Re: Any smokers on here?

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:LOL..based on the garbage some people eat I bet some diets are WORSE than smoking! Ribs, steak, brisket, chops, bacon, hot dogs smothered in goo, triple decker burgers, etc. etc.! I just described what they serve at Busch Stadium! :lol:

UMSL12 if you think eating that garbage and NOT smoking is healthier than being a smoker with a relatively healthy diet and weight then you're WRONG!

Lifestyle is the most
important factor. My grandfather smoked from 13 to 87 yet NEVER had lung problems. His weight was perfect, he was active, and he was 99% vegetarian! He would put your BS studies to shame!

Also Jeanne Calment is the oldest woman EVER at 122 and she only stopped smoking at 119 because she could no longer light the cigarette! :lol:
You are correct that lifestyle in addition to genetics play a huge role in determining the disease processes we are at increased risk for developing. However, research has shown over and over again even light smoking increases your risk for cardiovascular disease, congestive heart failure, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease to include emphysema, stroke, and cancer just to name a few. Picking a few outliers to support your argument flawed at best. For every example you give there are thousands of people who have died young do smoking and complications related to smoking.

It's always amusing listening to the arguments smokers give as to why it's ok to smoke.

It's also amusing seeing someone who's online persona is about demanding proof of something using info that has no actual proof to it as "proof" that smoking is ok.

The proof is smoking is not a be all end all. Explain how the longest person who EVER lived smoked till she was 119? My grandfather lived till almost 90 and smoked since he was 13.

You realize you can be an unhealthy obese slob who NEVER smokes but still die of a heart attack or stroke at 50?

I have doctors in my family and I know for a FACT that longevity is based on a complex set of factors including genes, lifestyle, diet, BMI, environment, activity, etc.

There are people who eat meatball sandwiches who have grandfathers who ate meatball sandwiches every day and lived to 90. I know a whiskey drinker who has a grandfather who lived till 90 because he drank whiskey every day.

We are all dead already...enjoy it.

30,000 people die every year from falling. In 2013 accidents killed more people than strokes. Cancer and heart disease killed less than 1% of the population. "The American Cancer Society estimates 136,830 people will be diagnosed in 2014"...better leap out of the way of that freight train. The rate of death in the United States is 821 per 100k...or 0.00821%

Fish is good for you....but our oceans are poisoned with Mercury. Vegetables are good for you...but the fields are loaded with pesticides...Organics are better for you(sic)...but they are fertilized with cow manure brimming with e-coli.

I knew an old lady who swallowed a fly...