Re: 2019-2020 St. Louis Blues

BluesSK wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:34 pm
usmcaaron wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:17 pm

And verified from Russia...

Why are they low-balling him so bad? Sanford signed for $1.5M and Barbashev is a better player.

If I was Barbashev, I would not sign for $1.3. That's an insult.
Blues should give him $1.75 and call it a day. He’s worth that right now for sure and I bet he’d take it

Man, Barbashev only offered 1.3M? Army must really view him as expendable. I’d hate to cut the cord with Barbashev now after a strong post season and a 10 goal regular season. There might be some more improvement out of him in the near future. Based on what SunnyD and Sanford got, Barbashev’s asking price is very fair. Looks like he’s KHL bound after all.

BillP. wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:59 pm Man, Barbashev only offered 1.3M? Army must really view him as expendable. I’d hate to cut the cord with Barbashev now after a strong post season and a 10 goal regular season. There might be some more improvement out of him in the near future. Based on what SunnyD and Sanford got, Barbashev’s asking price is very fair. Looks like he’s KHL bound after all.
Nah... same as Sobotka only with less leverage... he's not even arbitration eligible at this stage of his career... sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear eats you. Next go around, he'll be in a better situation... right now he's just fucked. If he goes to the KHL, it won't change his position as far as his NHL status is concerned,...he'll still be fucked when he comes back..... and they always come back.

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:21 pm
BluesSK wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:34 pm

Why are they low-balling him so bad? Sanford signed for $1.5M and Barbashev is a better player.

If I was Barbashev, I would not sign for $1.3. That's an insult.
Blues should give him $1.75 and call it a day. He’s worth that right now for sure and I bet he’d take it
I agree. That was the exact figure I was thinking.

Sobotka walked away for more money than that. He overvalued himself. I don't think Barbashev is compared to some of the contracts on this team.

RAFritchey wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:25 pm

According to Capfriendly.com, we've only got $1,970,406 in projected cap space left, though I think that includes Pouliot and MacMac at this point, too.
You are correct, it does include Pouliot ($700,00) and MacMac ($750,000). So, if you drop those two, cap space should go from $1,970,406 to $3,420,406. So, even at $2M AAV, it still leaves just over $1.42M of cap space. At $1.75M that leaves $1.67M in cap space. I think it can get done. I just hope it actually does get done.
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:17 pm Reading a JR article in the Athletic about prospects. Sounds like Erik Foley (acquired in the Stastny trade) is still having concussion issues. He won’t be cleared to play at the start of training camp, and the Blues are just hopefully he gets quality of life back. Sounds like a decent chance he never plays again. Just terrible for the kid. Really hope he turns a corner.
Yeah that's just awful. You never know with concussions.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

I was mad at sobotka for thinking he deserved more money and was mad at army for re-signing him.

now barbie deserves the small raise he is asking for and army is being a dick

Army, we all understand you suck at contracts. I've been one of your biggest haters for your shit contracts you LOVE to hand out to essential nobodies. I can easily say, paying Barbie the 1.5 he is asking for as opposed to the 1.3 you are (disrespectfully) offering would be one of the BETTER contracts you sign.
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

Ozzies09tc wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:52 pm I was mad at sobotka for thinking he deserved more money and was mad at army for re-signing him.

Army, we all understand you suck at contracts. I've been one of your biggest haters for your shit contracts you LOVE to hand out to essential nobodies. I can easily say, paying Barbie the 1.5 he is asking for as opposed to the 1.3 you are (disrespectfully) offering would be one of the BETTER contracts you sign.
I think Barbs is asking 2.m which is still reasonable considering the contracts Sunny and Sanford got.

BillP. wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:42 pm
Ozzies09tc wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:52 pm I was mad at sobotka for thinking he deserved more money and was mad at army for re-signing him.

I think Barbs is asking 2.m which is still reasonable considering the contracts Sunny and Sanford got.
Hmm....2 mil is a bit much.....Army will probably throw on an NTC to make it worth his while...
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

Ozzies09tc wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:05 pm
BillP. wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:42 pm

Hmm....2 mil is a bit much.....Army will probably throw on an NTC to make it worth his while...
IIRC, players with any movement restrictions in their contracts MUST be protected in the upcoming expansion draft, though. I don't know that we like Barbashev THAT much.

This is just dumb now. I like Barbs. He plays the 4th line center very well. 14 g and 12 a last year and I really believe he can improve those numbers. Maybe close to 20 / 20.

Just give him 1.875 and get it over with. There is room in the cap when you send Mac and Pouliot back down to the minors.

Get Er Done Learrrryyyyyyyy!!!!!!!

NHL Fantasy has Binnington’s projected win total at 34.

What do you think? Higher or lower

They have the Blues projected team win’s at 45.

If Allen gets 30 starts, and Binnington still gets 34 wins, the Blues will get the number 1 seed in the West.

If I had to bet, I would take the under on 34 for Binnington. I think Allen will get his fair share of starts too.

BillP. wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:31 am NHL Fantasy has Binnington’s projected win total at 34.

What do you think? Higher or lower

They have the Blues projected team win’s at 45.

If Allen gets 30 starts, and Binnington still gets 34 wins, the Blues will get the number 1 seed in the West.

If I had to bet, I would take the under on 34 for Binnington. I think Allen will get his fair share of starts too.
I think you're right Bill. I'd take the under too, but not by much hopefully. Last year only one goalie had 35+ wins with less than 60 starts, and that was Vasilevsky. The Blues will be good next year, but not a historic regular season juggernaut like Tampa. If Allen can play steady enough to make 30ish stars while Binnington takes the rest we should be in great shape.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:37 pm Take it for what it's worth as it was a convo between two drunk people in a bar, but apparently Barbs wife does not like living in St Louis and he isn't a big fan either. This is probably leading to a lot of the KHL talk.
See ya Barbs....go enjoy the KHL and some of that great Borscht, Potato Okroshka and Pelmeni.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:16 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:37 pm Take it for what it's worth as it was a convo between two drunk people in a bar, but apparently Barbs wife does not like living in St Louis and he isn't a big fan either. This is probably leading to a lot of the KHL talk.
See ya Barbs....go enjoy the KHL and some of that great Borscht, Potato Okroshka and Pelmeni.
And the fine airlines available to potentially eliminate teams, one st a time. Live in St. Louis or die in Russia. Big decision. Make it a good one.
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!

Who knows as most of us only have the camera lens to judge on, but Barbs never seemed to display that attitude from what we saw throughout the season and the SC after party/parade. It could be possible, but if that was the case, I'd imagine he'd have already signed with the KHL and not still in discussion with the Blues at this point. But hey, it's easy for some fans to just say 'fuck off' to a player who isn't from NA...those damn foreigners and all :roll:
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:13 am
Who knows as most of us only have the camera lens to judge on, but Barbs never seemed to display that attitude from what we saw throughout the season and the SC after party/parade. It could be possible, but if that was the case, I'd imagine he'd have already signed with the KHL and not still in discussion with the Blues at this point. But hey, it's easy for some fans to just say 'fuck off' to a player who isn't from NA...those damn foreigners and all :roll:
Lol.....I’d say the same thing about a North American player too if he decided to go play in Europe because of contract issues. If that’s what’s best for the player then so be it....enjoy your time abroad....I just won’t be paying attention to your season.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Well, a kid who works here was at Dick's Sporting Goods shortly after the Blues won the Cup and he said he ran into Barbashev and he said Barbashev said he most likely won't be back. And he had told me that like the next day. The way the script is going it appears the kid is telling the truth.

BillP. wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:19 pm
Well, a kid who works here was at Dick's Sporting Goods shortly after the Blues won the Cup and he said he ran into Barbashev and he said Barbashev said he most likely won't be back. And he had told me that like the next day. The way the script is going it appears the kid is telling the truth.
He has zero leverage...zero... except to go to the KHL or Sweden or some other inferior league. If he ever wants to play in the NHL again , he'll do it on Army's terms... now or later.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:03 pm
BillP. wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:19 pm
He has zero leverage...zero... except to go to the KHL or Sweden or some other inferior league. If he ever wants to play in the NHL again , he'll do it on Army's terms... now or later.
Yeah, in the case of Sobotka he owed us one more year at a time when he mistakenly believed he would be a UFA. In Barbashev's case, I'm pretty sure he owes us four more year of restricted free agency if he leaves, regardless of when he would return. I don't think you can run the clock out on that just because you decide to play somewhere else for a while.

MissouriMook wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:58 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:17 pm I really hope Kostin comes to camp ready and performs at a level to make this team.

I like him as a physical 3rd line winger. Slide into Maroon’s spot.
Why not just trade for Matthew Tkachuk? Both have about the same likelihood of happening.
I am not sure what is so unrealistic about this, but I am looking forward to throwing this in your face like a good ole whip cream pie
Just a Russian propaganda account