Re: St. Louis Blues 2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champions!!!!!!!!!!

Still can’t believe the media here never revisited that Summer tournament last year in the Bio Steel camp where Tyler Seguin shocked everyone and made Jordan Binnington his number 1 pick. Talk about a precursor for what was to come.

The Dallas series would of been the perfect time to do a story on it and talk to both Seguin and Binner about it. As well as ROR cause he was on Seguins team too. Just shows you how astute the media here in STL really is. Especially the hockey coverage.

Thanks for sharing; I've been watching full games from this past season (i think I posted about this before I recently lost my mind ;)), and it has been fun: so far watched the Dec 14th OTW vs the Avs, and the Dec 22nd (IIRC) game vs the Flames. Those two games were good glimpses of what was to come. Next up is JB50's first start vs the Flyers, then the comeback win vs the Panthers, and then the 1-0 OT shutout vs the Lightning here in TB.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:32 am Thanks for sharing; I've been watching full games from this past season (i think I posted about this before I recently lost my mind ;)), and it has been fun: so far watched the Dec 14th OTW vs the Avs, and the Dec 22nd (IIRC) game vs the Flames. Those two games were good glimpses of what was to come. Next up is JB50's first start vs the Flyers, then the comeback win vs the Panthers, and then the 1-0 OT shutout vs the Lightning here in TB.
They were 1-0 last year in road games where you and I were both there. They should schedule a road series every year for you and me just like they do with the dads. Guaranteed winners.

MissouriMook wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:24 am
bradleygt89 wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:32 am Thanks for sharing; I've been watching full games from this past season (i think I posted about this before I recently lost my mind ;)), and it has been fun: so far watched the Dec 14th OTW vs the Avs, and the Dec 22nd (IIRC) game vs the Flames. Those two games were good glimpses of what was to come. Next up is JB50's first start vs the Flyers, then the comeback win vs the Panthers, and then the 1-0 OT shutout vs the Lightning here in TB.
They were 1-0 last year in road games where you and I were both there. They should schedule a road series every year for you and me just like they do with the dads. Guaranteed winners.
For sure! next time we need to do a combo Panthers and Lightning game, and maybe even get an Everblades and Solarbears game in with JMC...do a tour of the Florida state of hockey :)
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:27 pm
MissouriMook wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:24 amThey were 1-0 last year in road games where you and I were both there. They should schedule a road series every year for you and me just like they do with the dads. Guaranteed winners.
For sure! next time we need to do a combo Panthers and Lightning game, and maybe even get an Everblades and Solarbears game in with JMC...do a tour of the Florida state of hockey :)
Last time I did that State of FL road trip thing, I developed a URI and had to skip the first of two games up in Jacksonville. I think I'll pass this season. You two enjoy your travels, and bring us 2 wins.

Just saw yesterday, that my update of the German-language version of the St. Louis Blues Wikipedia article has been reviewed and released. An update was necessary. The history passage of the article was out of date big time. The last sentence of the passage was something like: “Despite the signings of players like Paul Kariya, Brad Boyes… the team didn’t clinch the playoffs in the season 2006/07” :shock:
There was a black hole after the year 2007 in the history passage.

After winning the cup this June, the time was right for me to put some work into this article. Now, the timeline from the rebuild until the Stanley Cup win is detailed described in the history passage.

I thought it would be fun to start going through the playoffs game by game and reliving the first Cup in franchise history. Here is Blues vs Jets Rd 1 Gm 1:

Bozak got redemption after getting robbed earlier in the game. Binnington was unreal all game, but that save at the end of regulation was just sick. And say what you want about Perron's stupid penalties, but he had some big moments for the Blues including a goal in this game.

Enjoy!
KA-KAW!

MattyIce wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:52 am I thought it would be fun to start going through the playoffs game by game and reliving the first Cup in franchise history. Here is Blues vs Jets Rd 1 Gm 1:

Bozak got redemption after getting robbed earlier in the game. Binnington was unreal all game, but that save at the end of regulation was just sick. And say what you want about Perron's stupid penalties, but he had some big moments for the Blues including a goal in this game.

Enjoy!
I'd forgotten how nerve wracking that game was.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

MattyIce wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:52 am I thought it would be fun to start going through the playoffs game by game and reliving the first Cup in franchise history. Here is Blues vs Jets Rd 1 Gm 1:

Enjoy!

Binnington should of gotten Conn Smythe. Thought for sure if Binnington played lights out in Gm 7 he'd get it and he still didn't get it - ha

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:28 pm

This guy has been going through on the Sportsnet channel picking his worst plays of the season for every team. I had somehow forgotten about this Allen play until today. Man that was bad! But who cares, we won the motherfucking cup!
I would've gone with Paryako's turnover with 10 seconds left in Montreal.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:29 pm

This guy has been going through on the Sportsnet channel picking his worst plays of the season for every team. I had somehow forgotten about this Allen play until today. Man that was bad! But who cares, we won the motherfucking cup!
I would've gone with Paryako's turnover with 10 seconds left in Montreal.
I forgot about that one. Doesn’t even seem like it was in the same season - ha

BillP. wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:01 pmThat Allen play is a good laugh. I forgot about the early dive :lol:
In The Jakester's defense (which he often lacked), his "early dive" was clearly - though futilely - intended to influence Aho's retrieval of the errant puck. Further, he did manage to get his goalie stick into the crease area pretty close to the puck as Aho stuffed it into the net. One or two more strides and Allen would've arrived at the net just in time to give Aho a hug around the ankles to help celebrate the shorty. Better that he had his stick down & his mask buried in the ice at that point.

BillP. wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:01 pm

That Allen play is a good laugh. I forgot about the early dive :lol:
I've watched all of them and the best part is that the Bruin and Shart dang-its come against the Blues. Karlsson screening Jones during WCF and Marchand taking that 2nd goal in game 7 off. The Jets one was also against the Blues (4 min major penalty in game 6.)