Re: GDT: SCF Game 1: St Louis Blues at Boston - 7:00 - NBC - Mon 5/27

I'm not happy at all. I knew The Bruins would be rusty after 11 days off (WAYYYYY too many to stay competitive in the playoffs). I figured that The Blues could dictate play early and build up a lead that would give them confidence , and get them in a groove playing THEIR game. I hoped that would carry them through the rest of the game. But, as soon as The Bruins got their legs under them, and turned on their speed, won puck races, and started getting in The Blues' faces seemingly instantly, as soon as they'd receive the puck, The Blues lost their poise, played sloppily, agave up the puck a lot on weak passes, just trying to clear the puck out of the zone. That just leads to a fast team just bringing it back into the offensive zone very quickly, and the defenders tiring out quickly. The Blues ended up on their heels most of The 2nd, and ALL of The 3rd, taking bad penalties and tiring out.

I hope Berube has an answer to that problem. The Blues rebounded against Winnipeg and Dallas, and San Jose. They're certainly capable of doing that against Boston, too. I just hope they do just that.

Re: GDT: SCF Game 1: St Louis Blues at Boston - 7:00 - NBC - Mon 5/27

BluesSK wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 10:22 pm I really didn't like the Krug hit on Thomas. If that would have been a Bruin getting levelled like that we would have gotten a penalty, guaranteed.
I'm not saying the Blues are saints by any means because they're not, but at the risk of sounding like "that guy" I do think the calls went against the Blues tonight. I was really hoping that when we reached the Finals the refs would let the players play and not call ticky-tack penalties, but only those things that affected scoring chances or obvious penalties (I'm looking at you Perron). Both the Bruins and Blues are physical teams that have earned the right to finish checks and give the odd face wash, so I would prefer the refs call only the egregious penalties that affect the play/flow of the game.