Re: Allen will be the Blues playoff goalie (opinion)

MondayNightMiracle wrote:Elliott just picked the wrong time of year to have a a couple of bad weeks. If this were the middle of the season I imagine that he'd have been allowed more games to work himself back into form as I don't think Allen, or anyone could have sustained that level of play that Allen has had the last month.

Allen's been phenomenal this last month and stood on his head in games that the blues were giving up two or three odd man rushes and breakaways a period. The defensive lapses concern me and I hope they get that fixed because it could come back to bite us.

Allen is definitely white hot right now and I can't imagine you don't ride him until the wheels fall off.

As for Elliott being gone next year I doubt it. I'm not sure where else you can find another goalie of his calibur for as cheap as he comes, and I don't think we have anyone in the system that's ready to play in the nhl.

I got tickets tonight so I'm hoping our boys come out amped up and ready to play. I was watching the games last night and there is nothing like playoff hockey. This truly is the best time of year! :)
Totally agree with you MondayNightMiracle.Elliott picked the wrong time of the year to go in a little rut. Allen, Got the Hot Hand and ran with it. Will Jake keep it or run with it. I hope so but I don't care who is in Blues net .Just Play well and Win and I am very Happy Blues Fan.Elliott like you said has a contract, that pretty reasonable for the Blues.Unless Allen Runs with this now and Elliott doesn't like this situation .I think he is back next year.I love this time of year.The Dash at the end of the year for playoffs and IMO the 1st Round of the playoffs, is really fun to watch with all the different story lines.Lets Go Blues and get that 1st game playoff win tonight ,to get off on the RIGHT Foot or Skate. :D
Last edited by oldbattler on Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Allen will be the Blues playoff goalie (opinion)

MondayNightMiracle wrote:As an aside I would just like to add that it's quite refreshing to have a whole thread discussing the finer aspects of goaltending - near and dear to my heart as that's my position when I was in high school - with genuine debate and no trolling.

Playoff hockey tonight ladies and gents!!!! We are 6 hours away!!!!!!!!!!!
No we're not! We're 3 1/2 hours away....what the hell is wrong with your clock???? Laughing at you........St. Louis Elliotts.....and on and on and on and on and on and on and on.......

That more like what you expect in a goalie thread? Sorry, sometimes my smart ass tendencies just get the better of me. :lol: :lol: :lol:

LET'S GO BLUES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!