Re: GDT: SCF Game 5: St Louis Blues at Boston - 7:00 - NBC - Thurs 6/6

NHLTIM wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:45 am
CaptSMRT wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:12 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:47 am I think the best thing is that a fan base who actively roots for Brad Marchand has the audacity to call another team cheap without even a hint of irony.

Their anger is misdirected at the Blues and refs when it should be on their top two lines and their coach being finessed by Berube.
Some 100 pt player...he has been a non-factor for the entire series.
That’s a credit to the Blues because Marchand is the current leading scorer in the playoffs.
I still don’t think him or Bergeron are 100% but has been his ornery self the last couple of games.
Let him be though ....the last thing we need is him waking up for game 6 and maybe game 7.
They didn't seem hurt against Carolina...now suddenly their top line is colder than a J Jonah Jameson editorial on Spiderman.

CaptSMRT wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:15 am
NHLTIM wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:45 am
CaptSMRT wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:12 am

Some 100 pt player...he has been a non-factor for the entire series.
That’s a credit to the Blues because Marchand is the current leading scorer in the playoffs.
I still don’t think him or Bergeron are 100% but has been his ornery self the last couple of games.
Let him be though ....the last thing we need is him waking up for game 6 and maybe game 7.
They didn't seem hurt against Carolina...now suddenly their top line is colder than a J Jonah Jameson editorial on Spiderman.
Well they’ve been talking about Bergeron not being healthy since after game one. Marchand was hurt in their scrimmage game they held before the cup started. Is that a lingering issue...not sure but like I said it’s a credit to the Blues.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Bozak was coming towards him and in classic Bruins way he turned his back at the last millisecond and immediately fell down upon feeling the contact trying to initiate a penalty. Anybody watching this series objectively has to see that they've been flailing around like Oshie all over the ice. Look at Perrons penalty in game 4, skating side by side up the ice both trying for the edge and I can't remember who it was ,but Perron gave him a little elbow and he fell like there was a grassy knoll somewhere. Skates up in the air backwards, they are pussies.

BlueinNy wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:19 pm Bozak was coming towards him and in classic Bruins way he turned his back at the last millisecond and immediately fell down upon feeling the contact trying to initiate a penalty. Anybody watching this series objectively has to see that they've been flailing around like Oshie all over the ice. Look at Perrons penalty in game 4, skating side by side up the ice both trying for the edge and I can't remember who it was ,but Perron gave him a little elbow and he fell like there was a grassy knoll somewhere. Skates up in the air backwards, they are pussies.
I think it was a trip and I also think it was embellished.

The Bruins got away with a lot in that game and I don't think the ref wanted to call something that was that blatantly sold.

Steen and Dunn both took huge high hits prior and nothing was called.

Marchand's low bridge on Tarasenko wasn't called either.

We are going to pay for it in a suspension and biased officiating in Game 6. Our guys will work through it and win.

BluesSK wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:33 pm
BlueinNy wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:19 pm Bozak was coming towards him and in classic Bruins way he turned his back at the last millisecond and immediately fell down upon feeling the contact trying to initiate a penalty. Anybody watching this series objectively has to see that they've been flailing around like Oshie all over the ice. Look at Perrons penalty in game 4, skating side by side up the ice both trying for the edge and I can't remember who it was ,but Perron gave him a little elbow and he fell like there was a grassy knoll somewhere. Skates up in the air backwards, they are pussies.

The Bruins got away with a lot in that game and I don't think the ref wanted to call something that was that blatantly sold.

We are going to pay for it in a suspension and biased officiating in Game 6. Our guys will work through it and win.
Is it a trip if he was playing the puck? Acciari said he was shaken up on the play. If that's the case, he may very well have injured himself trying to sell a penalty. He definitely seemed to fall harder than he should have.

insideout wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:39 pm
BluesSK wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:33 pm

Is it a trip if he was playing the puck? Acciari said he was shaken up on the play. If that's the case, he may very well have injured himself trying to sell a penalty. He definitely seemed to fall harder than he should have.
The bicycle kick was a bit over the top.

Watch. Acciari knows Bozak is coming, turns around and throws hmself back when Bozak intiates contact. He throws his arm up and kicks with his RIGHT leg which was never touched by Bozak.

Bozak does go for the puck but he does put his leg out to gain leverage over Acciari.

An experienced ref is going to call a trip but he doesn't want to be shown up on a sell job.

Acciari's head never touched the ice so I think the only thing that got injured was his pride or he strained something on his bogus leg kick.

Edit: Sorry, wrong leg. I'm a left-hander.
Last edited by BluesSK on Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BluesSK wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:01 pm Watch. Acciari knows Bozak is coming, turns around and throws hmself back when Bozak intiates contact. He throws his arm up and kicks with his LEFT leg which was never touched by Bozak.

Bozak does go for the puck but he does put his leg out to gain leverage over Acciari.

An experienced ref is going to call a trip but he doesn't want to be shown up on a sell job.

Acciari's head never touched the ice so I think the only thing that got injured was his pride or he strained something on his bogus leg kick.
He actually goes to grab his leg like it was injured, but he grabs the leg Bozak never touched. It was a complete sell job that backfired. Watch it at live speed. The physics of it just don't add up. It just doesn't pass the eye test.
KA-KAW!

BluesSK wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:01 pm Watch. Acciari knows Bozak is coming, turns around and throws hmself back when Bozak intiates contact. He throws his arm up and kicks with his LEFT leg which was never touched by Bozak.

So if we're calling it as it should be called, it would be offsetting 2 minutes for tripping and 2 minutes for unsportsmanlike conduct. No goal, but not power play either.

insideout wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:23 pm

So if we're calling it as it should be called, it would be offsetting 2 minutes for tripping and 2 minutes for unsportsmanlike conduct. No goal, but not power play either.
It's a judgement call. It's all up to the discretion of the ref.

If Acciari didn't sell it, how egregious of a trip would it have been? I really think referees hate being shown up on calls so he didn't.

We didn't like the Tarasenko and Binnington flops in game four and I'm surprised it never bit us yet.

I'm surprised and disappointed at the amount of homerism on this forum concerning that play because I thought we were better than that, not a bunch of whiners like Sharks and Bruins fans. Everyone in the hockey universe but Blues fans know that was a clear trip that the ref simply missed it for some reason. If the logos were reversed we would all be screaming bloody murder about the missed call. Even Bozak knew it was a penalty. That's why he threw his hands up in the typical "It wasn't me!" pose that all players use when they just got doing something stupid.

However, I refuse to feel sorry for the Bruins or apologize for catching a break. God knows we've been on the losing end of MUCH worse. My only response to them is "OK, we caught a break. Shut the hell up and just deal with it!" :D

NHLTIM wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:13 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:08 pm Guys come on, that's a trip, clear as day. Let's not overthink this. The good guys caught a break and took advantage of it.

Exactly Dave
It was a trip, but could have been called diving too. I think as someone on NHL Tonight said, the Bruins have used up their well of getting calls due to constant diving, bad hits, and just have BM on their team.

Was it a trip; yes. Was it embellished. Yes. Was it a good non-call for the Blues...fuck yeah, and I'll take it every day because as you said Tim, every year the team who wins the Cup (or most sporting championships) , they almost always have some amount of luck and/or calls go their way. No need to defend the non-call and get too technical with specifics and breakdowns. It is what it is and our St. Louis Blues are ONE FUCKING GAME FROM WINNING THE STANLEY CUP!!!

That my BNF friends, that is all that matters :)
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:44 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:13 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:08 pm Guys come on, that's a trip, clear as day. Let's not overthink this. The good guys caught a break and took advantage of it.

Exactly Dave
It was a trip, but could have been called diving too. I think as someone on NHL Tonight said, the Bruins have used up their well of getting calls due to constant diving, bad hits, and just have BM on their team.

Was it a trip; yes. Was it embellished. Yes. Was it a good non-call for the Blues...fuck yeah, and I'll take it every day because as you said Tim, every year the team who wins the Cup (or most sporting championships) , they almost always have some amount of luck and/or calls go their way. No need to defend the non-call and get too technical with specifics and breakdowns. It is what it is and our St. Louis Blues are ONE FUCKING GAME FROM WINNING THE STANLEY CUP!!!

That my BNF friends, that is all that matters :)
Acciari's skating backwards as Bozak's going for the puck and they collide.... tough shit Acciari. Bozak didnt go 150 feet to ring him up... as the Bruins fans said about the hit on Thomas. "Clean hit !"