Re: Jarrett Stoll's Off-season Training Program!

He in UFA, so I'm guessing the Kings will wash their hands of him. Probably going to be tough for him to get a new contract, actually. Nice player, but at his age, he is a "dime a dozen" kind of guy in my mind. I think the Kings will have to retool in the off-season............how about David Backes, Oshie, and Berglund to LA for Drew Doughty??? (just a joke)

Matangama wrote:He in UFA, so I'm guessing the Kings will wash their hands of him. Probably going to be tough for him to get a new contract, actually. Nice player, but at his age, he is a "dime a dozen" kind of guy in my mind. I think the Kings will have to retool in the off-season............how about David Backes, Oshie, and Berglund to LA for Drew Doughty??? (just a joke)
If our boys don't win today, I think it's time to start discussing some trade possibilities for sure.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Totally agree, Tim.

I think we win today and am still confident we win the series, but if not, life goes on. But those three guys I mentioned are all probably gone if we wash out in Round 1 and I wouldn't care at all.....as long as Army (or whoever the GM is) gets good value for them. Make Schwartz the captain, bring in Fabbri, maybe Barbashev, and get some good young talent for Backes and Oshie and we should still be a very competitive team. Again, a discussion for another day and one I hope we don't even have, but if they lose, it's time for new blood, no doubt about it.

NHLTIM wrote:
Matangama wrote:He in UFA, so I'm guessing the Kings will wash their hands of him. Probably going to be tough for him to get a new contract, actually. Nice player, but at his age, he is a "dime a dozen" kind of guy in my mind. I think the Kings will have to retool in the off-season............how about David Backes, Oshie, and Berglund to LA for Drew Doughty??? (just a joke)
If our boys don't win today, I think it's time to start discussing some trade possibilities for sure.
I have to agree. At some point you have to wonder why the same players continue to have a problem taking the ice ready to play hard from the beginning. After 2 first round eliminations in a row, what does it take to get motivated?

Yeah, I don't get it, barnburner. I can't even blame Hitchcock (although I'm certainly not defending him). The players should be like caged animals by the time the puck drops in that first game of the playoffs. Nobody should have to motivate them or give them a pep talk. You see that "next level" in pretty much every other team in the playoffs, yet our guys come out flat. What the fuck? I think we'll see a totally different team today, but if not, the "old core" gets a one way ticket out of town.

BluesSK wrote:
barnburner wrote:As I started in another post, it looks like some of the Kings have become fat cats, who have lost that 110% dedication to winning the cup.
It will be interesting to see how the Kings and the Nhl deal with him.
And yet many Kings fans are calling for Sutter to be fired. :shock:
As I've said many times, fans often take themselves far too seriously. Sutter leads the Kings to two cups, and they want to fire him. What three cup winning coach are they going to replace him with?
Idiots.

If you guys think drugs are some anomaly in the NHL, then you need to wake up. I know a guy who dated a Johnny's waitress and he said Oshie was in their daily coozing up the whoretresses and doing blow with them. Does anyone remember 1998 when all the NHL players were worried about getting busted in the Olympics for eating Sudafed?

I'd me more worried about a guy with Oxy....because he is probably going to die.

Matangama wrote:Totally agree, Tim.

I think we win today and am still confident we win the series, but if not, life goes on. But those three guys I mentioned are all probably gone if we wash out in Round 1 and I wouldn't care at all.....as long as Army (or whoever the GM is) gets good value for them. Make Schwartz the captain, bring in Fabbri, maybe Barbashev, and get some good young talent for Backes and Oshie and we should still be a very competitive team. Again, a discussion for another day and one I hope we don't even have, but if they lose, it's time for new blood, no doubt about it.
IF the Blues lay another first round egg, I'd love to see what type of quality young talent we could get from Edmonton for some of our seasoned vets. Backes, Oshie, Pie, Berglund and Gunnerson for their 2015 first and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. Too much? Not enough? (I'm not very good at this trade stuff) I bet McDavid would be all in favor of that.

In case you can't tell, if the Blues do go through a rebuild, I say don't pussy foot around. Don't just throw a coat of fresh paint on a dilapidated building, tear it down and start over. New paint doesn't improve the structure but a new foundation is something that you can build on.

I have been a big fan of the Blues since about 1990 and I've lived through most of the 25 year run of making the playoffs only to make the Conference Finals twice. I don't want to get used to just making the playoffs. I want playoff runs and if that means a year or two of no playoffs, then so be it.

Flame away if you feel it's justified. Just remember this post started off with a big if.....
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!

1226, that was a "big IF"! Hey, no flaming......if we lose in Round 1, anything goes, as far as I'm concerned. You see what the options are. Tank, Schwartz, Fabbri, Allen, and probably Petro (he has played way better of late), become the only untouchables. Go out and take offers for everything else. Nobody says you have to make a bad trade (Gilmour, Pronger, etc....), but see what different guys will bring. Edmonton might be a perfect team to start with.