Re: Blues re-sign Gunnar

It seems we've almost always got at least one defenseman out injured, though, and often two or three. I think Edumundson still has upside. He's younger than Parayko, and remember how everyone was trying to get rid of him a year or so ago? Edmundson a big, physical, shut-down type defenseman who turns 26 tomorrow. With Bouwmeester possibly retiring after next season, they'll surely want a solid, shut-down D going forward. I actually think Edmundson would be used ahead of Bortuzzo, and possibly Gunnar at times, depending on whether they want toughness or offense for a particular game.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:32 pm
Ozzies09tc wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:13 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:57 pm 2 years. 1.75aav

So long Edmundson.
I'd think Del Zotto more likely is gone
You have Dunn, JayBo, Gunnar on the left side. I can’t see them paying Eddy 3+ million to be injury insurance.
I see gunnar as the injury insurance honestly as he is older and more injury prone.

With the lower price he agreed to I see him as our #7 even tho pie played much better next to him
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

RAFritchey wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:03 pm It seems we've almost always got at least one defenseman out injured, though, and often two or three. I think Edumundson still has upside. He's younger than Parayko, and remember how everyone was trying to get rid of him a year or so ago? Edmundson a big, physical, shut-down type defenseman who turns 26 tomorrow. With Bouwmeester possibly retiring after next season, they'll surely want a solid, shut-down D going forward. I actually think Edmundson would be used ahead of Bortuzzo, and possibly Gunnar at times, depending on whether they want toughness or offense for a particular game.
I’m not say Eddy is no good or anything. But his best value to this team is as a trade chip.

Gunnar - Petro
JayBo - Parayko
Dunn - Borts
A bunch of different options to choose from after.
Just a Russian propaganda account

So we're paying, what, $3.125 mil for BOTH Borts and Gunnar combined? Plus another $3.25 for JBo?

LESS than $6,5 mil for three VERY solid veteran defensemen. GREAT moves by Armstrong. And do you know what the best part is?

All three of them have Stanley Cup winning experience!

:mrgreen:

RAFritchey wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:31 pm So we're paying, what, $3.125 mil for BOTH Borts and Gunnar combined? Plus another $3.25 for JBo?

LESS than $6,5 mil for three VERY solid veteran defensemen. GREAT moves by Armstrong. And do you know what the best part is?

All three of them have Stanley Cup winning experience!

:mrgreen:
may the odds forever be in our favor now!
"Do Only Good Everyday"

T.C. wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:16 am

wow. so, polak for gunnar, barbie and blais? masterclass in fleecing.
No, all of those weren't part of that trade, they all just happened the same day. We got a 4th back in the Gunnarsson deal, which we used to draft Husso.

The Barbashev pick was from the deal that sent Perron to Edmonton (thank god Barbashev has panned out) and the Blais pick was a sixth rounder we got from Boston for Wade Redden, of all people.