ESPN+ TV:101.1espn

NHLTIM wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:14 pm

Well It's his job
He can ask him questions, but joking around with him is a choice, and a poor one.
Pretty sure the NHL and the girlfriend said he never laid a hand on her. If I remember correctly they were both drunk at the time.
I missed it...who did he interview? Varlamov?
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

Well It's his job
NHL suspended him for 27 games (later reduced by an arbitrator).

“ Watson was arrested June 16 after a witness flagged down a police officer to a gas station in Franklin, Tennessee. Watson told police he and his girlfriend were arguing and that he pushed her. Officers said they found red marks on her chest, and she said Watson caused them. Watson pleaded no contest to domestic assault on July 24.”

Very common for the victim to take the blame, sadly. Not saying she wasn’t with fault here, but very clear that Watson got physical with her.

BluesSK wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:37 am Sooooo... Bobby Bortuzzo looking at a suspension for the Arvidsson crosschecks.

They need to do Marchand too. Let's see what happens.
Marchands hit was nowhere near as bad as the hit in the Colorado/Toronto game. That’s the hit the league should be looking at this morning.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:13 am
BluesSK wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:37 am Sooooo... Bobby Bortuzzo looking at a suspension for the Arvidsson crosschecks.

They need to do Marchand too. Let's see what happens.
Marchands hit was nowhere near as bad as the hit in the Colorado/Toronto game. That’s the hit the league should be looking at this morning. I hope Bortz gets a few games because he needs to sit.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

Beatoni12 wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:24 pm

“ Watson was arrested June 16 after a witness flagged down a police officer to a gas station in Franklin, Tennessee. Watson told police he and his girlfriend were arguing and that he pushed her. Officers said they found red marks on her chest, and she said Watson caused them. Watson pleaded no contest to domestic assault on July 24.”

Very common for the victim to take the blame, sadly. Not saying she wasn’t with fault here, but very clear that Watson got physical with her.
It could also very well be a case of a drunk female instigated it and he pushed her off of him. One "push" is all it can take for red skin to appear on some people with certain skin conditions.

[gets on soapbox]
This culture of "women can do no wrong" is very harmful to society (not saying you insinuated this or believe this...this is me on my soapbox) and when women get out of control, men have two choices...get physically assaulted, or defend themselves. YES men can be bigger but that does NOT give the "smaller" female any right to get physical. Ever. [gets off soapbox]

It did sound like a "victim took the blame" at first until I read she apologized to the city of Nashville and the Predators organization. Victims don't go THAT over the top unless admitting to the alcoholism.
On June 16, 2018, Watson was arrested in Franklin, Tennessee, on a misdemeanour charge of domestic assault. According to the police report, an officer was flagged down after a witness reported seeing Watson "swat" his girlfriend, Jenn Guardino, and prevent her from leaving the couple's SUV at a gas station.[18] According to the police report, at the time of the incident Watson and Guardino were arguing about her drinking and not being able to attend a wedding.[19] Watson admitted to pushing Guardino and the officer noted red marks on her chest. Guardino denied that Watson had touched her, but later changed her statement and told police that he was responsible for the marks on her chest. Guardino told police that Watson at times "gets handsy" and pleaded with officers not to press charges, fearing damage to his NHL career. The specifics of the "gets handsy" statement were not clarified in the police report. Watson was subsequently charged with suspicion of domestic assault. The police report noted that Guardino became "extremely upset" when Watson was taken into custody.[18]

On July 24, 2018, Watson pleaded no contest to the domestic assault charge. He was sentenced to one-year probation and ordered to complete a 26-week batterer intervention course. Violating his probation could earn Watson up to a year in jail time.[19] As a result of his charge, Watson was suspended by the NHL from all 2018–19 preseason games and 27 regular season games.[20] After appealing his suspension to an independent arbitrator, Watson's suspension was reduced to 18 games.[21]

On October 13, 2018, Guardino issued a statement in which she took full blame for the June 16 incident, claiming that it was not an act of domestic violence and that Watson would never hit or abuse her. She attributed the incident entirely to her own drinking problem. In the public statement, Guardino apologized to everyone involved, including the Predators and the city of Nashville, and thanked Watson for his support.[22] The statement read in part:

My behaviour and state of intoxication lead to the police being involved that day. I have struggled with alcoholism for many years and I am actively involved in AA. I am fortunate to have Austin's continued support with my treatment. We handled matters poorly on June 16th and know that we need to make better decisions going forward.

— Jenn Guardino, October 13, 2018[22][23]
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

Ozzies09tc wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:08 pm

It could also very well be a case of a drunk female instigated it and he pushed her off of him. One "push" is all it can take for red skin to appear on some people with certain skin conditions.

[gets on soapbox]
This culture of "women can do no wrong" is very harmful to society (not saying you insinuated this or believe this...this is me on my soapbox) and when women get out of control, men have two choices...get physically assaulted, or defend themselves. YES men can be bigger but that does NOT give the "smaller" female any right to get physical. Ever. [gets off soapbox]

It did sound like a "victim took the blame" at first until I read she apologized to the city of Nashville and the Predators organization. Victims don't go THAT over the top unless admitting to the alcoholism.
On June 16, 2018, Watson was arrested in Franklin, Tennessee, on a misdemeanour charge of domestic assault. According to the police report, an officer was flagged down after a witness reported seeing Watson "swat" his girlfriend, Jenn Guardino, and prevent her from leaving the couple's SUV at a gas station.[18] According to the police report, at the time of the incident Watson and Guardino were arguing about her drinking and not being able to attend a wedding.[19] Watson admitted to pushing Guardino and the officer noted red marks on her chest. Guardino denied that Watson had touched her, but later changed her statement and told police that he was responsible for the marks on her chest. Guardino told police that Watson at times "gets handsy" and pleaded with officers not to press charges, fearing damage to his NHL career. The specifics of the "gets handsy" statement were not clarified in the police report. Watson was subsequently charged with suspicion of domestic assault. The police report noted that Guardino became "extremely upset" when Watson was taken into custody.[18]

On July 24, 2018, Watson pleaded no contest to the domestic assault charge. He was sentenced to one-year probation and ordered to complete a 26-week batterer intervention course. Violating his probation could earn Watson up to a year in jail time.[19] As a result of his charge, Watson was suspended by the NHL from all 2018–19 preseason games and 27 regular season games.[20] After appealing his suspension to an independent arbitrator, Watson's suspension was reduced to 18 games.[21]

On October 13, 2018, Guardino issued a statement in which she took full blame for the June 16 incident, claiming that it was not an act of domestic violence and that Watson would never hit or abuse her. She attributed the incident entirely to her own drinking problem. In the public statement, Guardino apologized to everyone involved, including the Predators and the city of Nashville, and thanked Watson for his support.[22] The statement read in part:

My behaviour and state of intoxication lead to the police being involved that day. I have struggled with alcoholism for many years and I am actively involved in AA. I am fortunate to have Austin's continued support with my treatment. We handled matters poorly on June 16th and know that we need to make better decisions going forward.

Defending yourself doesn't involve physical or verbal abuse. From everything I've read here and from what I recall about the incident, it sounds exactly as it was later described, thanks for sharing Tim. Police have to act and make calls on the side of safety, so I understand why they arrested Watson. And it sounds like both of them acknowledged their mistakes in judgement that evening and are in programs to help themselves. People can learn and grow, that is what our justice system is supposed to be based on, including innocent until found guilty. Unfortunately, humans have always had the thought process of guilty until proven not so guilty...as the stigma from the arrest always stays, unfortunately.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:19 pm

[gets on soapbox]

Defending yourself doesn't involve physical or verbal abuse. From everything I've read here and from what I recall about the incident, it sounds exactly as it was later described, thanks for sharing Tim. Police have to act and make calls on the side of safety, so I understand why they arrested Watson. And it sounds like both of them acknowledged their mistakes in judgement that evening and are in programs to help themselves. People can learn and grow, that is what our justice system is supposed to be based on, including innocent until found guilty. Unfortunately, humans have always had the thought process of guilty until proven not so guilty...as the stigma from the arrest always stays, unfortunately.

Ozzie shared that not me. Trevor was upset about Pang talking to Watson...which I still don’t understand today. I think he was just pissed about the game last night.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:32 pm

[gets on soapbox]

Ozzie shared that not me. Trevor was upset about Pang talking to Watson...which I still don’t understand today. I think he was just pissed about the game last night.
That’s a pretty bad mischaracterization. I clearly said I’m OK with him talking to him, (as you said, it’s his job). I just disagreed with the idea of Panger chumming it up with him. Big difference.

Sidebar on your last comment, anyone else way calmer during games this year? I still love watching but I don’t get anywhere near as mad when they lose or play like shit

Beatoni12 wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:08 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:32 pm

That’s a pretty bad mischaracterization. I clearly said I’m OK with him talking to him, (as you said, it’s his job). I just disagreed with the idea of Panger chumming it up with him. Big difference.

Sidebar on your last comment, anyone else way calmer during games this year? I still love watching but I don’t get anywhere near as mad when they lose or play like shit
I hear ya and as for being calm....I’ve been calm since I went to my “no expectations” from them every game last season ! Much more enjoyable experience for me for sure.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

Had to take a day or two before heading in here. Hate losing to NSH, not angry, just annoyed by everything NSH.

Would love to have a big body that could fight to not let Watson face-wash and other shenanigans on the ice.

Bobby B, what are you doing?

Hey Blues, stop thinking bad teams/slumping teams are easy wins.

Despite letting in 3, Binnington was the hardest working Blue out there, again.