Re: Blues trade Fabbri

39hurricane wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:52 pm
Ozzies09tc wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:50 pm
wiki wrote:
On March 19, 2019, de la Rose was sent to hospital with an accelerated heart beat. It was the second time during the season that he’d suffered such an episode. The previous event occurred during the 2018-19 NHL preseason while he was a member of the Montreal Canadiens. He was shut down for the remainder of the season following the second episode, and underwent a surgical procedure on his heart in April to correct the problem. He reported for training camp with the Red Wings in September 2019 - prepared to return to regular play.[2]
You know what causes a fast heart rate?

Cocaine.
Mountain Dew

barnburner wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:02 pm
Cotton McKnight wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:58 pm Whelp, hopefully Army has something up his sleeve with this one.
At worst, it's nothing for nothing. Fabbri couldn't even beat out Sanford for crying out loud. I was surprised that he even made the team this year.
Exactly. Love the Detroit fans who think Fabbri wasn't given a chance here.

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:40 pm My conspiracy theory take on this trade: Army intentionally acquired a player that will clear waivers for a player who wouldn’t have (in Fabbri) so that De La Rose can be sent down and Kostin called up.

Okay I’ll take off the tin foil hat now
I think the waiver flexibility was surely appealing to Armstong, no tin foil required.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:37 pm
UMSLBlues12 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:40 pm My conspiracy theory take on this trade: Army intentionally acquired a player that will clear waivers for a player who wouldn’t have (in Fabbri) so that De La Rose can be sent down and Kostin called up.

Okay I’ll take off the tin foil hat now
I think the waiver flexibility was surely appealing to Armstrong, no tin foil required.
I like this thought process. Let's see how De La Rose can do down in the A.

On a personal note, I'm really bummed about this trade. Fabbri became my favorite Blue during the playoff run in 2016. I have the Winter Classic jersey with his name on it (adding to the list of players I have jerseys of who later get traded). I was always hopeful he'd get back to his best with us. Such a shame those injuries really messed up his career.

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:44 am... Fabbri became my favorite Blue during the playoff run in 2016. I have the Winter Classic jersey with his name on it (adding to the list of players I have jerseys of who later get traded). ...
Don't let Mrs. JMC see this. In June, I finally convinced her to buy a Blues jersey with a player name & number on it (Stanly Cup version), after years of her refusing on the grounds of her purchase starting a chain of events that led to said player leaving the Blues to play elsewhere. Now she's watching the Blues' website daily for news of Petro leaving. :?

If Fabbri doens't work out in Detroit, then I predict Edmonton will be his last shot. But we'll see, he might get it going in Detroit, different team, different style of play, and they do have some great young talent on the way over there. There's 6 Number 1 picks on their AHL squad right now.

BillP. wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:24 am If Fabbri doens't work out in Detroit, then I predict Edmonton will be his last shot. But we'll see, he might get it going in Detroit, different team, different style of play, and they do have some great young talent on the way over there. There's 6 Number 1 picks on their AHL squad right now.
McDavid centering Rattie and Fabbri.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:12 am
BillP. wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:24 am If Fabbri doens't work out in Detroit, then I predict Edmonton will be his last shot. But we'll see, he might get it going in Detroit, different team, different style of play, and they do have some great young talent on the way over there. There's 6 Number 1 picks on their AHL squad right now.
McDavid centering Rattie and Fabbri.
Oh you mean Yuri McDavidov centering Rattie and Fabbri in the KHL.

I read, I think on StL online that Fabs had requested a trade from Army before the season started. Army said he would work on it "but to have patience." That may explain some of Fabs play this year. He knew he was on the way out and maybe wanted to accelerate it. Anyway I think it will be good for him. He will get a real shot with the Red Wings that he was not going to get here. A player at his age needs to play, not sit. If he can't back it up in Detroit I think his NHL days may be over.

BillP. wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:13 pm According to Southside Tony here at the office, he heard from his sources that Fabbri was doing coke. Just passing on info.
Thank goodness, it had been over 12 hours since the trade and nobody had started stirring up rumors about the player that got traded doing coke yet! Anybody hear anything about him being a dick to women or tearing up hotel rooms?

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:07 pm
BillP. wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:13 pm According to Southside Tony here at the office, he heard from his sources that Fabbri was doing coke. Just passing on info.
Thank goodness, it had been over 12 hours since the trade and nobody had started stirring up rumors about the player that got traded doing coke yet! Anybody hear anything about him being a dick to women or tearing up hotel rooms?
Southside Tony is right pretty much all the time.

BluesSK wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:22 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:07 pm
Southside Tony is right pretty much all the time.
Good for him, but that's not even the point.