Re: Blues trade Fabbri

Beatoni12 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:30 pm I’m sure he’ll produce a decent amount in Detroit because he’ll get a chance to play PP and top 6. He didn’t deserve that opportunity here based on his play, therefore he was never going to get that chance.
I don’t understand this line of thinking at all. If he’s going to produce when given a Top 6 role and PP time on a bad team, why wouldn’t you give him that opportunity when Tarasenko went down and he could play with even better players here. Why would he have to “earn” that opportunity if he delivers when given the chance? He wasn’t ever going to get that chance here, but hey that Sanford sure is tall. What a player.

MissouriMook wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:18 pm
Beatoni12 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:30 pm I’m sure he’ll produce a decent amount in Detroit because he’ll get a chance to play PP and top 6. He didn’t deserve that opportunity here based on his play, therefore he was never going to get that chance.
I don’t understand this line of thinking at all. If he’s going to produce when given a Top 6 role and PP time on a bad team, why wouldn’t you give him that opportunity when Tarasenko went down and he could play with even better players here. Why would he have to “earn” that opportunity if he delivers when given the chance? He wasn’t ever going to get that chance here, but hey that Sanford sure is tall. What a player.
Sorry, poorly worded on my end. I think he’s likely to produce some points, but not at a real top 6 level.

On last night, he scored two goals on two shots. No shots at all at 5 on 5. I wouldn’t worry too much about him just yet

barnburner wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:35 pm
UMSLBlues12 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:12 pm It’s going to suck if he does well with Detroit and we struggle for goals with 91 out
The thing is, he wasnt going to do anything here except take up space. Wish him well in Detroit, but his time here was overdue.
I tend to agree, but Berube never really gave him a shot on either of the top two lines. He was playing bottom-6 when he was here. I know he wanted to leave, but in hindsight it probably would have been worth it for Berube to give him a few games in a row with ROR and Perron, considering Sanford hasn’t been playing well.

He may not have earned that spot, totally agree. But I think it’s hard for us to say what Fabbri would have done with us in a top-6 role this year because he never got that chance this year.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:34 pm Im confused why some people think Fabbri wasn’t given an opportunity. He had all of training camp this year to earn a top 6 role and Sammy Blais ran circles around him. Sammy Blais.
Don’t want to belabor this, but while Blais had a better camp he certainly had a better camp than Sanford, who has not played well, and is somehow still slotting up on the left side of ROR. In hindsight it just might’ve been nice to give Fabbri a few games in a row in that spot, who knows what would have happened.

Obviously the Blues can score enough AND defend well enough to have a 6 game win streak and be #1 in the WC without Fabbri. So while Sanford may not be exciting, we are winning, and that's all that matters. Good for Fabs to have a big game, and hope he has success, but the Blues have and will continue to win without Fabbri.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

I personally hope like hell that Fabbri does well in Detroit and rebuilds his career. Poor guy went thru a lot of hardship, and while I think he blew off his first rehab, it’s kind of hard not to root for him after the second injury. Detroit is a much better situation for him to try and salvage his career and earn a nice contract. Once the Blues traded him, it doesn’t do us any good to root for him to fail. Maybe it makes some people feel better about the trade if he is a bust, but screw it, I hope he does well.

On another note, the “Robby Fabbri Watch” is officially on at “The Asylum”.......just one more reason to avoid that fucking shit hole.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:33 am I don't wish him any failure... I'm just saying that he didn't fit Berube's style of play. Berube wants his players to pound the opposition at every opportunity... Fabbri can't do that.
Turk...I totally agree with your comment. My comment was a general statement......not a response to yours.

bradleygt89 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:18 am Obviously the Blues can score enough AND defend well enough to have a 6 game win streak and be #1 in the WC without Fabbri. So while Sanford may not be exciting, we are winning, and that's all that matters. Good for Fabs to have a big game, and hope he has success, but the Blues have and will continue to win without Fabbri.
More importantly we can do it without Tarasenko too....hmmm.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Turk Sanderson wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:33 am I don't wish him any failure... I'm just saying that he didn't fit Berube's style of play. Berube wants his players to pound the opposition at every opportunity... Fabbri can't do that.
Sure...that's 100% correct. He might have had no value for Berube but even with all his injuries and slow start, he had value to quite a few teams out there. At the end of the day, we gave him away to do him a favor. I understand it from Army's perspective and I'm sure he was asking for draft picks but Detroit wanted to move salary in return as i'm sure any other interested teams did. I don't believe for a second the Blues had any real interest in De La Rose....Army was hoping to gain some cap space with that move. Fabbri will likely resign with the Red Wings next season.....De La Rose will be long gone from this team next October.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:33 am
barnburner wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:35 pm
UMSLBlues12 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:12 pm It’s going to suck if he does well with Detroit and we struggle for goals with 91 out
The thing is, he wasnt going to do anything here except take up space. Wish him well in Detroit, but his time here was overdue.
I tend to agree, but Berube never really gave him a shot on either of the top two lines. He was playing bottom-6 when he was here. I know he wanted to leave, but in hindsight it probably would have been worth it for Berube to give him a few games in a row with ROR and Perron, considering Sanford hasn’t been playing well.

He may not have earned that spot, totally agree. But I think it’s hard for us to say what Fabbri would have done with us in a top-6 role this year because he never got that chance this year.
Berube has this team put together in such a fashion that their success is a result of the sum of the whole, rather than individual success. Given an opportunity on the top two lines, Fabbri might have scored some goals, but his lack of size, and inconsistent defensive effort might have worked against Chief's overall structure. Remember when Chief put Perron in the pressbox for a few games last year? Berube gave him time to watch from the pressbox, then talked to him about what he needed to do to be an everyday player on this team. Perron took it to heart, and has been one of our best players ever since. I have to believe there must have been similar conversations between Chief and Fabbri but that's just my guess. Why did Perron get a second chance to prove himself on the ice, and Fabbri didn't?
I suspect the answer probably had something to do with attitude and/or performance in practice, but that's above my pay grade.

Lets not act like Fabbri was stuck on my LW with a hotdog on RW. A majority of his play has been with Bozak at center and either Steen/Sanford/Thomas on the wing. Not a top line but not tomato cans. And lets not forget, the first few games of this season, he was playing on the Blues top PP unit and that PP sucked.

The next person to question Craig Berube will feel my wrath :lol:
Just a Russian propaganda account

NHLTIM wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:59 am
bradleygt89 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:18 am Obviously the Blues can score enough AND defend well enough to have a 6 game win streak and be #1 in the WC without Fabbri. So while Sanford may not be exciting, we are winning, and that's all that matters. Good for Fabs to have a big game, and hope he has success, but the Blues have and will continue to win without Fabbri.
Let's not be silly; Tarasenko has scored 30+ goals and over 65 points every season he's played at least 70 games, and has turned into a responsible 2-way player. Fabbri has never scored more than the 18 in his first season, and ever since his rookie year has only scored 16 goals (including the two PP goals last night) in 93 games. That's not a good rate, especially when you break it down to after the injury when he has scored only 5 goals in 42 games...a pace of less than 10 per 82 game season.

I don't want this to be a tear down Fabbri thread; he was a strong player when he came in to the NHL and everyone loved his game. Everyone still roots for the kid from what I can see, but the injuries affected his overall game. I truly believe that if Berube thought Fabbri was an upgrade over Sanford that Fabs would be playing. I trust Berube's and DA's judgement that it was worth a wash on a trade salary cap and contract status wise to let Fabbri get a fresh start somewhere else and free up a roster spot. Not concerned about JLDR; if he stays as 13/14 forward what's the difference between him riding the box and Fabbri riding the box, other than now Fabbri has a chance on a team that is rebuilding and is willing to take a chance on him in a top 6 role knowing that Fabbri will often hurt them defensively. The Blues are in a 'win now' mode and need players who can sacrifice and have the toughness to play Berube's style of 'heavy and fast hockey'. Fabbri has the heart, but he doesn't have the physical toughness to play his style....remember this Fabbri shoulder separation injury from a soft check he delivered last season?

(I couldn't find the hit on video, but here is DA talking about it from the December 2018 game vs the 'yotes): https://www.nhl.com/blues/news/armstron ... -302565142

The kid has heart and skill, and maybe he'll thrive in a less defensive responsible system than Berube's. And that's good for him and good for the Blues if they either have in JLDR the type of player needs, or we can drop De la Rose down to SA and brink up someone else who can. I think this is a win win for all involved and should be a happy moment for all parts of both organizations.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:49 am
Let's not be silly; Tarasenko has scored 30+ goals and over 65 points every season he's played at least 70 games, and has turned into a responsible 2-way player. Fabbri has never scored more than the 18 in his first season, and ever since his rookie year has only scored 16 goals (including the two PP goals last night) in 93 games. That's not a good rate, especially when you break it down to after the injury when he has scored only 5 goals in 42 games...a pace of less than 10 per 82 game season.

I don't want this to be a tear down Fabbri thread; he was a strong player when he came in to the NHL and everyone loved his game. Everyone still roots for the kid from what I can see, but the injuries affected his overall game. I truly believe that if Berube thought Fabbri was an upgrade over Sanford that Fabs would be playing. I trust Berube's and DA's judgement that it was worth a wash on a trade salary cap and contract status wise to let Fabbri get a fresh start somewhere else and free up a roster spot. Not concerned about JLDR; if he stays as 13/14 forward what's the difference between him riding the box and Fabbri riding the box, other than now Fabbri has a chance on a team that is rebuilding and is willing to take a chance on him in a top 6 role knowing that Fabbri will often hurt them defensively. The Blues are in a 'win now' mode and need players who can sacrifice and have the toughness to play Berube's style of 'heavy and fast hockey'. Fabbri has the heart, but he doesn't have the physical toughness to play his style....remember this Fabbri shoulder separation injury from a soft check he delivered last season?

(I couldn't find the hit on video, but here is DA talking about it from the December 2018 game vs the 'yotes): https://www.nhl.com/blues/news/armstron ... -302565142

The kid has heart and skill, and maybe he'll thrive in a less defensive responsible system than Berube's. And that's good for him and good for the Blues if they either have in JLDR the type of player needs, or we can drop De la Rose down to SA and brink up someone else who can. I think this is a win win for all involved and should be a happy moment for all parts of both organizations.
It doesn't matter how much Tarasenko has scored nor does this have anything to do with Fabbri....bottom line....this team hasn't missed a beat without Tarasenko yet either. 7-1 or so without him.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:11 am
Sure...that's 100% correct. He might have had no value for Berube but even with all his injuries and slow start, he had value to quite a few teams out there. At the end of the day, we gave him away to do him a favor. I understand it from Army's perspective and I'm sure he was asking for draft picks but Detroit wanted to move salary in return as i'm sure any other interested teams did. I don't believe for a second the Blues had any real interest in De La Rose....Army was hoping to gain some cap space with that move. Fabbri will likely resign with the Red Wings next season.....De La Rose will be long gone from this team next October.
I don't buy that. Why didn't we just waive Fabbri then to clear up the cap space?

NHLTIM wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:37 pm
bradleygt89 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:49 am

It doesn't matter how much Tarasenko has scored nor does this have anything to do with Fabbri....bottom line....this team hasn't missed a beat without Tarasenko yet either. 7-1 or so without him.
We never missed a beat without Fabbri either. Good luck to him though.