Re: 2019-2020 St. Louis Blues

I thought they were going to let Fabbri walk, so this deal surprised me. Either a reward for how hard he worked to come back from two major injuries or the Blues saw enough of a glimmer of hope in the little he played at the end of the season. If he recaptures his previous form this deal will be a low risk steal. After all, it took Bouwmeester and Maroon over half a season to get back to form and we saw the results of that so who knows.

Ozzies09tc wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:08 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:01 pm Blues have a lot of time invested in Fabbri. Would have really sucked to see him move on and produce somewhere else , especially when we just don’t know what his ceiling is yet. Blues didn’t want to take that chance and Fabbri is showing some loyalty to the organization here. I think it’s a great deal for the Blues.
IMO I think this was all Fabbri could get and he knew it.

Also IMO I believe the Blues will trade Fabbri before the season starts
I think if the Blues would have let him walk away , I think there would have been quite a few teams interested in giving him a chance
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:22 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:01 pm Blues have a lot of time invested in Fabbri. Would have really sucked to see him move on and produce somewhere else , especially when we just don’t know what his ceiling is yet. Blues didn’t want to take that chance and Fabbri is showing some loyalty to the organization here. I think it’s a great deal for the Blues.

I think if the Blues would have let him walk away , I think there would have been quite a few teams interested in giving him a chance
How could you give a guy a raise when he's only played 96 games (including playoffs and AHL) in the last THREE SEASONS combined?

I think his contract, elsewhere, would be around the same and would only fetch the return of a 3rd. Whereas NOW he can be packaged with others for a better return than just a 3rd.

$2,029,660 to $4,059,322 <----that's what a team would've had to offer Fabbri (per year) for a 2nd round pick return to us (which would NOT have happened).......further thought i take that back as we've seen some stupid fucking contracts this year alone.
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

BluesSK wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:39 pmWhat a massive step down. That's second division team. He still had a year left on his contract. Wonder what happened?
Extraliga is the top Czech league, and he'll be competing against his older brother David. Probably a wise personal decision, considering his limited prospects in the NHL.

Ozzies09tc wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:39 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:22 pm

How could you give a guy a raise when he's only played 96 games (including playoffs and AHL) in the last THREE SEASONS combined?

I think his contract, elsewhere, would be around the same and would only fetch the return of a 3rd. Whereas NOW he can be packaged with others for a better return than just a 3rd.

$2,029,660 to $4,059,322 <----that's what a team would've had to offer Fabbri (per year) for a 2nd round pick return to us (which would NOT have happened).......further thought i take that back as we've seen some stupid fucking contracts this year alone.
Nobody was going to sign him as an RFA. I'm only talking if the Blues decided let him become a UFA.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

BillP. wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:03 am
JMC-STL wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:45 am
BillP. wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:50 amSounds like a nice get. Wonder why Toronto couldn’t sign him?
Likely part of the Leafs positioning themselves to re-sign Mitch Marner.
Good call!
I'm catchin' on slowly from you BNF Boyz. My upside potential is limited, though. I seldom remember player names any more. :?

bradleygt89 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:07 am Interesting read on Pouliot here (one of the two-way one year deals DA made on July 1); had no idea he was that much of a bust before. Sounds like we have a good offensive minded player for the Rampage, but unless he either learns to play D (or becomes a forward or coach), he won't be on an NHL team again.

https://www.dkpittsburghsports.com/2018 ... guins-tlh/
I hope he figures it out. It would be nice to see. He's from my neck of the woods.

I still can't get over the complete lack of turnover on this team. It sounds like Maroon is going elsewhere, but his ice time seems likely to be replaced by more time for Kyrou/Fabbri/Mac etc. The closest thing to an addition is Pouliot, who seems to me like a Chris Butler replacement more than anything else. 11/12 forwards return, and all top 7 D return, and both goalies return, I'm not sure I can remember a single team, let alone Cup winner that has gone through a that stagnant of a summer (this assumes all RFAs re-sign without incident). To be clear I'm not complaining, just observing. Makes me wonder if a late summer trade happens closer to training camp.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

If we lose Maroon, I think Army might pick up whatever leftover scraps there are in free agency. I'm still on the Brouwer band wagon for a cool 1M. And I wonder if Pomminville (16 goals LY) would be of any interest if he can be had that cheap, though I prefer Brouwer over him.

BillP. wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:41 am If we lose Maroon, I think Army might pick up whatever leftover scraps there are in free agency. I'm still on the Brouwer band wagon for a cool 1M. And I wonder if Pomminville (16 goals LY) would be of any interest if he can be had that cheap, though I prefer Brouwer over him.
I don't think this team will have any money for leftover scraps. They only way they can replace Maroon is to trade Eddy for a cheaper forward.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:29 am
BillP. wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:41 am If we lose Maroon, I think Army might pick up whatever leftover scraps there are in free agency. I'm still on the Brouwer band wagon for a cool 1M. And I wonder if Pomminville (16 goals LY) would be of any interest if he can be had that cheap, though I prefer Brouwer over him.
I don't think this team will have any money for leftover scraps. They only way they can replace Maroon is to trade Eddy for a cheaper forward.
Yeah, maybe trading Eddy and retaining the much cheaper MDZ would of been better.

I convinced myself Steen and Bouw would retire after winning the Cup.

(mostly because it would solve a lot of cap issues)

We have lots of pieces. A big hockey trade is surely possible. Jed Kyrou Allen and a pick could get you a seriously good player. A Pat Maroon type guy? Bjugstad???

In Army I trust.

T.C. wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:52 am
39hurricane wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:50 pm I convinced myself Steen and Bouw would retire after winning the Cup.
i hoped they would too.
After the way Bouw finished the season, I'm ok with one more season.

As for Steen, I didn't want him back either until he embraced his role as a 4th liner. I really think he had a lot to do with the success of that line. Not sure he's worth what he's going to be making, but I'm willing to see how next season goes. Sucks for the cap big time.
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!

New insider information here at work from Southside Tony. Says he hears Maroon is taking the Cup Saturday Night to All American in South County. Thinks it'll be from 6 to 8. So we'll see if that pans out. Plus he said he heard last night that Maroon is leaning towards Calgary now and that it's close to getting announced. Thinks it'll be next week, just a guess since he's got the Cup this Saturday. Says it's still a 5 year offer but I find that hard to believe. Anyway, just passing on what I heard.

BillP. wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:31 am New insider information here at work from Southside Tony. Says he hears Maroon is taking the Cup Saturday Night to All American in South County. Thinks it'll be from 6 to 8. So we'll see if that pans out. Plus he said he heard last night that Maroon is leaning towards Calgary now and that it's close to getting announced. Thinks it'll be next week, just a guess since he's got the Cup this Saturday. Says it's still a 5 year offer but I find that hard to believe. Anyway, just passing on what I heard.
If Maroon signs a 5 year deal he has the greatest agent in the history of negotiating.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

bradleygt89 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:07 am Interesting read on Pouliot here (one of the two-way one year deals DA made on July 1); had no idea he was that much of a bust before. Sounds like we have a good offensive minded player for the Rampage, but unless he either learns to play D (or becomes a forward or coach), he won't be on an NHL team again.

https://www.dkpittsburghsports.com/2018 ... guins-tlh/
Both Pouliot and Dotchin have time to turn things around. I was very interested in Dotchin a few years back.