Re: 2019-2020 St. Louis Blues

ratonmono wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:03 pm If Maroon wants to stay he's going to have to continue to give a hometown discount. He improved over the course of the season and had a decent playoffs but he's not a key cog on the ice at all.
I disagree. Who is going to replace the things that Maroon bring to this team? Nobody we have on this roster, for sure.
Letting him get away without making a fair offer would be a big mistake. Jmo

BillP. wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:54 am
39hurricane wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:41 am You guys are all gonna lose it when Joe Pavelski takes a discount to sign with the Blues tomorrow.

2 years 5 mil per
Are you joking or got some kind of spidy sense?
When I wrote that I was 99% joking. Then I reviewed Army's trade for ROR and I believe nothing is impossible. And if Pav's wants to win a cup bad enough and Army could talk him into it... nothing is impossibe.

I hope if Maroon leaves its Kyrou who wins a job playing with Bozak on the third line. Bozak seems like a good center for a kid to break into the line-up with. Depending on how Thomas progresses, and if he's ready to play C, things could get interesting.

Schwartz-O'Reilly-Tarasenko
Schenn-Thomas-Perron
Sanford/Blais-Bozak-Kyrou
Barbashev-Sundqvist-Steen

In an ideal world for me, we'd dump Steen's contract and have Blais or MacEachern on the 4th line. Third line LW spot could also be an interesting battle in camp, even if Kyrou nails down a spot.

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:42 am I hope if Maroon leaves its Kyrou who wins a job playing with Bozak on the third line. Bozak seems like a good center for a kid to break into the line-up with. Depending on how Thomas progresses, and if he's ready to play C, things could get interesting.

Schwartz-O'Reilly-Tarasenko
Schenn-Thomas-Perron
Sanford/Blais-Bozak-Kyrou
Barbashev-Sundqvist-Steen

In an ideal world for me, we'd dump Steen's contract and have Blais or MacEachern on the 4th line. Third line LW spot could also be an interesting battle in camp, even if Kyrou nails down a spot.
If things remain as they are right now and everyone is healthy, its going to be a hell of a battle between the youngsters for those wing spots. I know Kyrou has been dealing with an injury, so I hope he recovers in time to put his best foot forward in the fall. While he seems destined for San Antonio, I'm very curious to see what Kostin brings to the table this fall. I imagine he'll get his first taste of the NHL at some point this season. I have a feeling some sort of forward depth is added today as well. I'm not talking some high end player, but Army seems to like having loads of depth in the fall. Also, and this is a long shot, I wonder if Schenn is extended today. We haven't heard anything about him lately, and today is the first day he's eligible. Maybe the trade talks dying down has been because they're looking at an extension. Again, I don't think that's likely, but it would be a nice little surprise.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Turk Sanderson wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:02 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:54 am What are thoughts on Wayne Simmonds as a Maroon replacement?
I think that he’s a shell of his former self, and wouldn’t be worth the coin. Seems like more of a part-timer anymore.
Kind of the role I'd see him playing here. Low minutes 3rd line veteran big body. A shell of his former self turned him into a higher goal scoring version of Maroon(17 to 10). Obviously it'd depend on term and aav though. But I'd be interested.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:54 am What are thoughts on Wayne Simmonds as a Maroon replacement?
Hard pass. Loved the guy a few years ago, but I think he's toast. I'd rather fill Maroon's void with more time for the kids. It's too bad for Simmonds that his contract didn't expire a year or two ago. He's made good money in his career but he probably would've gotten stupid money as a UFA in a previous season. I suppose he still might.

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:39 am

I'm honestly cool with this. Allen as insurance this year makes sense. I think they're going to want to get his deal off the books after this year though to use that cap space for Petro's (and Schenn's maybe) new deal(s).
All fair points, but what good does it do Army to say any different? Saying they have no plans to trade him makes them look completely content to keep him and not that they have to move him. It also would create an awkward situation should Allen end up staying, if Army came out saying he's looking to move him.

I'm fine with whatever way they decide to go with this, but I doubt Allen is untouchable or anything. There doesn't seem to be a big market for goalies currently.
Just a Russian propaganda account

bradleygt89 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:22 pm Figure Pouliot will replace Butler as one of the first call ups if injuries happen on D. Not a bad D man, has 200 games of experience and like 48 points (22 came in 17/18 with 'nucks). Good depth signing, hopefully we don't see him :)
First round (#8 overall) Derrick Pouliot! We'll probably move him at the deadline for a first round pick next draft.

bradleygt89 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:22 pm Figure Pouliot will replace Butler as one of the first call ups if injuries happen on D. Not a bad D man, has 200 games of experience and like 48 points (22 came in 17/18 with 'nucks). Good depth signing, hopefully we don't see him :)
Ah, another Jordan Schmaltz!

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:40 pm
Ah, another Jordan Schmaltz!
Since Pouliot is a LHD and Schmaltz a RHD, we found a future top pair....of the Oilers; either the ECHL Tulsa or the NHL Edmonton version....both pretty realistic :)
"Do Only Good Everyday"

Doug Glatt wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:30 pm
First round (#8 overall) Derrick Pouliot! We'll probably move him at the deadline for a first round pick next draft.
Another Saskatchewan boy. Can't go wrong. 🙂