Re: News and Games around the NHL

A fresh season hasn't changed the mind of Drew Doughty when it comes to his thoughts about Calgary Flames winger Matthew Tkachuk.

The Los Angeles Kings defender was asked about the status of his rivalry with the Flames' pest ahead of Tuesday's matchup, and he gave a blunt response.

"I think we both know who the better player is, so if he wants to compliment me first, I'll give him one back," Doughty said, per Kristen Anderson of the Calgary Sun.

Tkachuk was then asked if he respects Doughty and replied, "He's a good player and had a good career," according to Sportsnet's Eric Francis.

The two sides clash at 9:00 p.m. ET on Tuesday in Calgary.

BillP. wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:53 pm A fresh season hasn't changed the mind of Drew Doughty when it comes to his thoughts about Calgary Flames winger Matthew Tkachuk.

The Los Angeles Kings defender was asked about the status of his rivalry with the Flames' pest ahead of Tuesday's matchup, and he gave a blunt response.

"I think we both know who the better player is, so if he wants to compliment me first, I'll give him one back," Doughty said, per Kristen Anderson of the Calgary Sun.

Tkachuk was then asked if he respects Doughty and replied, "He's a good player and had a good career," according to Sportsnet's Eric Francis.

The two sides clash at 9:00 p.m. ET on Tuesday in Calgary.
"Had" nice subtle burn, love to see Doughty pout.

“With this action, we will undo the harmful legacy of basketball on our nation’s psyche, using unyielding exposure to the ways in which hockey aligns with the values of China, a dynasty not unlike that of the Boston Bruins. By the time our citizens board their trains back home, they will not remember that such a thing as the NBA ever existed. All they will know is the joy of a slapshot, the grace of a goalie, and the unlimited potential of the St. Louis Blues in the postseason.”

BluesSK wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:01 pm “With this action, we will undo the harmful legacy of basketball on our nation’s psyche, using unyielding exposure to the ways in which hockey aligns with the values of China, a dynasty not unlike that of the Boston Bruins. By the time our citizens board their trains back home, they will not remember that such a thing as the NBA ever existed. All they will know is the joy of a slapshot, the grace of a goalie, and the unlimited potential of the St. Louis Blues in the postseason.”

What happened between NBA and China?

BillP. wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:34 pm
BluesSK wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:01 pm “With this action, we will undo the harmful legacy of basketball on our nation’s psyche, using unyielding exposure to the ways in which hockey aligns with the values of China, a dynasty not unlike that of the Boston Bruins. By the time our citizens board their trains back home, they will not remember that such a thing as the NBA ever existed. All they will know is the joy of a slapshot, the grace of a goalie, and the unlimited potential of the St. Louis Blues in the postseason.”

An NBA GM made a tweet supporting Hong Kong and China freaked out.

BluesSK wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:29 pm

Thanks!

I saw Bill's question and thought, "boy that's a long story", but then read your answer and realized "ok, it's a short story."

Very reminiscent of a scene from the dreadfully underrated Norm MacDonald movie Dirty Work.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

39hurricane wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:41 pm
BillP. wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:15 pm Rope Hintz with his 4th goal of season already. I know he was a breakout candidate this year and it looks like he’s breaking out.
Speaking of Dallas, Bishop has looked not so good thus far.
I've got Bishop and Jones on my fantasy team. I think the Blues mentally destroyed both of them last year. Ugh.

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:30 am
BillP. wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:34 pmWhat happened between NBA and China?
I saw Bill's question and thought, "boy that's a long story", but then read your answer and realized "ok, it's a short story." ...
People from Western Canada are conditioned to be brief. If they talk too long, their mouths freeze open. :o

BillP. wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:15 pm Rope Hintz with his 4th goal of season already. I know he was a breakout candidate this year and it looks like he’s breaking out.
Hintz was one of my must haves at the draft and I had him ready to go quite a few times but always pulled the trigger on someone else. Eventually it just got to the point where I was like , well if somebody grabs Hintz before my next pick, I’ll just holdout for Victor Olofsson instead. Wish I would have taken Hintz for sure but definitely glad to have drafted Olofsson.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:56 am
Hintz was one of my must haves at the draft and I had him ready to go quite a few times but always pulled the trigger on someone else. Eventually it just got to the point where I was like , well if somebody grabs Hintz before my next pick, I’ll just holdout for Victor Olofsson instead. Wish I would have taken Hintz for sure but definitely glad to have drafted Olofsson.
Oh, I thought you had dropped Olofsson. I had it backwards. Good that you still got him because he's been scoring.

JMC-STL wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:43 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:30 am
I saw Bill's question and thought, "boy that's a long story", but then read your answer and realized "ok, it's a short story." ...
People from Western Canada are conditioned to be brief. If they talk too long, their mouths freeze open. :o
Fact check: True. 😄

BillP. wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:34 am
BluesSK wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:52 pm
BillP. wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:48 pm Kings dominate Flames in first period. 2-0 and outshot Calgary 19-3
Would I ever love to see Matthew Tkachuk as a Blue.
Just saw his 2nd goal tonight. Impressive as heck.
Impressive, but probably illegal. It looked like he played it initially above his shoulder, but I agree with the Kings' decision not to challenge it.