2019 HOF class

Carbonneau, Zubov, Wickenheiser, and Nedormansky.

Zubov definitely a no brainer. Interesting that Carbonneau made it after all these years. His defensive game was definitely HOF worthy but offensively not even in the ballpark. Which begs the question why great offensive talents like Mogilny and Turgeon get punished for being "one-dimensional" even though their one dimension was absolutely hall of fame worthy? Just frustrating to me how they have different standards when it comes to offense ot seems to be critically under-rated still in the hockey world.

Edit: I'm not trying to discredit Carbonneau as much as I am trying to make a case for guys like Mogilny and Turgeon.

Re: 2019 HOF class

barnburner wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:33 am
STLBlueshistory wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:31 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:10 pm Alternate headline: Daughter of Blues Legend headlines HOF Class along with 2 other Blues Greats.
In some countries I guess someones father could also be their cousin.
Pretty much standard practice in Arkansas, and Kentucky
Not all of Arkansas, just the rural areas, where you have less than 5000 people, that's still a great big portion of Arkansas. ;)

[*]
ratonmono wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:31 pm Carbonneau, Zubov, Wickenheiser, and Nedormansky.

Zubov definitely a no brainer. Interesting that Carbonneau made it after all these years. His defensive game was definitely HOF worthy but offensively not even in the ballpark. Which begs the question why great offensive talents like Mogilny and Turgeon get punished for being "one-dimensional" even though their one dimension was absolutely hall of fame worthy? Just frustrating to me how they have different standards when it comes to offense ot seems to be critically under-rated still in the hockey world.

Edit: I'm not trying to discredit Carbonneau as much as I am trying to make a case for guys like Mogilny and Turgeon.
I agree. Carbonneau? I can think of better players than him. Probably same for Zubov too. Turgeon definitely belongs in HOF. Massive thread on HF Boards with a 2nd one continued about Turgeon hall status. It’s not his fault he didn’t play on a Cup team.

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:10 pm Alternate headline: Daughter of Blues Legend headlines HOF Class along with 2 other Blues Greats.
As a (now) Kentuckian, I have to correct you and say it’s standard practice in West Virginia, not Kentucky. Easy to mix up

Cotton McKnight wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:28 pm

Not all of Arkansas, just the rural areas, where you have less than 5000 people, that's still a great big portion of Arkansas. ;)
Keep in mind that I originally came from Arkansas, so...... 😁

barnburner wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:12 am

Aha, so you know! I don't like to venture out into the wilderness, on some days.

What part are you from, we moved to Siloam Springs.

Cotton McKnight wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:07 pm

Aha, so you know! I don't like to venture out into the wilderness, on some days.

LOL. Born in a little town called Rector, Ark. Located in the North East corner of the state, about 10 miles north of Heubner (😃😃) or 20 miles north of Paragould. Cotton country, although more and more are turning to Rice. 😡😨😟

barnburner wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:30 pm

LOL. Born in a little town called Rector, Ark. Located in the North East corner of the state, about 10 miles north of Heubner (😃😃) or 20 miles north of Paragould. Cotton country, although more and more are turning to Rice. 😡😨😟
Born in Rector? I always pegged you as a Damnnearkilledor native.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:02 pm

Born in Rector? I always pegged you as a Damnnearkilledor native.
That was in a previous life. 😁

BluesSK wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:03 pm I love how these threads stay on topic. :D
I agree. I'll put it back on course. I'll say Doug Wilson should be in before either Carbonneau or Zubov. It's BS that Doug Wilson is not in. He was an impact player, probably a top 5 at his position during his prime.

I've heard of Heubner!

Cotton McKnight wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:18 pm

I've heard of Heubner!
So, you're the one! :) The town consisted of one generalstore/post office, and a collection of farms more or less around the store. :) My folks sharecropped a farm there before giving it up as hopeless.

barnburner wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:13 am

I've heard of Heubner!
So, you're the one! :) The town consisted of one generalstore/post office, and a collection of farms more or less around the store. :) My folks sharecropped a farm there before giving it up as hopeless.
I like to drive the back highways when I do road trips, without the wife (car sickness), I've gotten close to Heubner.

Cotton McKnight wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:33 am

I've heard of Heubner!
I like to drive the back highways when I do road trips, without the wife (car sickness), I've gotten close to Heubner.
I doubt the "town" even exists, other than in name anymore. 😁😃

barnburner wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:31 pm
Cotton McKnight wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:33 am
I doubt the "town" even exists, other than in name anymore. 😁😃
There are quite a few towns around Siloam Springs like that, I have family in Cincinnati Arkansas, no businesses are open there, just farmers. I find the abandoned towns to be very interesting.

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:35 am

As a (now) Kentuckian, I have to correct you and say it’s standard practice in West Virginia, not Kentucky. Easy to mix up
I hear you have pass the Kentucky Equivalency Test:

Connect the Dot
And
Knife-Fighting

Courtesy of the Dry Branch Fire Squad... a Virginia Bluegrass Band.