FTP: RND 1 GM 2: Wild @ Blues 4-18-2015

All of this Wild stuff and more can be found here.

In case something more needs to be said by me, it will of course be this color.

Let's not waste any more time..........

===================================================

PREGAME COMMENTS:

Gotta think the Blues come out firing in the 1st. I think if we make it out of the 1st tied or ahead, we've got a great shot of leaving up 2-0.

A win on my birthday would be nice! Go Wild!!

Please go up 2-0. I want to see how rowdy the X can get with a chance to go up 3-0.

Wild need to come out and get a goal in the first 5 minutes. Getting up early would create a hostile environment from blues fans and could turn the whole building against them.

7-1 Wild. Dubnyk hattrick. #boldpredictions

Get up early and the crowd will turn........be best if stewie could pot the 1st one) muahahaha

We really need to be ready for the Blues to come out hot today. If we can withstand their initial pressure and sneak in an early lead, I like our chances of going back to St. Paul up 2-0.

This one will be a lot tougher. They need to be prepared for a very physical, and chippy, game.

If they are 2-0 at home and don't come out like a pack of chainsaws. ....there's a problem

As much as we need to keep our cool today if the blues wanna rough it up.....i wouldn't mind stewart beating some.........pillows as he gets ready for a nap?

This is the first major turning point of the series, if 2-0 is secured.....
I can't think about that, I need to stay realistic/negative like a Minnesotan should be.
Blues will come out rough, let's hope the crews do their job.

As much I would like to see 2-0 lead.. it'll be more probably 1-1 after this one. Which is not bad result against very strong team.
Nevertheless, hoping for the best!

2-0 lead seems too good to be true.
#minnesotasportslogic

What is this loser mentality? We kicked their ass once, we can do it again. It doesn't matter who owns the building. Then we go home and show 'em the beautiful golf courses, which they'll have plenty of time to learn.
Go Wild!

So... can we see our game please? Or start a dang game on time?

NBC and NBCSN both showing TB vs DET for me. Anyone having this problem?

Reaves is starting with Backes and Oshie. Oh boy. Here we go.

Typical Minnesota sports panic setting in lol

Well, in the meantime, I guess go Wings?

Here we go!!!!!

This "bug going around" thing is really troubling. Hard to believe that only Kuemper, Fontaine and Bergy will be affected. Wonder how many of our guys playing today are at less than 100%?

Reaves with Oshie and Backes, stay classy Hitchcock.

FIRST PERIOD COMMENTS:

Get an early goal again to take the crowd out of it.
They are buzzing right now, but I have a feeling they'll turn on the Blues quick if we score.

Ooooh, Parise.
Nice play to intercept that.

Could this be any more of a love fest - NBC gushing over St. Louis?
Bias indeed. NBC showing their stuff.

Leopold. Great job to regain control and get it out of the zone.
Been real happy with his play since we've acquired him.

Wow, nice work by Coyle there. He shows up in the playoffs.

Okay, this is even more physical than game 1. Our compete level looks good though, and we've had a couple of nice chances by Parise and Spurgeon. No goal... yet.

Still no SOG for Tarasenko in the series. He almost got one that time. Wait for it.....wait for it......

Just need to weather the storm. Nice to see Ott being Ott today. Will probably try to take Zucker out. Hopefully Dubs hangs in there and nobody gets hurt.

Well, there is obviously a very clear game plan here, they're trying to bully us after the whistle.
I'm not saying they're being dirty, but they're trying to push us around.
I have a feeling they'll get frustrated soon if we show that it's not going to affect us.
If I was a Wild player, I would not retaliate AT ALL. I would just stand there taking it, smiling and laughing.

What is that blue Wild jersey behind the bench for/from?

Just get the next goal. They're trying to push and hit everything. We need to to stick to OUR game.....not retaliate.

Please let Zucker's hand be ok.

did half of zucker's thumb fall off

Blues aren't even fighting for the puck in some instances....just the player.
Damnit. ....these board ads are annoying!

Really entertaining game so far. Our D has been really aggressive.

Jesus this game is intense. Man I love playoff hockey.

Crap, Zucker's thumb looks, well, not OK. I'm no doctor, but that had to hurt.

Like someone said, our breakout looks great so far. Have to give Head Coach Mike Yawn major props on slicing the Blues structure open.

Tarasenko of course.

Dangit.. Come on Wild.. We can get that one back!

Brodin just wasn't ready for Tarasenko. Gotta watch him more closely.

blues clearly the better team so far...come on wilds !

Well, not much Dubs can do about that.

Just hold the fort and calm down. Don't allow another one and get to intermission.

Vanek suckage

Vanek with no good decisions this time.

Brodin is having trouble tonight. Blues are really heavy on him. Probably their tactics to target our non-physical D.

NBC reaaaally likes talking about the Blues' physical play don't they?

PLEASE. Hardly a ****ing penalty.

Home cooking

What the ****, Goc makes a hit 2 seconds late and Dumba gets the box for a clean hit?

This is what I expected game 1 to look like.

WATCH ****ING TARSENKO
THIS IS NOT THAT COMPLICATED
jesus

of all the hits and THAT's the first penalty.... and pp goal lol
what a joke

Tough game it's gonna be tonight. Blues have been physical but they haven't been that good.

I'm still quite sure that Tarasenko will break this series.

well this one's over

Wow, bad, bad goal by Dubs.

Brb, setting my laptop on fire.

Alright. I see what you're doing there. It's a Tarasenko kind of night. Sigh.

We're not done.

We forgot how to play offense

I hate these bruisers.

So, we're getting screwed. If they are not gonna call anything (high stick on Stewart, numerous inteferences, numerous roughs & boardings), and call any time we retaliate, of course we are going to lose. It's not about better team, it's about how far you're allowed to bend the rules.

41 minutes of hockey left.

Game over.

Well, refs are going to let this game go to **** and the Blues are definitely taking advantage of it with that otherwise useless 4th line.
I'm punching out. Hopefully something better happens Monday. Enjoy your goon team, NHL. :/

Chill. They will make some mistakes. We're a third period team anyway.

Why are Wild forgetting where Tarasenko is on the ice?

They only talk about Tarasenko in their broadcasts. Starting to get annoying.

Honestly though, Tarasenko is the kind of player you just can't hate. Absolutely electric offensive talent. Now, Backes and the rest of the Blues team...

can't be content with a split in these first two games. regroup during the intermission and get ready to bring it.

we're getting dominated

What the ****, on that shift alone they missed a board on Koivu, a trip on Zucker and that blatant two-handed shot to the face near the end.
This is pointless. Some cheese with that whine?

Alright. Well, you knew St Louis was going to come out and be better today. They hit us with their best shot right there.
Now go regroup, and let's get back to our game.
Still a long ways to go, boys!

Word to the wise, stay out of the box. Remember, they ALWAYS put the retaliator in the box. The Blues know this. They hit you, throw you off your game, and wait for you to throw a punch back because the refs will bust ya. Don't fall for this !&%@!

Today is all gravy, gents. We've already done our job. You can't expect to go take 2 games on the road in the playoffs. Coming back 1-1 is not bad at all.
That said.... Let's come out and tie this game up, and make this series 2-0

So, it looks like we were prepared for the Blues to come out strong, but we didn't respond well after the first Blues goal. We need to catch them breathing easy in the 2nd period and come out harder. We show weakness and the Blues are going to go for the kill, and this game is going to spiral out of our control.
Also, anybody else hate these announcers? I find them to be incredibly annoying so far.

SECOND PERIOD COMMENTS:

Nice work to start the period.

Passes don't look nearly as crisp though. Kind of like they are panicking and forcing it.

Just get the next goal.

When did Jori Lehterä become this good? Really crafty and creative in the offensive zone. Scary.

Oh yeah..we are definitely not sharp with the puck.

Yeah, our passing and puck handling need to be a lot better if we want to sustain some pressure.

Plenty of time, plenty of time. Allen hasn't actually made any mistakes but he looks kind of shaky and unbalanced at times.

Hahahaha Steen patting Zucker's head.

Announcers praising Ott for trying to troll Zucker after the whistle...

Our RED HOT PP gets a chance to get us back in the game.

That's an interesting call...

should have been a no call

That works. Not a great call, but neither was the Duma so called interference.

DAMMIT WHY COULDN'T THAT JUST GO IN

This is how you waste a PP...

Worst powerplay of the year right there.

Well, I'd say we've been the better team this period, but we need to kill this penalty to not let this game slip away

Wild haven't found any rhythm. They're only battling. With the opponent and with the puck.
In other words, this games as Blues have planned it to go.

Quite late, but will Tarasenko be the next Iginla in terms of Wild killers. It feels like he always scores against us?

Spurgeon interference in front of the net.
So, they're calling them now indeed. Good to see, but I want to see if it was a scramble or if they just called him for the heck of it.

I'd say that, overall, we've been the better team tonight. Just because they have two more or less lucky goals doesn't mean they've been better.

That was an NHL 15 goalie interference.

Don't agree with that call.

****ing joke. They miss a goalie interference that led to the last PK we had, then they call that? Bogus.

Wow, what a flop by Allen. What bull****

Pushed into the goalie...gets the penalty...

I can almost understand that they miss some or a lot of calls. But there's no reason to make up any calls. But they've done also that a lot. Frustrating.

Why can't they score????? Just one, for starters.. please

Dubnyk doesn't take your **** Ott.

What I would do for the Wild to have a Tarasenko-like player.

If nothing else, please don't give up a hatty to ****ing Tarasenko.

letting the blues skate all over us.

LOL Brian Engblom says "I'm glad the referees are kinda letting this go a bit".
What game are you watching?

Alright, 20 minutes, and we just need 2 goals to send 'er into OT!
The 3rd has been our best period. Still think we have a chance.
The game is not over, boys!

Back and forth game...we're starting to get chances...we'll break through in the third!

Rough game for the officials. I've seen 10+ blatant penalties for both sides, yet all 4 of the calls they have actually made have been wrong.

THIRD PERIOD COMMENTS:

These STL boards are really trying to help us out today. Haha

Booooyahhhh SCANDY

Marco!!! That a way!!! Alright!!

Wow, that was lucky.

That was a Johan Santana change-up!

yesyeyysyeseysesyeseyys!!!!!!
broken stick and luckkkk!!!!! esyysyesye

Reaves skating in after the whistle. When are the refs going to figure out he's not there to play hockey?

We're looking good right now.
Tie this ***** up!

Getting so many more chances now. Allen's been sharp.

SICK pass by Suter. Loving our energy right now. Let's ****ing go!!! Sink those ****ing Blues!

Drop the puck ref. The game isn't about you.

Blues dumping it a lot and playing on their heels. Now is the time to strike!

How the actual **** did that not go in....

what the **** are you serious!!!!

That would've been sick if Coyle finished there. Damn crossbar.

Why lord!?

A game of inches, boys...

Need more whisky.

OH **** THIS ****
**** THIS **** I'M TEARING MY HAIR OUT
COYLE SO CLOSE AND ARGHHGFHGFJGHFJGFHGJFHGF

For ****s sake....

Vanek is killing that line right now

How in the actual **** is that not a penalty...........
JFC.

Slash, slash, no call.

That's a ****ing penalty! ****ing zebras tonight are straight up horrible. **** off!

Seriously...why don't we get to buy the refs?

Blues are lifeless after two strong periods. Would be a great opportunity to give first a good bunch and then a knockout.

should have been penalty for lehtera breaking a stick

Yeah Vanek looks like someone slipped valium in his sports drink. Wake the **** up!

Blues have been too close to letting one in. We need to keep this pressure up.

Vanek is so ****ing frustrating. Thomas Vanish.

You know I don't think anyone expected us to go up 2-0 in this series, but if we lose and it ties, I think everyone will be more pissed at HOW it got tied, rather than the fact that they did tie it.

For ****s sake.

Game. Head back home and get ready for #3.

Series is over.

Spurgeon needed to be on Berglund tighter there

That's it. They had luck, we hadn't. End of story. To the next one.

That's it. What a frustrating game.

4th line on the ice with 2 minutes left game???? Really Yeo?

Haha Dubnyk with a **** off save before he is pulled

Meh, Allen was the difference...

eally frustrating, blues got away with their **** all night, players sick, BS pp goal, tons of close calls with the puck an inch from going in, etc
good to steal a game tho

Well get ready for game three guys. Going to get them back then. What an exciting game though. Gotta love a good playoff series.

Not sure that I'd be crediting Allen for everything in that highlight reel...

Positives: Blues gave their everything, refs let em play, at the start we got a physically dominated and folded a bit but didn't break, their 2nd goal was soft (won't happen again), our 3rd period was good. Keep it up and we're good in this series.

**** Tarasenko

Wild are not gonna sweep the Blues. Overall, two strong games and leave St. Louis tied 1-1. Not worried at all.

The 3rd period is very encouraging. We had them on their heels big time.

Eh. We had a great 3rd period. Allen got lucky on a few shots. Dumba has been very good for us.

That was the ugliest hattrick in the history of hockey.

At least the Wild split the series on the road. Back to St. Paul to regroup.

Yeah, if you would have told me before this series that we'd heading home tied 1-1, I'd have been okay with that.

POST GAME COMMENTS:

Well, ****. At least we won 1 on the road, and can't say we played bad in game 2 either. All those missed calls, and couple of bounces that should've gone in.
Oh well.

Remember that game as the last game St. Louis fans are happy.

St. Louis played well today, but even they have to admit the luck fell in their favor more than us. Not trying to take anything away from them, but they are still a beatable team.

not worried, blues were lucky. i'll bet we wont see another tarasenko goal a while

We are winning both games at home. If a couple of bounces would have gone our way today, we'd be up 2-0 in the series.

I seriously feel pretty good about our chances in this series after that game.
I have a feeling that was the Blues' best shot. And we were a centimeter away from a tie game in the 3rd period.

There is a general thread for comments that are not made during the game here. Both pre and post game comments for the entire series.

===========================================================

There seems to be a lot of unhappiness directed at the officiating team that worked this particular game.

See ya next time.
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!

Re: FTP: RND 1 GM 2: Wild @ Blues 4-18-2015

Wow, Wild fans must be big, big fans of touch football. Big boy playoff hockey, it seems, is just a little too rough for them. And they seem a pretty cocky bunch for a fan base of a team that has literally won nothing in their history, and sucked this season until they went out and got a goalie. I think the glass slipper is about to fall off of Dubnyk's foot, and I feel pretty good about coming back from St. Paul with a couple of Ws. I think it will do our boys a world of good to get back out on the road and do a little playoff bonding.

Re: FTP: RND 1 GM 2: Wild @ Blues 4-18-2015

CaptSMRT wrote:After a whole season of FTP's...these guys don't seem too different than us...other than....#THEYSUCK!!!

Ha...seriously...how bad is your world when Chris Stewart is a welcome addition....oh wait...I remember...bad.
Have you already forgotten those couple of nice backhand goals he scored while he was here? Sheesh, what does a guy have to do to make you happy? Look like you're giving 100% effort EVERY game? If perfection is all you expect you might as well become a Cubs fan.
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!