Re: Fantasy Hockey

bradleygt89 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:03 pm :oops: So glad I went with two of the best goaltenders with my first two picks, as that was obviously a winning formula as predicted. :oops:

WTF.

Goaltending stats, was dominate and in top 5 in all categories:

W: #1
GAA: #4
Save %: #3
Shutouts: Tied for #1

but 4-7 is pretty much where I wound up, as rarely won offensive categories, and when Vasilevskiy went on IR, it hurt for those couple months a lot.

Forwards/Def:

All in bottom bottom 5-10 except for PIM: 8th best.

Wow, my offensive team sucked. Thanks Schenn, Trocheck, Pacioretty, Fiala for shitty seasons.

The only player who did as expected was Timo Meier (SJ LW/RW; 26-31& +17 w/ 215 SOG) and my 3 dmen were descent. Everyone else SUCKED and are all FIRED!

Looking forward to next season....
Are you in our league or are you in another league?

BillP. wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:31 pm
bradleygt89 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:03 pm :oops: So glad I went with two of the best goaltenders with my first two picks, as that was obviously a winning formula as predicted. :oops:

WTF.

Goaltending stats, was dominate and in top 5 in all categories:

W: #1
GAA: #4
Save %: #3
Shutouts: Tied for #1

but 4-7 is pretty much where I wound up, as rarely won offensive categories, and when Vasilevskiy went on IR, it hurt for those couple months a lot.

Forwards/Def:

All in bottom bottom 5-10 except for PIM: 8th best.

Wow, my offensive team sucked. Thanks Schenn, Trocheck, Pacioretty, Fiala for shitty seasons.

The only player who did as expected was Timo Meier (SJ LW/RW; 26-31& +17 w/ 215 SOG) and my 3 dmen were descent. Everyone else SUCKED and are all FIRED!

Looking forward to next season....
Are you in our league or are you in another league?
That hurt. I have obviously failed with any meaningful contributions to this board.

:(
"Do Only Good Everyday"

BillP. wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:41 pm
bradleygt89 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:16 pm Ok, I'm over it.

Brad's Boss Team, 14th place overall, in 'our league' :(
Sorry Brad, its my first year in the league, but now I know for sure you're the Springsteen of our league ;)
Won't forget now - Ha!!
all good :) I cannot remember who everyone is on our board's league either...although I did figure 'Brad's Boss Team' was pretty easy to figure out. But then again, it's hard to see my team from way up in the standings as you managed to get. Great job your first year in our league :)
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:00 pm
BillP. wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:41 pm
bradleygt89 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:16 pm Ok, I'm over it.

Brad's Boss Team, 14th place overall, in 'our league' :(
Sorry Brad, its my first year in the league, but now I know for sure you're the Springsteen of our league ;)
Won't forget now - Ha!!
all good :) I cannot remember who everyone is on our board's league either...although I did figure 'Brad's Boss Team' was pretty easy to figure out. But then again, it's hard to see my team from way up in the standings as you managed to get. Great job your first year in our league :)
Thanks! It's a lot of fun. I'm sorry I didn't join up sooner, I wish I did. I'm definitely in from here on out!!

i finished dead last...8 out of 8 teams. My worst finish in a long time. Must remember next to grab a goalie early and not wait until the 10th round... :lol: Goaltending killed me all year and this was a team with Scheifele, Matthews, Marner, Guentzel, Debrincat, Laine, and Stone up front.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

T.C. wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:15 am yeah, that really sucks. i ended up tied with the #1 seed, he got the win. i guess it's total wins, points percentage or something. so close to beating the top seed, dammit!
Might be head to head. There were 2 ties this weekend and I looked at both and didn't see any connection with how they determined the winner. So I'm thinking it must be head to head. Fortunately I won outright and didn't go thru that. Tough deal for you guys.

Blues SC Champions wins Title!

First time playing fantasy hockey and wins in a 20 team league. If it sound like I’m bragging, I guess I kind of am - ha...... I’m pretty happy about it and it was a lot of fun. Thanks for letting me play. Looking forward to the challenge of repeating. As TJ Oshie said last June.....back to back......back to back 😎

Hey, maybe my team name is an omen for this years NHL playoffs, let’s hope 😉

yes a pretty impressive victory! standings:

1. Blues - SC Campions (262 pts, 5th)
2. Storey's HC (280 pts, 2nd)
3. Teemu's Salami (303 pts, 1st)
4. Putting on the FOIL! (258 pts, 6th)
5. Tara-Sink-You (276 pts, 3rd)
6. Demitra's Chains (247 pts, 8th)
7. RAFFLCOPTER (264 pts 4th)
8. The Hot Karlsson's (250 pts, 7th)

i ended up finishing 6th, better than last year's 8th. in 14 years, i've finished 5th or above 7 times in this league. so i'm in the bottom half of my personal standings, even with toews having a record year. goalies sunk me.

T.C. wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:47 am yes a pretty impressive victory! standings:

1. Blues - SC Campions (262 pts, 5th)
2. Storey's HC (280 pts, 2nd)
3. Teemu's Salami (303 pts, 1st)
4. Putting on the FOIL! (258 pts, 6th)
5. Tara-Sink-You (276 pts, 3rd)
6. Demitra's Chains (247 pts, 8th)
7. RAFFLCOPTER (264 pts 4th)
8. The Hot Karlsson's (250 pts, 7th)

i ended up finishing 6th, better than last year's 8th. in 14 years, i've finished 5th or above 7 times in this league. so i'm in the bottom half of my personal standings, even with toews having a record year. goalies sunk me.
That’s pretty good. You forgot to mention you got 2 titles to boot. Yeah, does anyone see Toews having another year like that? Doubtful.

BillP. wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:02 am Blues SC Champions wins Title!

First time playing fantasy hockey and wins in a 20 team league. If it sound like I’m bragging, I guess I kind of am - ha...... I’m pretty happy about it and it was a lot of fun. Thanks for letting me play. Looking forward to the challenge of repeating. As TJ Oshie said last June.....back to back......back to back 😎

Hey, maybe my team name is an omen for this years NHL playoffs, let’s hope 😉

BINGO!

BillP. wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:57 am Listening to Fantasy Hockey Podcast on NHL and the one guy was saying Binnington is in his top 5 for goalie picks. The other guy disagreed and said he'd put him in top 10. Where do you rank the Binner?
Great question for fantasy. It was a very weird year for goalies, Darcy Kuemper was easily a top 10 fantasy goalie this season. I'd probably rank them like this going into next season

1. Vasilevsky
2. Fleury
3. Bobrovsky
4. Bishop
5. Gibson
6. Binnington

I almost slotted Binnington at 5, but I think Gibson will put up better numbers and more wins with a competent head coach this season. I'd almost rank Bishop as high as 2, but I'm always worried about an injury with him. I also originally had Bobrovsky 2, but I'd like to see what team he ends up with, and surely not playing in Torts's system will hurt him. Lehner might be top-5 worthy as well. Tough position to rank for fantasy these days.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!