Re: St. Louis Blues 2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champions!!!!!!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:09 pm The part with Laila and Parayko will never not turn me into a blubbering mess.
not to be a downer here, but i have a serious question. does anyone know laila's prognosis at this point? i've been searching off and on for the last month and haven't found any update. it's all about how awesome the blues are bringing this girl around and exploi...er, using her as inspiration. but i can't find any real info on, you know, how she's actually doing besides being in great spirits and happy the blues won, etc.

T.C. wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:59 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:09 pm The part with Laila and Parayko will never not turn me into a blubbering mess.
not to be a downer here, but i have a serious question. does anyone know laila's prognosis at this point? i've been searching off and on for the last month and haven't found any update. it's all about how awesome the blues are bringing this girl around and exploi...er, using her as inspiration. but i can't find any real info on, you know, how she's actually doing besides being in great spirits and happy the blues won, etc.
Hey Downer! I don't have anything official, but I thought I watched a highlight video of the season, and they showed her ringing the bell in the hospital. Usually that happens when the illness (some type of Cancer?) goes into remission. But take that with a grain of alcohol because I've been drunk since we won the cup. Cheers!

T.C. wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:20 am bell ringing is for "done with treatment". doesn't always mean good things. and with a disease like hers, i thought it was 100% fatal. i know she's had multiple marrow donors, just don't know how much time that bought her.
I read somewhere that something like only 15 people have ever been diagnosed with the disease she has. So it wouldn't surprise me if her doctors don't even know her prognosis really, there might not be enough information out there on it to say.

Speaking of ill children that connected with the Blues, remember Ari from a few years ago? Nice story here on her:

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns ... af45a.html

Tarasenko texted her mother after they won the WCF "She is in my heart."

I remember the team (and Tarasenko) went into a bit of a funk after she died.

big d note wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:34 amIt's been 2 weeks now since Hell froze over. It's still hard to believe.

My wife and I ordered a bunch of Stanley Cup merch and it's taking forever to ship. So far I've received a hat and a shirt. Another package is supposed to be delivered today.
The pop-up vendor tents around St. Louis don't seem to have an inventory issue. Maybe you should've ordered from Alibaba directly, instead of via their U.S. distributor (aka, Fanatics.com).