Re: GDT: SCF Game 3, 6/1, Bruins @ Blues, 7p, NBCSN/KMOX

barnburner wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:54 pm
stlblues1226 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:51 pm Sorry, but Chief finally did something I don't like. Pulling the goalie with 5.5 minutes left. Not good.
What does he have to lose?
He's got a better chance of winning Mega Millions and Power Ball on back to back nights than getting 3 goals without giving up any. Might as well pull the goalie after you give up a goal until you tie it if that's how you're going to do things. It's just not smart.
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!

stlblues1226 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:59 pm
stlblues1226 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:51 pm Sorry, but Chief finally did something I don't like. Pulling the goalie with 5.5 minutes left. Not good.
He's got a better chance of winning Mega Millions and Power Ball on back to back nights than getting 3 goals without giving up any. Might as well pull the goalie after you give up a goal until you tie it if that's how you're going to do things. It's just not smart.
I disagree. If he doesn't do it, they have zero chance to catch up. Maybe he only gets 1 chance in a hundred this way, at least it's better than none.

barnburner wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:02 pm
stlblues1226 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:59 pm

I disagree. If he doesn't do it, they have zero chance to catch up. Maybe he only gets 1 chance in a hundred this way, at least it's better than none.
Well, I think by pulling the goalie, they have zero chance to score 3 times and give up none. Only way I do it is if the Blues have a full 5 minute 5 on 3 PP. Look how they look on the PP. They play better at 5 on 5 than they do with a man advantage. It's just stupid.

I am not going to change your mind and you aren't going to change my mind.
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!

BlueinNy wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:07 pm
barnburner wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:31 pm Nothing is more frustrating when they pass, pass, pass, pass, then lose puck posession, wasting the entire PP.
How many passes on a power play before it equals a goal? Pathetic
Exactly. In that situation, You need one shooter, and 4 guys crashing the net.
Boston was content as hell to sit in the passing lanes and let the clock run out.

barcthespark wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:13 pm
stlblues1226 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:09 pm
BlueinNy wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:08 pm
I've been calling to weaponize his shot for 2 games.
I've been calling to weaponize it for 2 months.
Unfortunately they didn't go with our plan. They chose to go out with a whimper.
Instead of using Parayko bombs, they've gone with Iraqi scud missiles.
Last edited by stlblues1226 on Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlueinNy wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:16 pm It's time for Edmundson to sit, way too many mistakes, Colt55 needs to move the puck faster, this shit of sitting behind his net and reading a few chapters of war and peace has done nothing to help the offense. Fabbri is a waste of time and Perron well, he's Perron, good for 1 maybe 2 stupid penalties a game.
What the hell has happened to Edmunson? He was the #3 d man on this club at one time. Now he can't do much right.
I'll give Perron credit for one thing. He keeps fighting and agitating, and scrambling.
Too bad his attitude isn't contagious.
Last edited by barnburner on Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Blues came out tentative tonight. Maybe they were nervous to perform in such an important game in front of their home crowd. If so, that's a bad sign. They didn't have the jump in their skates. They were losing most of the races to the puck almost from the start. Then, when things started to go bad, they lost confidence, and became panicky in their own zone when the faster-skating Bruins were hard on the forecheck, and in their faces before they could even control the puck, never mind being able to get off a pass cleanly. I hope they'll come out with determination like they have after almost every loss in this year's playoffs. Then they can win Monday night's game and be tied up again. It seems as if the losing coach adjusts, and his team wins the next game. But, Boston won first, so, The Blues will have to win 2 in a row.