Re: St. Louis Blues 2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champions!!!!!!!!!!

Very cool stat (I think): The Blues split the first four game in every series (going 8-8 in those games) and then dominated every series after that. In the so-called "if necessary" games (5, 6 and 7), they were 8-2. I believe those 8 "if necessary" game wins is an NHL record. I did some digging, and it appears that no other team in NHL history has done this.

And as I mentioned in an earlier post, they also got better as each game went along. Here are the Blues' final goal differentials by period for the 2019 post season:
1st: - 2
2nd: - 3
3rd: + 12 (not counting empty netters)

I don't know how the period splits compare to other teams and other years, but I've got to believe these numbers are unique as well.

bradleygt89 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:43 am
T.C. wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:16 am
Scruffy wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:41 pm

Haha. You know Justin too?
since GTP days.
Just watched the video...wtf? Why they picking on that dude for?
Justin is hilarious, but I can see how he may have offended the sensibilities of some of the pearl-clutchers at the watch party.

I’m guessing that he was screaming things like “Fuck Boston” and some other choice phrases, and someone complained to security.

Our group of friends is loving the notoriety that has suddenly come his way. It’s so perfectly Justin—I’d bet that getting internet famous for being arrested at a Blues Stanley Cup party is pretty much his greatest dream.

Scruffy wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:59 am
T.C. wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:16 am
since GTP days.
Justin is hilarious, but I can see how he may have offended the sensibilities of some of the pearl-clutchers at the watch party.

I’m guessing that he was screaming things like “Fuck Boston” and some other choice phrases, and someone complained to security.

Our group of friends is loving the notoriety that has suddenly come his way. It’s so perfectly Justin—I’d bet that getting internet famous for being arrested at a Blues Stanley Cup party is pretty much his greatest dream.
i'm sure you talk to him more than i do. tell him we shall represent his plea here as our slogan for at least the next year.

T.C. wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:39 am
Scruffy wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:59 am

i'm sure you talk to him more than i do. tell him we shall represent his plea here as our slogan for at least the next year.
Haha. Will do.

insideout wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:41 am
Robb_K wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:37 pm It's already light here in northwest Denmark. But, unfortunately, it's still way too early to yell! :D I'll watch the celebration a while longer, make a few more posts, and then put a tuque over my eyes and sleep till noon. I work at home until Saturday, when I teach a storyboarding class. Luckily, I work mostly at home, so, I can watch ALL The Blues' game, most of which run from 2:00 AM to 4:40 or so.
Does it even get dark in northwest Denmark on June 13?
Not much. It goes to a dark "dusk" at about 1:00 AM, and The Sun comes up over the horizon at about 3:00. I can sleep during those 2 hours, without the light passing through my tuque over my eyes, and bothering me. But, I generally need complete darkness to sleep well (which I get for some hours down in Munich, and even as far north as my sister's house in Greater Winnipeg, and my homes in northern Noord Holland, but not in my home in Denmark, or at my co-workers' houses in Sweden, or Norway.

insideout wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:18 am Very cool stat (I think): The Blues split the first four game in every series (going 8-8 in those games) and then dominated every series after that. In the so-called "if necessary" games (5, 6 and 7), they were 8-2. I believe those 8 "if necessary" game wins is an NHL record. I did some digging, and it appears that no other team in NHL history has done this.

And as I mentioned in an earlier post, they also got better as each game went along. Here are the Blues' final goal differentials by period for the 2019 post season:
1st: - 2
2nd: - 3
3rd: + 12 (not counting empty netters)

I don't know how the period splits compare to other teams and other years, but I've got to believe these numbers are unique as well.
Those are some amazing numbers.

This team was/is legendary.

Oates2Hullie450 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:57 pm No clue where to post this but I saw today Stillman's group purchased the remaining interest in the Blues from Dave Checketts' group, meaning the Stillman group now owns 100% of the team. And you didnt think Checketts would ever bring a cup to St. Louis.
Does he get a ring ahd his name on the Cup, I wonder. Not sure how it works with owners, partial owners etc.

Robb_K wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:50 am
Robb_K wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:37 pm It's already light here in northwest Denmark. But, unfortunately, it's still way too early to yell! :D I'll watch the celebration a while longer, make a few more posts, and then put a tuque over my eyes and sleep till noon. I work at home until Saturday, when I teach a storyboarding class. Luckily, I work mostly at home, so, I can watch ALL The Blues' game, most of which run from 2:00 AM to 4:40 or so.
Not much. It goes to a dark "dusk" at about 1:00 AM, and The Sun comes up over the horizon at about 3:00. I can sleep during those 2 hours, without the light passing through my tuque over my eyes, and bothering me. But, I generally need complete darkness to sleep well (which I get for some hours down in Munich, and even as far north as my sister's house in Greater Winnipeg, and my homes in northern Noord Holland, but not in my home in Denmark, or at my co-workers' houses in Sweden, or Norway.
In my travels to Scandinavia I have found that room-darkening blinds are quite popular.

insideout wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:30 pm
Robb_K wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:50 am

In my travels to Scandinavia I have found that room-darkening blinds are quite popular.
They certainly help, but the birds start singing at 3:00 AM.

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:52 am Enjoyed this article about the NHL being a copycat league, and why teams won't be able to copy the Blues:

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/270 ... ues-recipe
wow, an article about the blues i don't have to pay to read? amazing. must be some podunk website/company. oh, it's ESPN you say? hm, how strange a company is successful without exploiting sports fans' wallets.

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:55 am It is so awesome getting to watch videos like this about the Blues.

Love the ref saying "backhand roof in game 7, doesn't get much better than that" to Petro. Also, Chara just all class in the handshake line, how could you not like the guy.

had me in tears all over again. also, chara is pure class, the epitome of a warrior. this speaks volumes about his character.

T.C. wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:56 pm
UMSLBlues12 wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:55 am It is so awesome getting to watch videos like this about the Blues.

Love the ref saying "backhand roof in game 7, doesn't get much better than that" to Petro. Also, Chara just all class in the handshake line, how could you not like the guy.

had me in tears all over again. also, chara is pure class, the epitome of a warrior. this speaks volumes about his character.
The part with Laila and Parayko will never not turn me into a blubbering mess.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!