Re: How many Blues fans does it take?

Turk Sanderson wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:12 am
CaptSMRT wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:25 am Guns are so popular in America if you don't get shot in 30 mins or less you get your taxes back.
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
How many of these gun fanatics actually belong to "a well regulated militia"? ... and no, the NRA doesn't count as "a well regulated militia".
i served two tours with the Pony Express. Don't talk to me about Patriotism until you have delivered 1000 issues of Guns and Ammo on a tiny horse.

CaptSMRT wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:14 pm
Turk Sanderson wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:12 am
CaptSMRT wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:25 am Guns are so popular in America if you don't get shot in 30 mins or less you get your taxes back.
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
How many of these gun fanatics actually belong to "a well regulated militia"? ... and no, the NRA doesn't count as "a well regulated militia".
i served two tours with the Pony Express. Don't talk to me about Patriotism until you have delivered 1000 issues of Guns and Ammo on a tiny horse.
That poor tiny horse...

JMC-STL wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:19 pm
Turk Sanderson wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:14 pm
CaptSMRT wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:14 pmi served two tours with the Pony Express. Don't talk to me about Patriotism until you have delivered 1000 issues of Guns and Ammo on a tiny horse.
That poor tiny horse...
That horse wasn't so tiny; the Capn's sack is just grotesquely large. "Guns and Ammo" is simply a euphemism. His armory is full of wet powder.
TMI

JMC-STL wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:51 am Two gems in one set, I'm impressed. Must be some lunar conjunction with Uranus.
The heroin thing is out of control. I met two girls last night and their previous heroin use wasn't even the biggest red flag...one was from Rolla, which is like being from the Mecca of white trash, and the other one had a sick dog.

CaptSMRT wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:08 am
JMC-STL wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:51 amTwo gems in one set, I'm impressed. Must be some lunar conjunction with Uranus.
The heroin thing is out of control. I met two girls last night and their previous heroin use wasn't even the biggest red flag...one was from Rolla, which is like being from the Mecca of white trash, and the other one had a sick dog.
Heroin in Rolla? How will the meth industry ever survive?!

JMC-STL wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:39 am
CaptSMRT wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:08 am
JMC-STL wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:51 amTwo gems in one set, I'm impressed. Must be some lunar conjunction with Uranus.
Heroin in Rolla? How will the meth industry ever survive?!
Heroin is everywhere unfortunately...the business of addiction is good business. Look at the Sackler family...they profited billions and are buying their way out of trouble. There are people in jail now for the rest of their lives for street level dealing.

CaptSMRT wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:56 pmHeroin is everywhere unfortunately...the business of addiction is good business. Look at the Sackler family...they profited billions and are buying their way out of trouble. There are people in jail now for the rest of their lives for street level dealing.
So if you're so passionate about the capitalization & gentrification of the heroin trade in this country, why include it in your humor? Won't that contribute to the numbing of your audience to a very serious societal problem?

CaptSMRT wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:50 am Every conversation with a 3-4 year old is like a hostage negotiation, and their demands get more outlandish depending on how long it has been since their last nap. No, Tyler. You can't have a space shuttle in bed. Oh, Mom said yes. Okay...I'll get NASA on the phone.
Your material seems to be evolving into something more mainstream and more palatable to the general public.... not sure if it's by design or not, but it will probably sell better... who knows, maybe Mrs. JMC will let him come to one of your shows now.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:51 pmYour material seems to be evolving into something more mainstream and more palatable to the general public.... not sure if it's by design or not, but it will probably sell better... who knows, maybe Mrs. JMC will let him come to one of your shows now.
After BNF Suite Night 1.0, she made me promise to stay away from: "That fat guy with the odd shaped head, who lurked in the darker corners of the suite like a child molester with his pockets stuffed with cold cheese dip & stale tortilla chips." None of that has changed, even as the rest of his act might have matured.

JMC-STL wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:30 am
Turk Sanderson wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:51 pmYour material seems to be evolving into something more mainstream and more palatable to the general public.... not sure if it's by design or not, but it will probably sell better... who knows, maybe Mrs. JMC will let him come to one of your shows now.
After BNF Suite Night 1.0, she made me promise to stay away from: "That fat guy with the odd shaped head, who lurked in the darker corners of the suite like a child molester with his pockets stuffed with cold cheese dip & stale tortilla chips." None of that has changed, even as the rest of his act might have matured.
sorry about that. i didn't know you could see the chips.

I don't know what the fuck you are talking about. I lurked by the beer.

CaptSMRT wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:44 am
I don't know what the fuck you are talking about. I lurked by the beer.
Not for long, you didn't. T.C. had his trench coat pockets filled with cans of cheap AB InBev products a half-hour into the first gathering. That's why Mrs. JMC started drinking early for BNF Suite Night 2.0.

One of my long time hockey buddies left the game Sunday and went to the ER in severe pain....this is one of the toughest people I have ever met, so it had to be bad for him to go to the ER. He has spots on his liver, kidneys, and spine...and he is going in for surgery today for the one on his spine. I played hockey with him last week and he was fine. I've know Crab since he was 16 and this is a bit much for me. I know life is pretty much a roller coaster of loss, but this a 6G loop.

CaptSMRT wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:01 am... I know life is pretty much a roller coaster of loss, but this a 6G loop.
Get ready for more such somersaults as you age. You'll eventually get to the point that my Dearly Departed Father did, checking the local obits every morning to catch up on old friends. Only now, you'll have to subscribe to The Post-Displash on-line to learn whatever happened to the Crabs & other sea life of your underwater youth. Keep your chin up, Sponge Bob.

JMC-STL wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:43 am
CaptSMRT wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:01 am... I know life is pretty much a roller coaster of loss, but this a 6G loop.
Get ready for more such somersaults as you age. You'll eventually get to the point that my Dearly Departed Father did, checking the local obits every morning to catch up on old friends. Only now, you'll have to subscribe to The Post-Displash on-line to learn whatever happened to the Crabs & other sea life of your underwater youth. Keep your chin up, Sponge Bob.
Make sure that you have your ticket in hand... the train can come for you anytime.