Re: 2019 Offseason signings, trades, news thread

MissouriMook wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:22 pm
UMSLBlues12 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:50 pm Looks like Dallas didn’t qualify Ryan Hartman. He’ll be a UFA. Surprised by that.
I’m guessing Tim just went from six to midnight.

Really curious as to why, especially after they just traded for him. It would have only cost them about $200K over league minimum. There has to be something more to the story.
Apparently he's 'off the grid' for a vacation this week, and doesn't even know that he's not only been traded, but now also been waived by his new team, and going to be an UFA when he gets back.

RAFritchey wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:57 pm
UMSLBlues12 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:50 pm Looks like Dallas didn’t qualify Ryan Hartman. He’ll be a UFA. Surprised by that.

Really curious as to why, especially after they just traded for him. It would have only cost them about $200K over league minimum. There has to be something more to the story.
Apparently he's 'off the grid' for a vacation this week, and doesn't even know that he's not only been traded, but now also been waived by his new team, and going to be an UFA when he gets back.
Haha hope his agent agrees to a contract with a new team all before he gets back
Just a Russian propaganda account

T.C. wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:05 am
barcthespark wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:49 pm OUCH!!! Backes went from being a beloved team captain to a valued free agent to a healthy scratch in the final 3 games of the Stanley Cup Final to a guy with an unmovable contract with a team who doesn't want him. Talk about a downward spiral. I hate to see it happen to such a quality person, but damn, this really shows what a tough business sports is.
karma's a bitch. lots of talk about loving STL, then went somewhere for an extra year. bye bye, tough guy.

and DPW's right, he really needs to say goodbye to the game while he can still fly and play with his dogs. one more serious hit and all of that could go away. money can't buy everything.
I guess sometimes it's hard for some folks to know what their actual value is, regardless of what someone is willing to pay them. I was pissed when he left, and with the history since then, I'm happy he is gone. He should retire now, those head injuries are not going to be forgiving in the long run.

Cotton McKnight wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:24 pm
barcthespark wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:49 pm OUCH!!! Backes went from being a beloved team captain to a valued free agent to a healthy scratch in the final 3 games of the Stanley Cup Final to a guy with an unmovable contract with a team who doesn't want him. Talk about a downward spiral. I hate to see it happen to such a quality person, but damn, this really shows what a tough business sports is.
karma's a bitch. lots of talk about loving STL, then went somewhere for an extra year. bye bye, tough guy.

and DPW's right, he really needs to say goodbye to the game while he can still fly and play with his dogs. one more serious hit and all of that could go away. money can't buy everything.
I guess sometimes it's hard for some folks to know what their actual value is, regardless of what someone is willing to pay them. I was pissed when he left, and with the history since then, I'm happy he is gone. He should retire now, those head injuries are not going to be forgiving in the long run.
We haven't had to hear any lame excuses about taking the foot off of the pedal, or not being ready to start the game since he left... he left of his own accord, and the Blues are better for it. He's a Bruin now,... hope he enjoyed watching his old team partying at the Bruin's expense.

Yeah...Hartman is a favorite of mine for sure. Supposedly Dallas still wants to sign him but at their price. Hopefully Hartman sticks it to them
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Cotton McKnight wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:24 pm

Like grandpa said, I'd like to buy for what he's worth and sell him for what he thinks he's worth. Sometimes the grass isn't greener. I can think of a bunch more but you see where I'm going.

NHLTIM wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:25 am

Yeah...Hartman is a favorite of mine for sure. Supposedly Dallas still wants to sign him but at their price. Hopefully Hartman sticks it to them
I just don't get why they would risk that given that they can only go $200K lower before they hit league minimum. If it were an option, I would much rather bring Hartman in for 3rd line duty with Thomas and Bozak at $1M-$2M than to bring Maroon back in that role. Still, something just doesn't seem right here and I'm wondering if there isn't something that is going to come out here that has him labeled as "damaged goods" either because of something physical or behavioral. The only thing I've seen as a knock on him since the trade was how many penalties he took, but Berube seemed to do a pretty good job of reigning that in with Perron.

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:07 am
T.C. wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:08 am https://www.nhl.com/news/top-nhl-free-a ... 04623262=1

article about goalie options on the market this offseason. notable as allen is not among those listed.
That list is UFAs only. Allen still has 2 years left. He wouldn't rank high on that list anyway, but I'd take him over Cam Ward at least.
ah, good point. i didn't make that distinction.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:48 pm Are we of the belief that Ville Husso is not ready for backup duty? Because if the Blues can move Allen, I want him as the backup and save that money.
I would think the Blues want Husso playing as much as possible. If we move Allen, I would imagine we’d be looking to sign a backup to a one year deal.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:55 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:48 pm Are we of the belief that Ville Husso is not ready for backup duty? Because if the Blues can move Allen, I want him as the backup and save that money.
I would think the Blues want Husso playing as much as possible. If we move Allen, I would imagine we’d be looking to sign a backup to a one year deal.
But if JB50 is the starter going forward then when will Husso ever get called up if he needs to be playing as much as possible? 30 games in the NHL or 50 in the AHL. Not much difference to his development.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:17 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:55 pm
But if JB50 is the starter going forward then when will Husso ever get called up if he needs to be playing as much as possible? 30 games in the NHL or 50 in the AHL. Not much difference to his development.
I’m thinking at least another year before Husso becomes the back up. Of course JB50 could be the next Jake Allen and we might need Husso next season.

"Suck a dick Johansen"