FTP: WCF Game 5 Sharks 05/19/2019

Sharks fans know how to whine: “Bad refs, bad Blues fans, bad NBC, bad Blues players, bad Kane post, bad world, bad injuries… because of the bad Blues goons” and so on… :cry:
BTW, there are some quotes about how bad the Blues HFBoards forum is.
I’m wondering, if all those fans from the other teams know, that we like to create those FTP threads for years now for a good read after a Blues win :lol:

The original thread link is here:
https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/ ... x.2647747/

Page number: 1

Back to reverse jinx...
Early game, Karlsson left his groin in St. Louis, Sharks lose 6-3.

We need the biggest Brent Burns butt blast yet tomorrow.

why noon...
just win.

9-2 ref louis

pretty worried tbh

Early game. Why play.

Just give me the same jones from friday and we're good

We haven't lost a game 5 yet, no reason to start now

Noon game with a half dead roster? Yeah we're ****ed. :/

Just win the damn game. Let's take this round in the next two and not have to play the 7th....please!!

Time to grab ahold of the series.

Noon... ugh.
6-2 Boos. Because NOON.
Have to work until 7 too... FML.

Sweet to see Sharks being represented, even if it's for a Valtrex commercial.
#lifegoals #wrapitup

OMG Im dying!

I think the Sharks will take this one. They'll feed off home ice, and maybe they'll be better adjusted to the early start since it'll feel like 10am to the Blues(?). In fact, I'm gonna say that if EK sits out they still win because it fires up the D and gets them to step up to the moment and fill the gap.
And if EK isn't feeling better than he was at the end of the last game, he SHOULD sit out. It was painful watching him hobble around out there.

They dirteh!!

I also wanna say slo you the real mvp for making all these great GDTs

You my bro, foomanchu!

She looks smoking. He looks like his brain has been smoked.

45-0 Blues

2am start for me, please make it worth it to stay up!

Odd number games. 9-1
Outscore the opponents 43-28
Even number games 1-7
Outscored 14-28
Talk about jekyl and hyde yeesh.

I feel as if the Sharks are the only team this post season that is really fighting injuries.
Kane, Karlsson, Pavs, Vlasic, Haley, Donskoi and you've gotta assume Gumby as well.

Page number: 2

Labanc gonna go off this game. Two goals, 1 assist. Wrister through traffic beats Binnington low glove, and tip play from Braun goes in. Assist is on the PP

A band I like had a kickstarter campaign and I donated enough to meet them for coffee today. Right at face off. Can't re-schedule, so it's the DVR for me.

Maybe the Sharks without Karlsson can do what the Warriors are doing without Durant?
Feel about as good as this game as I did going into Game 5 of the Vegas series which could be a good thing I guess.

I'll be there. Cheering from above. Watching a Sharks victory. Who's with me?

Sharks 3-2
Nyquist, Couture, Jumbo
Thomas, Steen

Noon?!?!?!
Booooooo.

I think Burns is pissed. He looked more agitated after the 1st last game. He may be taking more "runs" at guys today or blasting a shots high as it's obvious the Blues don't care about opposing players safety so why should he. If Karlsson cant go probably be more of a defensive grind 3-1. If he is probably more open style by necessity 5-3. Sharks should win.

Yeah, that's not how time zones work. It'll be 2:00 STL time when the game begins so if anyone is better adjusted to the start time it'd be STL.

Don't feel good about this one. Seems like injuries are starting to make a real difference.

What is their record when you don't watch the games? If it's bad I'm going to pay that band more money to have coffee with me.

Hopefully Heed is in for EK. Imagine if we had a healthy Simek as well.

Imagine having an insider that could tell us if EK65 is playing or not - 1.5 hours from puck drop.

I had no idea this was starting at noon. Instantly scared and nervous

Speak of the devil

Was thinking Kurz took the day off.

Since Ryan is only allowed 5 minutes a game and Haley/Sorenson seem to get the same, I'd rather dress 7D and have Heed in for some insurance in the event we get Boston EK

Maybe they can just watch hockey with you.

I figured he'd be in. He wants a big contract he's not gonna miss games lol

Yup. Haha

It's possible EK just felt a sharp pain and freaked out and they took him off the ice. Anyone who has ever played any sport has tweaked something and then been fine after the game, so best case scenario, it was nothing and he's fine.
Worst case, he's going to barely skate today.

Man putting EK65 in is going to bite us today. If he can't skate and pivot he's a liability

Karlsson in. They really need to dress 7 dmen and only put him in during offensive zone faceoffs and PPs.

Agreed. Scratch Sorensen and dress heed

If karlsson is playing he better not be on 1 leg and then we're forced to play 5 on top of him being a major liability on ice

Page number: 3

Tonight? So the game is going to 7 OTs and he'll make his debut when everybody else is dead tired?

Ask them to watch the Sharks game with you instead.

I think whoever wins this game is going to lose game 6.

Par for the course! I think whoever wins this game takes the series!

I got bloody Mary's going, who the hell schedules a nooner

Watching the replays of the 3 sharks penalties they called last game and the Blias hit got my blood boiling. Anyone who is saying ref jose has not been watching the games.
I think the league has made it clear. Open season on headshots on SJ, and for penalties **** them as much as you want. If you make ANY mistake in their favor, you're done for the playoffs.

Haley in Sorensen out.

Bummed Haley is in. Thought that Sorensen Goodrow and Donkey 4th line looked good the other night

Sheng Peng had a good point. If Sorensen and Haley are banged up, which seems as if they are, you've gotta be super confident in EK65s health not to dress 7 defensemen this game. If Karlsson is still injured we could be playing with 4.5 defensemen today.

Agreed. They were probably the most consistant line on friday.

Agreed. This is worrisome.

More like Deboer thinks Heed being on the bench will cause them to lose.

Morning boys who's ready for this?

I hope the Sharks come out with some urgency early. Scoring the first goal will be nice.

NBC: Karlsson is totally hurt, and he's going to be a major liability tonight. Meanwhile, Binnington has been a rock all playoffs.
Karlsson this series: 4 points, +3
Binnington this series: .884 SV%, 3.21 GAA

The lack of actual facts being a prerequisite for proving any theory disappeared so gradually no one even noticed.

The funny thing is that they actually briefly showed Binnington's stats in this series when they showed him warning up.
The announcers didn't mention or even acknowledge the stats though lol.

The different between pregame productions between san jose and st louis is crazy.
San jose PA announcers just gets into it. St louis PA announcer just sounds so bored.

Being unflappable as Pierre just said is a nebulous concept that doesn't require stats, so if they want to call him unflappable that's fine, doesn't mean he's playing well.

Start fast and play a full game please

I would live to see them put Ref Jose on the boards

OMFG KANE CMON!!

Easy to forget since it was only 61 games.

Page number: 4

wow what a start

Haha immediate post. Where was the Blues stick to tip that in

Kane please start scoring...

SOB

kane really needed that, **** me

Hertl is lookin good tonight. I'd move Donk to Thornton's line

Karlsson cant skate. Not 1 bit at all

Karlsson looks slow as ****

Good start but if they don't get one soon I'm scared.

Sharks are skating good

EK65 in the lineup is a huge mistake, he can't skate. And as much as I support having Haley or a Haley style of player on the roster, this is not the game for him. Gets penned in on his first shift due to lack of handles

Minus karlsson lol

Did they bench Dillons ass?

PDB should be fired for not icing Heed

Why is it always melker with the 1 on 1 with the goalie?

I'd like to see Patty come to one of these games

Melker can have an open net and he'll miss wide 10-10 times

Every single line looks gimpy.

Not a good turnover by Karlsson.

Thanks, Erik.

If ****ing course

That... Seriously?

Turnovers

I hate this team seriously

Page number: 5

That was all dillon. He let it go straight through his feet.

Another goal off a shark skater?

That was just dumb and if they continue to be dumb go blues....

5:50. Making progress.

This could be a long game....

Also why is Haley in this game

St louis' 4th line doing actual work while melker missing wide open nets, and haley doing jack ****

Intangibles

They keep on saying how bad of a pass Karlsson made. Am I the only one that thinks Dillon could have done something besides watch it go right through him?

Sorensen is hurt, it seems. Didn't take warm ups.

It's a proh-cess

Dominate and give up a **** goal, the Sharks way.

I'm impressed that Sundqvist didn't immediately dive after he shot that puck.

And **** Melker Karlsson.
Guy can't finish ****.
He used to at least be good for a pretty nice goal once in a while, but he's not even good for that anymore.

Pavelski is weighing down every line he plays on. Not good.

I remember when I thought San jose's depth was going to dominate.
Seems like Colorado and now St Louis is getting more from their bottom 6 than San Jose.

Deboer is a ****ing moron when the 4th line was one of our better lines last game especially on the road. This whole series we're getting killed by a ****ing 4th line

It's not so much the pass, it's the decision to pull up where he did in no mans land and try to make a play from there.

Radil is 4x the hockey player

Nope he made the perfect pass to the open man. And dillon just decided to step out of the way of it.

Haley has a specific purpose and a role for this team, but not in this game or series

Karlsson already mentally in New York?

Outchance the opposition for the first 5 minutes, immediately give up a goal on a stupid turnover
This ****ing team, man

Melker, what is it you would say you "do", here?

That was a bad pass. He seriously handcuffed Dillon.

Page number: 6

Or the playoffs

Not really.

EK65 is so unlikeable right now, skating is one thing but he's so careless with his passes in his own zone

Or on the ice. It is exuding intangibles in the locker room and press box.

Such a shorks goal to give up.
Go dominate for five minutes, don't get a goal, and then the other team scores off a turnover.
Seen it happen too many times and I start getting nervous when they're dominate and aren't scoring.

Yes really

Not at all he's been a ****in mess these whole playoffs

Nah

If that pass handcuffed an nhl player then dillon needs to get off the ice. It was right to him with dillon facing the pass.

Just not sure how Pete sees our 4th line cycling and hemming the Blues in their zone last game and thinks "hmmmm this line needs one piece to make it complete" and inserts Haley

Yah huh!
(I don't even know what I'm arguing, just continuing the deep discussion)

This teams defense is just BAD

I hate this guy more than Haley at this point.
I know he's not as bad of a player as Haley (but he's still pretty bad) and that's probably why I hate him more.

sharks looking terrible since that goal against

They're just playing super high risk trying to get ahead.

STOP MAKING HOMERUN PASSES, YOU'RE NOT GOOD AT THEM

oh god its a day game

Man entering their zone seems like such a challenge this whole series, and they seem to just walk right in

If you don't get home runs you become the Giants.
Don't become the Giants.

Day games = shorks hackey

Its weird because its seems all the Blues goals comes from their bottom 6. Their leading scorer isnt even PPG.

Sharks look done to me. Too many games and Blues want it more.

I ****ing hate melker

Melker should have a Richard trophy with all the prime chances he gets.

Melker flubbing another grade A chance God I hate him

Page number: 7

Strongest Kane has looked in a long time if we need a positive

Kane has looked better here but he did not play Schenn well on that 2-on-1.

Melker got tied up there. He definitely hasn't been great, but that was not an easy play.

This team is looking to get down 3-0, that goal killed them

It is. His postseason has been so bizarre.

Sharks look dead after that goal let's gooooooo

Just lose now instead of getting swept by Boston

this is vegas game 7 all over again. decent first couple of minutes, let in a goal and throw in the towel.

Hertl has been really weak on his skates. Wouldn't surprise me if he hurt his foot blocking a shot.

When Kane hit that post I just knew.

Better hope the refs bail the Sharks out again

He's played horrid since he slid into the net

I never want to hear Pete's stupid voice ever again

Me too I said gonna be one of those

I feel like we need a hostile takeover to fix the Bad Boys Bail Bonds' season tickets. Seeing them advertising behind the bench always makes me feel gross.

Blatant ****ing headshot there by Barbashev. Just ridiculous.

Another high hit. No penalty lol

Ref Jose....what?

Lmao nice hits

Uncalled headshot

Blues are the only team allowed to get away with bs hits

Ref Jose is dead.

rEf jOsE
Interference followed by late headshot. Ok, now I know why Haley is in. If we're down late, go headhunting on their stars. That's like 5 now for them.

Headshot not gets called. Don't complain to me that the sharks are getting all the calls.

Someome better be suspended next game.

Page number: 8

Good non call, headshots don't normally get called

Ref Jose, though, amirite?

That series of plays is why not finishing your checks is ****ing dumb

I like Timo going for Sundqvist's legs.

These headshots have gone uncalled all series. Sharks need to get mad. Score!

"Does a good job of separating them."
Now try calling the game correctly and we'll have something.

Head shot Louis

That was a lot of headshots on one shift

You mean season, right? Uncalled all season .

I'm so sick of this team God damnit

Good non call refs headshotting Sharks is legal

Difference between the blues and the sharks. Blues hit even when shark players turns after making a pass. Shark players turn away and lets them go.

Jesus Braun. Shoot for a rebound.

Good Lord. EK65 is painful to watch.

Screen that bastard

Head shots and interference is what st Louis is living off of.

Hard to watch Karlsson right now

All playoffs...it's a ****ing joke

He's providing energy

But don't call them soft

Maybe it's time for Doug Wilson to cry to the media about officials not protecting players.
Everyone else who has done it has had favorable calls after.

That's a less obvious delay of game than the one in game 3

Get ready for a disappointing pp

Lol ok

OK Steve Spott, work your magic

I think Goody's stick hit that

Page number: 9

This is a must score on this PP. Enough is enough.

Deflected off the air

HEY! maybe if we score on the powerplay our chances to win will be high!!!

Well, you've got to call those delay of games, that play just isn't safe

Problem is that Haley seems like an old school hockey code guy. I can't picture him going headhunting

The refereeing in this postseason for all teams has been so unbelievably awful that the league should be ashamed. If they don't address it after the postseason I don't see how the playoffs won't devolve into a violent melee.

Seriously, **** them. Buy ads like everyone else if you want ads.

Bust our ass to enter the zone only to give it right back. C'mon guys!
Got to take advantage of this PP

Anyone here optimistic about the next 2 minutes?

Spott Special incoming.

He barely hits anything, he's useless

They call that delay of a game with 3 sticks around the puck. But cant call a delay of the game penalty when there was only 1 stick around the puck and that was the one shooting it lol

Hell nah

I think it's time to start crashing the net hard. Really, really, really hard.

Not retaliating to questionable should be a good strategy because we'd be on the PP (for whatever that's worth) all game. Unless the refs don't call anything, then they're just asking for something ugly to happen back to the Blues in retaliation, and at this point I wouldn't even feel bad.

Injured Karlsson is a dumbass

Finally Burns in the oven on spot

What a joke.

They may even pay to advertise for all I know, but it still is a strange message to send.

Once blues cleared that's the end of the pp

Look at the chances when we screen him

And they never pass to him lol. Always between karlsson and couture.

Forcing passes.

****ing garbage ass pp

Did Boogie run the PP when he was coaching here? And was it good?

Page number: 10

Burns needs to go mad queen.

Gotta love our entries

It took 65 pp opportunities, but they finally put Burns and Couture on their 1 timer sides
Progress?

New strategy. LaBanc/Karlsson on at the point. Hertl/Pavelski/Burns down low.
Burns is a freaking load to handle down there. Why not? Definitely couldn't be worse.

PDB needs to be fired for icing a 50% EK65 over a 100% Heed and Haley over anyone with offensive skills

Is that Kane's 1st hit this series?
I've missed his actual game.

Spott is ging to listen to you. Melker QBing the power play from now on.

This game screams shut out or just 1 goal

All the time to make a play and it ends up back in your own zone

How does the roster and coaches change but this team is still pathetic gutless chokers?

Couldn't be any worse

Do you not remember game 2 against Edmonton?

All the time in the world behind the net, pass it to St Louis.

I'd ice Karlsson for big offensive moments and Heed for Haley.

What sharks are doing isn't working.

Imagine if Binnington and McKinnon had a kid

Ek65 at 30% better than heed?

Not bad period.

Lol the horn sounded strange

Pretty dismal first...

Cant watch this fking joke of a team anymore, I'm done.

7 D was probably the best move in this one.

Nathordan MacKinnington

Yeah what a stupid decision to play him.

Page number: 11

When was the last time St Louis scored without the goal or primary assist coming from a shark?

He had one earlier in this game.

Haley might have more skills than Melker at this point.

Outshoot 11-4, down by 1. This is so much Sharks hockey I can't.

Pisses me off that the Sharks don't finish their checks or initiate contact. You don't have to be a big team to be physical.

Plenty of game left, but I feel the next goal is huge

typical missed headshot. sigh

Feels exactly like last game. Blues are **** and get four 4 shots on goal but they're winning.

im not feeling positive about this. hope they can prove me wrong

He can't skate. It's that simple. EK65 is a world class 2-way defensemen and Heed is arguably a 6/7 on most teams. Still, at the end of the day, if you can't skate you can't play. I'd strongly prefer Heed out there.

The Blues aren't a fast team and they look faster/quicker than us. Just losing my faith in our ability to generate the offense to win this series.
Side note it's F'n absurd how much crap away from the play that the Blues get away with. The subtle hooks, cross checks, and holds are absurd. I thought this was the crap the NHL tried to get rid of.

Damn haha fingers crossed they have more hope in their dressing room than we do on this board

Shot clock means nothing. One of the worst periods by the Sharks this playoff. Blues played about the best road period they can.

I could have gotten on board with that as well

This organization is cursed, once you out on a sharks jersey you're bound to be losers in the playoffs. We can ice an all star team and still find a way to get owned by a stupid goalie, dominate a game only to lose by bs goals off our own guys and just not go for the kill when the chance is there

I bought a new bottle of Jameson on Friday and I'm almost out. Sharks Hockey

Haley prevented that headshot on Hertl, good call by Pete getting him in over heed

Series is over. Stl fans sucking their toes

He prevented 8 headshots that period but you didn't see them because they were prevented.

I'm not upset. I guess per the hockey gods our franchise hasn't been kicked in the dick enough. So we'll lose and lose and lose and eventually maybe one day we'll have a run where we don't play like garbage constantly.

Missing Simek.

I hate the intermission Panel

Deboer is really ****ing stupid for not icing 7D. Haley really need's his 4 minutes of ice time though...

I don't think they have ads on the boards or anything. They just send some snaggle tooth MFs with obnoxious bright yellow shirts every game

One day we will have a run where all of our stars stay healthy.

Page number: 12

Yes NBC the 4th line didn't get 2 goals off our guys in game 4

Yeah and we'll run into a goalie who's channeling the power of the elder gods and shut us out every game

Karlsson could barely breathe on the bench he was in so much pain. This loss, if it happens, is on the coaching staff. The lack of anything by Pavs and Kane also

I can't stand deboer so many players and coaches I ****ing hate on this team

what does this team have to do to stay healthy til playoff time. goddamn

Playing Haley instead of a 7th Dman is going to bite us in the ass...

And it will go unpunished because NBC didn't talk about it at intermission. It gets no extra attention and it goes away.

Some of these posts . . . We're down by 1 with 2 periods left . . .

According to Blues fans there was a lot of body on that.
I'll look forward to not hearing how none of their 3 (at least) blatant headshots because Parros will continue to ignore player safety.

That's what Milbury would call good old fashion for checking

I know it's horrible these boards are bi polar

The Boxscore, in this case, is not very telling of on-ice events.

yeah the mainboard is a wasteland. it's almost pointless for that thread to exist.

Flagged by the DOPS?

All the damn time deboer loves to pencil in Haley and melker in the lineup he rather play 65 on 1 leg costing the team whose trying win instead of Heed. I wish Wilson had the balls to fire this joke of a coach after another playoff disappointment, but he won't and instead resigned him while better coaches signed with lesser organizations

Ah I see. Still pretty tacky.

I can never take anyone seriously who thinks St. Louis Pizza isn't a travesty.

Bail bonds. Tacky? Doesn't compute.

That's true, but then it should be more heartening that they didn't play well and are only down by 1 with 40 left to play. This Sharks team has been resilient, I've learned not to give up on them.

This. That entire coaching staff needs a refresh. There is a difference between playing hurt and trying to play while injured. I supported picking up Haley for the regular season, but he should not be out there period. PDB needs to go.

Spott should be fired immediately after game six. Call him an Uber and leave him in a field somewhere.

Blues are such a mediocre team and we make them look like gods.

Never mind the fact the puck isnt even in the frame lol

Page number: 13

In case anyone wants to know how the second is going to go, Sharks will almost score 6 times, a Blues 4th liner will score off a fluky deflection, and the Sharks will get shutout. Then the Sharks will get one with 5 minutes left in the 3rd, give up an empty net goal and lose 3-1

Except the Sharks don't make them look good. The Blues just muddy the waters and make everyone look as bad as they do.

Oh goody. 2nd period.

This team goes full short bus in the dzone

Pessimism. Always pessimism.

Can't got wrong with pessimism. Its a win-win.

Just like the team...

Shoot high boys, making it too easy on Binnington with these low, unscreened shots.

Jones practically needs to hand the puck to the ref to get a whistle there.

If Karl can't go in game 6 I think Ryan has earned another look with Burns. He's been steady and Burns could use some fresh legs in a partner.

Another pinggggg

Nothing but posts.

Guess it's going to be one of those days

I've been saying it all series screen him

Don't call an uber. Just load him into the back of the panel van that takes the equipment bags to the airport and dump him out on the way.

****ing hell....

RIP season.

Yup

Jones...... really

LOL

One of those

Disgusting...

lolsharks

Jones is awful.

Page number: 14

That was horrible.

Say what you want about the defense on both goals, but Jones ****ed up bad on both of them.

Lol jones, game series done

Does he get an assist?

I have to agree with Milbury 100% on Jones

Another primary assist for the sharks.

jones needs to eat that

Goal:Schwartz
Primary Assist: Martin Jones

Blues goal was obviously coming soon after that post.

we need a timeout

Welp, by Karlsson. Hope you enjoyed your time in sj. Only managed to get as far as you did with the Sens.

so over this bull ****. same ****ty story every ****ing year

Sharks look more pessimistic than us right now haha

Yeah sharks are done

Don't see us beating this team

Call a TO. Sharks have 0 composure after that assist by Jones.

I think the first one night have been deflected, but still looked like he could have had it.
That last goal was ALL Jones though.

Dillon going for a stroll

Oh my god the Sharks look dead out there.
Hey you piece of **** Deboer, do something.

That might be the worst goal I've seen Jones let in all year. What a complete lack of awareness and focus.

The first goal literally hit the camera in the center of the net. Jones needs to be better positioned there.

Has the puck made it into their zone yet this period?

I finally noticed Melker. Threw himself full speed into the glass on the forecheck and missed the Blues defenseman by a good 6'.

like i've been saying all series. they don't wanna win.

Yay haley

Every goal STL has scored the last 2 games has SJ assist

Page number: 15

win a ****ing faceoff

It really seems like the game 3 ending put a fire in St.Louis, and Binnington specifically.
Jones has made some great saves, but he had to have that first one.

I refuse to believe the blues are better than this team but sharks are just a stupid bunch from top down

And yet he's the reason we aren't down by 5

I do that in NHL 19 and my teammates think it's hilarious

I swear the Sharks have an assist on the last 4 Blues goals haha. Does any Blues player even have an assist in the last 2 games?

Nah. Two of them SJ scored themselves.

Power play blues that i have missed?

This had loss written all over it from the time the game was announced. Doesn't make it any less disappointing though

I agree. He could have had it.
Goalies that aren't mediocre make that save. Mediocre goalies like Jones are screened by it.

Well the Blues are horrible too.

Oh hey look at that 4th line getting hemmed in the zone.

Sharks might have the lowest iq of any team in the nhl. Talented, but stupid.
Coaching staff must go.

Blues look like they have been on a power play since game 3.

Honestly after this year I'm more than 100% ok with Karlsson leaving. What a waste of a trade. Use the money elsewhere

Old Jones is back.

Useless...our 4th line is useless

This is pathetic.

What a dive

Penalty shot. Nail in the coffin if he converts.

Lmfao. These guys went full dumb dumb after that goal

Why the hell did PDB even ice Karlsson.

Here comes the third

That is a weak call for a penalty shot by the way they've generally called it but it doesn't matter. This is a pathetic effort.

Lol this team

Page number: 16

did burns get tripped?

loooooooool. this is just a joke now

Was fun while it lasted

The fans of the NHL are collectively sucking themselves off.

Screw you Jones. That backbreaking goal took the life out of the team.

Jones is still standing there waiting for him to shoot.

Ref Louis with these missed calls. Interference to set up a breakaway and they call the trip.

Warriors go down 18 points each game, and always win. Sharks give up 1 goal and cave. 3-0, see you in game 6

I can't even.

Well...

can't really name a single person who showed up to play today.

We can't even be villains properly lmao

Should've taken a timeout before that. You knew the blues were going to score

We'll always have the Vegas series

Lol everyone should've expected that one.

We have them right where we want them

how did burns ****ing go down there?

It looked that way but it's the blues no problem

Tons of time left

Everyone saw that coming.

Did burns get interfered with before that trip?

Glad I'm in an airplane and not watching this garbage

This series is over

MacKinnon !!

Page number: 17

right, like what the **** was burns on the ice for? anyone gonna ask the ****ing question?

I didn't realize the Cuda had the early game today...

Pathic

The thing that pisses me off the most is that the Blues are a **** team, so goddamn overrated. This should not be happening.

LOL!

The way the sharks are playing I'm not confident they can come back or get even one.

Could Jones be any further back in his net there?

I have never seen them just completely give up like this. 15 shots allowed in 8 minutes? Yeesh.

Nyquist doesn't get the concept of hockey I don't think. Shoot the damn puck.

Defensive coverage has been garbage today.

Yup.

I'm watching this game at a friend's house and I said to him the only way he won't score on this if if he misses the net.
Jones can't stop a beach ball today and he's out of position all the time.

3-0 is a dangerous lead. But yeah this thing is over

Watched the replay. He simply overcommitted and the guy he was "defending" one-touched it to Tarasenko.
0 penalty, all on Burns (and Deboer for overworking him). Burns fell because he was fatigued and out of position.

Clearly not. If he was the refs would've stepped in and given the Sharks a 4 minute penalty because Ref Jose.

Wait... he's playing? He's been this decade's Bill Guerin. Can't wait to get him off the team.

Is anyone really surprised? How long were they going to keep winning without actually playing well? Did they ever recover from the end of the season? Their effort and execution has been all over the place for almost 3 months.

The Sharks look rattled. Like game 4 vs Vegas rattled...I thought this team had gotten over things like that.
Sad to think that the team might have been better off dressing Heed over Karlsson (not to say that Jones is not primarily at fault for the goal against).

Well, good things I'm 4 bloody Mary's deep

Lol nbc saying sharks fans are stunned. quite the opposite of stunned actually

I don't see them winning next game.

need a ****ing break here.

Wont watch next season if this clown show of a coaching staff is back.

Blues are embarrassing us. That being said, have they scored a single goal this series that wasn't "flukey"?

I can't really blame DeBoer for the way that he has been using Burns. He doesn't really have any other choice.

Page number: 18

That was legit a perfect shot though. Also I've never understood the point of tripping a player that has back checking pressure and basically only his backhand to shoot from? EK thinks he was better off taking a penalty shot?

I'm sick of this commentating crew

Our coaching is being completely outplayed. We have no structure let alone any adaptation to the Blues system.

Lol or maybe game 7 vs Vegas rattled when they were getting run out of their own barn with 11 minutes left until, ya know...

Lol, you need to make good hits. -Pierre
Uses the Kane interference as an example

This organization needs a complete renaissance, from the front office down to the trainers. Losing is just ingrained and accepted. Flush everyone down the bowl and clean with harsh chemicals.

i knew that post 10 seconds in was going to hurt

Pathetic and embarrassing effort today. We don't deserve to play in the finals. Outcoached by Berube and company. Haley FTW!!

Even if you want to say the refs missed a lot of calls, how many goals are the Sharks scoring with this PP?

The false narrative that the Blues handled the hand-pass well is really annoying. They were slamming sticks, Pietrangelo accuses the officials of two-different sets of rules, and their GM tried to beat down the refs locker room door in an expletive-filled tirade. How is that handling it well?

This pathetic ass team can't get nothing done in the offensive zone

This game, and series, is over. We get gifted a 2-1 lead in the conference finals, and this is how we respond. This feels worse than the reverse sweep, if only because the Cup was within reach.

Now we just have to wait and see if this game is better or worse than the GoT finale.

Blues get a 3 goal lead they still attack, we lead by 1 we sit back

Playing Haley is pointless regardless what pdb says

Does Deboer even realize the Blues have the Sharks breakouts figured out? Do something else dumbass.

I like how EK gets hit 2-3 seconds after releasing the puck every time. But you know, ref Jose.

How about some of the pathetic contracts we have moving forward for years to come

Or better yet, when the sharks trail by 3 they sit back

Which idiots sold all of those tickets in 104 to people wearing blue sweaters? Sharks fans...

Equally terrible maybe?

Maybe that's the reaction the next time we get hit in the head. For all the ref jose stuff, the only thing that went the Sharks way this round was the hand pass. Otherwise, they've been screwed over pretty hard with the calls/missed calls.

4/5 of the Blues last goals have been unassisted haha

They handled it well once the NHL made it obviously they were going to "correct" the "mistake" in future games.

Christ. Someone crash the ****ing net. This is the time to create some damn chaos and all we're doing is ****ty perimeter play.

Page number: 19

Kane is a disaster. Constant mention of the big body and speed, and the guy cannot hold onto a puck or keep a play going. What a waste of money.

its more of the sharks playing a stupid ****ing system that is easy to figure out/beat over a 7 game series. has nothing to do with the blues "mental fortitude" what a joke.

and people still somehow defend our coaching staff. It's ridiculous.

That's San joses fault for not doing the same, hell they pass on hits when the blues have the pucks

i don't know if it ever was. if karlsson's groin costs us a trip to the finals it almost certainly would have cost us the finals.

This team never looked like they had it.

Like that'll change the narrative. All we're going to be known for now is suggesting that we didn't get all of the breaks....

I am torn. I am proud of this team to battle back against Vegas, and getting past Colorado, but then I see efforts like today and am stumped. Never know what team is going to show up. 2nd periods, early goals, lack of a PP, and lack of adjustments have been killers

I'm not giving up

I'm okay with DW's recent moves. His biggest flaw is holding on to coaches too long.

can't win a face-off, can't get a shot on goal

I don't get why the sharks keep falling on the ice. Did they forget how to skate?
I had to turn the sound off. The announcers love fest for the blues has me actually missing Baker.

i think we all knew if karlsson went down we would have a very tough time moving on.

Jesus

Here we go

Welp, double minor.

They probably shouldn't extend Pavelski. He's a 1 round player.

Ref Jose !! 4 minutes

Yeah... Ref Jose. Looks like he bit his lip.

Softest 4 I've seen in the playoffs

Headshot check 0 minutes
High Sticking 4 minutes.
At least they penalized the more dangerous one.

what the **** that's barely even high, his head was low

Probably about time to shut this one off

I don't watch Game of Thrones but I'm really looking forward to starting season four of Buffy The Vampire Slayer.

kill it swing the momentum

Page number: 20

Blues might get 30 shots this period.

I trick pony, it's a good trick but I wouldn't do it if there are other options

Its gonna take a goal to give us any jump. Dont see anyone getting close

Kane is the only one playing.

lol. good row. how come all of our **** players aren't just ****, but also the only ones who high stick people? wtf.

Kane finally showing up. Load up this 4v4

He's SO soft.

Sharks in full implode mode

If the Blues get another goal I might focus on afternoon baseball. Giants aren't losing yet.

Best part about this game is that it almost guarantees the Game of Thrones finale won't be the most disappointing thing I watch today.

Win a FO let's redo it

I'm really interested to see the injuries at the end. Pretty much all of their stars (save Couture and Hertl) have played much different games in the playoffs.
I'd say, jettison anyone else that wasn't injured and played like they are.

Which round did he show up for this season? I can sympathize with him because of his injuries but he hasn't had a good playoff series since we beat the Blues in 2016.

I guess loading up means putting the 2 slowest forwards on the ice, with Dillon at D.

That's not awkward, that's a trip

Well either we get a shorty and kill this or its game over

DILLON! Finally.

Well that hit was entertaining at least

whose bright idea is it to have Thornton Pavelski for 4 on 4

We are gonna goon it up the rest of the game.

Can't watch how's EK65's legs

Series changing hit by Dillon there.

Imagine hitting someone not in their head.

Dillon is getting suspended.

Burns, pass first. Shoulda shot it.

Page number: 21

Did ya'll know Paryko has a long stick?

Dillon will get the rest of the round for that hit.

Not unless he does it 4 or 5 more times

10 games for charging.

Ur a messageboard poster with a long stick

Sharks might be better off if he did.

Meh, one game left

This game feels like it's ending the series tonight.

He looks like he's skating with one leg.

what a way to end the season. With a whimper

I dunno, in March I thought Vegas was gonna sweep us.

No more afternoon games and the blues are going to run out of ways to luck into goals.
It's going 7 regardless of how this one ends.

I've heard being physical is not San Jose's game about a dozen times by the national broadcasts this playoffs.
I've also heard being physical is San Jose's edge about a dozen times by the national broadcasts this playoffs.

It's sad to see, but Thornton is a complete liability nowadays.

Sharks are done in this game and the series. Either team will not get past the Bruins anyhow. Go Boston as much as it pains me to say it

Typical sharks sadly. No heart or fight. They better understand what's at stake next game. So embarrassing

Boston will sweep.

Sad thing is Sharks looked really good to start that period before Jones' complete lack of awareness.

This is almost how they played game 7 against Vegas until they got that call

Sharks still have 0 answer to their forecheck. What does Deboer even do?

Believes in the process

Even if they come back and pull a Vegas I can't stand to watch any more of this disaster. I'm out...

We've given up 20 shots in this period. It's not completely out of reach though. If we can get one back before the end of the period we're still in it

Hopefully Wilson cans De Boer to save his own ***. Somebody's head is gonna roll after next game.

Re: FTP: WCF Game 5 Sharks 05/19/2019

Page number: 22

Use Haley more cause of toughness and leadership qualities

yeah i mean jones was better in round 2 but he is losing us this round. that play was ****ing dumb.

It's amazing how far this team has dragged this incompetent coaching staff.

Yep, continue to try the stretch passes. Good job Deboer.

I mean, we're still at like 1 goal over 2 games.

Remember when the Sharks looked like the faster team?

we cant even make a clean pass

The Sharks can't execute on anything. Bobbling pucks, horrible passes, losing track of their man...that's on the players, not DeBoer.

hey assfaces one more faceoff

that's what happens when you give up easy multiple goal leads, the other team can just commit.

not that i think it matters but that puck went out with like 3 seconds left and they just ran the clock off

I look forward to all the excuses the organization will make for Deboer and the players after the season.

Sharks don't know to handle any forechecking, have 0 breakout strategy, and continue to rely on deflections from the point. That's on Deboer.

we were. but karlsson going down is going to kill us

Don't see deboer adjusting

Todays group looks like the one we suffered with in January

Fire Pete Deboer

well to be fair, giving up easy goals the other team can just forecheck their heads off and not worry about giving up a chance.

Agreed - this is a coaching decision making and leadership issue

a coach that makes adjustments would be nice. who is on the market next season?

"We made it to the conference finals and fell short 2 games of the cup finals"
Will be his excuse to stay

WW2in color is pretty good

Injury list is a red-herring. Everyone has some minor injury of one sort or another at this time of the season. It's the major injuries that expose depth, or coaching of depth issues. Example is Karlsson and Simek.
The rest of the defenders with the exception of Burns, don't have the physicality needed in the playoffs, or good sniping skills. They gotta have something.

Man watching the replay of goal #2 has me fuming. Jones sucked all the life out of the team because of his lack of focus.

The Vegas major will also be Spott's excuse.

Page number: 23

Normally a hit like Dillon's gives you some momentum, maybe that's why they don't hit anyone?

4am, I'm going to sleep. Here's hoping Hasso comes down and cattle prods the team into a comeback win.
Good luck

Pretty wild he doesnt see a Blues player 5 feet in front of him

I checked out after the penalty shot, if the team isn't gonna show up for 60 minutes why should I?

Team hasn't lived up to its potential all season. Would have went out with a whimper to Vegas but for the Pavs injury. Weak Avs took us to 7 games, and we look outclassed here. Deboer was gifted an amazing roster and has done jack **** with it.

Phantom 5min PPs.

for real, this is beer league level of awareness. There's zero excuse for that and I have no doubt that it affected the rest of the period.

Its the worst when the Sharks dont even give you a game to watch.

well simek was a huge loss in the physicality department. whatever happened to kane is a huge problem as well, and Pavs just has not been the same since .. well since the knee injury then the head injury.

I'm gonna watch dead to me. Maybe my severe pessimism will give us hope again.

I'm all for criticism of DeBoer but at this point, the roster isn't very good.

like what the **** was that play ... he has done that several times this postseason as well. dive on that ****ing puck

The other guy who lost focus there was again Brenden Dillon leaving him wide open and drifting up to a covered forward. He made no effort to catch the Karlsson pass which is still mostly Karlsson's fault but it wasn't some hot pass he couldn't do something with if he wants. Dillon has been trash the entire playoffs.

The arena management team needs to schedule events until 5pm every Sunday in May and June.
I can't remember the last noon start on a Sunday that didn't look like this one.

This play has nothing to do with coaching. They are simply getting outskated

as it is right now with the injuries sure. ryan being worse than polak this season really zapped our defensive depth.we were supposed to have 2 possible top 4s on the bench.

Champions hunt not get hunted. This team/franchise does not hunt and they are the VICTIMS year after year. A lot of you want Deboer gone, I want Doug Wilson also gone. I want the franchise completely gutted and start over. No more of this soft bullsh*t. Good isnt good enough. Making the playoffs 20 years and going no where isnt good enough. This franchise isnt good enough so stop doing the same thing over and over and expecting something different...

I'm still ready for a new coach, time for a minor retool

it's absurd that the time actually favors the visiting team's body clocks. home ice advantage includes playing in your time zone!

Wish we could have some faith in this team for game 6, but they'll probably miss their flight

Re-watched goal 2, jones better pull a Vegas game 6 type thievery Albert game after that play. Guy was clearly not ready to go today. Not was anyone really in teal

they just need a break to get on a roll, we know they can.

Usually a player moves like that cuz they assume the passer saw someone else. How'd dillon know it was a garbage pass lol

Wilson isn't in the locker room. He has put together stacked teams. The PP and lack of adjustments to the blues change in defensive strategy is not on Wilson.
Name one coach who left San Jose in the DW era that went on to more success than they had in SJ. You can't. Those coaches get exposed with less talent and then are out of the league.

If this game was close if have faith but this screams a game 6 shutout

Page number: 24

Losing Simek sunk us

I'm having faith

yeah i figured he thought there was a man up high karlsson was trying to hit. with it coming at that velocity it wasn't a terrible assumption. karlsson's passing touch has been completely ****ed since his groin went down. given how much finesse he has, being unable to skate it up and having to muscle it has really ****ed with him.

Game 7 is going to be wild.

Sure ek65 starting was a great call Pete

Yeah I don't think the roster is poorly constructed if everybody is healthy but with injuries, it's just trash right now

i give them a good chance in game 6.

Sit Karlsson for game 6, put Sorensen back in. I think the boys can win.

Pavs is gone?

There's no Game 7.

Nice effort by the fourth line there.

Oh boy

Got elbowed in the face

I don't think I have ever seen two penalties called

They call that interference and it's rigged for San jose?
What the hell

5 on 3 r u kidding me lmfao

5-on-3 lmao Ref Jose indeed

A dynamite shift for the 4th line.

oh **** you now you call a concurrent 5 on 3

Whys it in the SJ zone

certainly not earlier when the blues committed 2

That 5 on 3 is a ****ing travesty

Haley pulled a Haley and got the extra two

Blues game plan from Game 1 was hit to injure then hope for the best.

what a ****ing joke

Page number: 25

Welp

"Good hard hit" haha yeah how about he left the Ice because he got an elbow to his jaw... which is ruined

Love the non-call on the elbow from Pietrangelo that concussed our captain. This is a really sad way for this to end.

He shouldn't assume anything unless someone says it to him in the defensive zone.

Tell me again why you started haley....nobody else in the playoffs would ever get called for that....like ever

So how is this not fixed? Someone explain how there aren't two sets of rules in this ****ing bull**** league?
They make one mistake hand pass call and have gone out of their way to give it to st Louis for 2 full games now.

All the interference in this series and they called that one. Haha so ridiculous.

Sorensen is hurt, it seems. Didn't take warm ups.

Ill call this series a win if it gets the coaching staff fired.

I missed it doesn't anyone have video of it

I hate this damn team. Sabres need to hurry up and get good.

This 3rd period is a comedy of errors.

Should've dressed Heed if Sorensen was hurt knowing Karlsson was not 100%.

No calls

Agreed. DeBoer gambled on Karlsson's word and DeBoer lost.

They have now gone high on Hertl, Pavs, Karlsson, and Braun... must've thought Braun was #65.
The refs and Blues brought whatever happens. Haley does have a place in this game, just not for a good reason.

We are missing 3 guys now

Can we start playing like the Blues and intentionally trying to injure people? It's clearly okay with the league.

Its funny how one sided the officiating has been this series, but because of that hand pass its "ref jose". ref louis.

Would have been a fine hard hit, but then he got his elbow/forearm up.

Haley should earn some minutes. AP elbow to Pavs face, headshots on EK, Braun, and Meier?

Time to call out the league. It worked for Vegas and St Louis.

All 3 series the Sharks have been jobbed. Fortunately and unfortunately when the Sharks opponent gets jobbed its at a crucial time and the Sharks find a way to capitalize.

EK65 needs to sit for game 6. Ice the most healthy team possible

Whoever is doing the concussion lawsuit against the NHL should just use tape of this series as evidence that the NHL doesn't give a **** about players getting it in the head.

Page number: 26

So many missed calls on high hits

Bruins are going to sweep the winner anyways. Rather it happen to STL than us.

Sharks look terrible, but how is it that Blues players are allowed to consistently hit our guys in the head? It's insane.

This is so painful. It's one thing to lose but seeing Pavelski and Donskoi getting hurt like that in what could be the last game they play as Sharks at SAP Center makes me want to cry.

The coach would have to be somewhat intelligent

The "main playoff discussion" board should be renamed "st. Louis fanclub" because it is painfully biased.

Deploy Haley and double shift him at this point

i forgot this was so early!! just tuned in, what is going on?

Haley is a ****

Gad dammit Haley. That was worthless. Repay them by knocking out their good players like they've done to us. That was a complete waste. You aren't even good at the thing you are supposed to be here for.

Oh that's good. Send out our goon to wake up an already lethargic roster.
**** Haley and **** DeBoer.

I wonder what happened to Hertl.

****ing hitting to injure... Blues entire game plan

I don't think there's a fanbase in the league not rooting for st louis.

The officiating is a joke lol the evidence is right in front of them with the lack of players on the Sharks bench

We don't want this to get out of control, but only after 2 Shark players were brained.

Haley can't even goon correctly. What a loser.

Wow, did they eject Haley for that? Protect the Blues much? Let them answer for their headshots

Steve Ott is a wimp lol

Where's Hertl?

Haley is embarrassing

Why am I at this game

Haley shoulda sucker punched him.

Is this exactly where we want to be too Deboer? What a dumbass. Loser mentality from a loser coach

Page number: 27

He should have just sucker punched him, if he was going to take a penalty. lol

pietranglo acting tough with the ref in between

Probably injured from the headshot by Barbashev.

You'll never believe this but he got hit in the head multiple times.

Moronic. We're down three forwards and you get a 10 minute misconduct for someone who was never going to go with you.

ive also attended a Sharks 4-0 playoff loss
I know that feel bro

Haley is so useless he can't even get ejected in a meaningful way. At least get a punch in or two hand someone in the back if you're going to goon it up.

At least 2 sharks out because of head shots. **** the Blues. **** the refs

I didn't see it, but I imagine there was probably a high hit on him with the way STL plays

Sharks lose this no matter how good the refs could have been. I'm more mad that the refs are so inept that they are letting the Blues cheapshots affect our next game.

I can't remember a team gooning their way through a series more than this.
I was all set to root for STL in the finals but I can't see myself rooting for them after this game.

meh

another penalty?????

Is the NHL done now or do they still need to compensate for a mistake?

Another penalty. My god end this game now.

If Haley gets ejected for that, there is no way he skates next game because he now has no role

If the Sharks had a good, potent PP, this series would be different, and the previous one would not have gone 7 games.
I have to say that failure #1 is the coaching staff on this issue. The PP is lame; it kills momentum. Opponents are going to take advantage of that.

Did NBC show any of the plays that injured our players like Pavelski?

Once and called it a clean check.

No

Haley literally cant go on the ice for 10 minutes if DeBoer wanted him to. Isn't that a thing HFBoards wants?

Im gonna be cheering so hard for the Bruins. **** the Blues for life. Bigger losers than the Sharks.

What's Ty Domi up to?

PDB and staff all need to be fired after this debacle. This is a coaching and leadership failure

Page number: 28

Anyone want to place bets on how many of the headshots don't even get a hearing? I'm going to go with all of them.
What has it been, at least three in this game alone?

Player safety only matters when you aren't a Shark. Sharks are okay to injure according to the main boards.

Nope. Can't show that there are two rule books.

Jesus, there's like... 7 guys on the bench...

I really hope this isn't Jumbos last game I'm SAP

Absolutely all. Not a mention.

And no DOPS tomorrow.

Ref Louis has really stepped it up the last two games. Ref Jose has been nowhere to be seen and has to turn it around on Tuesday or their season is over. Poor Ref Jose

he's probably going to play another couple seasons

I expect they'll give Barbashev a game to be perceived as non-biased. Despite the Sharks playing without Pavs and Hertl and the Blues will have Pietro.

Bruins.

Na, They'll just suspend Meier.

Seems like the Blues were trying to play hockey and the Sharks something else. How did that work out for them?

One thing the Blues have done well this game is covering the shooters, and forcing the shoots by the non-shooters on the Sharks. Guys like Braun, Nyquist, Melker, and others have gotten looks. Outside of Kane's opening pipe shot, not much by the best threats.

Maybe get the PP going here? Idk

pull jones now

I honestly can't believe how they just ignored two headshots that injured two of our best players. What a joke game.

Half our PP unit is gone

I think it started that way to be honest

You must only have watched the third. If you watched the whole game then you're just being silly.

Ref Louis gives the Sharks a consolation penalty?

lol makeup calls for ****ing the game up

NBC immediately saying it was a soft call lol

a game like this is when i wish we had a player like a scott stevens.

Page number: 29

This is the type of game where the other teams we played against this playoffs would have their GM and Coach complain about officiating. But I'm sure we'll hear nothing from DW or PDB

The only thing the sharks should complain about isn't he non called headshots. Other than that they deserved what they got

at least everyone can rejoice in main that we lost

So 4 injuries. Who is there to even play next game?

The team played so poorly it sort of takes the fault off of PDB's shoulders for not dressing a contingency for Karlsson. Still would have gotten smoked, I'm afraid.

Sharks got out played so badly I think it will look bad to blame the refs.
Now if you comment about player safety not mattering but hand passes do then you might get somewhere.

Come on Ref Jose... at least call a major for us. What do they expect the Sharks to do with a minor?

i hope they are just holding out hertl and pavelski to get DOPs to ****ing look

Shoot high

God mode jones is our last hope cuz Sharks are running out of goal scorers to suit up

I mean the Blues entered the series clearly trying to injure and nothing was done about it. I'd say that's enough to complain.

Holy crap I just read the main boards. Sharks get two calls going thier way (maybe a third) and everyone is basically saying no matter what happens the Sharks don't deserve anymore calls.
So the NHL believes headshots against the sharks are perfectly legal but not against anyone else. Is this what they meant by two sets of rules?

Don't forget the hit on Braun the league ignored

But rEf jOsE

congrats... you scored on a team that's playing how many guys down?

Good job Dillon.....you ****ing suck

Worst game ever.

Honestly, I didn't see a difference.

Let all the black aces play. It'll be fun.

Chmelevski, Chekhovich, Merkley and Ferraro.

**** the main boards and **** them for allowing such toxicity

So much baiting

Shutout? Now it's a sharks series. Sharks in 7.

No, it's up to the sharks to play the same way

Thanks refs

Yeah team is broken at this point. Everything has caught up to them.

Page number: 30

They need to tear the league a new one for the hits they missed

And Donkey as well. I think DW is going to say something about it.

Yea this might be the most toxicity I've seen out of a playoff.

****ing ref not even getting out of the way of the puck

completely out of it mentally. unreal lmao. they literally dont give a ****

It's pure cancer. We're not allowed to complain about the headshots and apparently SJ is dirty and trying to injure Blues players.

I'm done. It's too depressing and basically the entire league is against the Sharks because of 3 calls.
Oh and people called Pavelski going to the ice against Vegas a flop. So the guy is bleeding profusely on the ice and that's considered a flop. It was a really nasty hit and Stasney got off Scott free.

I mean they are probably tired as hell. Their coach was an idiot to play Haley over Heed knowing Karlsson missed half the 3rd last game.

Love this league. It's a viable strategy to try and injure the other team without getting punished in any way.
And of course the Sharks played the 2 biggest headhunting teams in the league.

It's mind boggling how incompetent the league is with regard to policing its own players safety

If so, they're really bad at it.

They are more worried about looking bad having refs missing a hand pass than they are about refs ignoring headshots because "let them play". Really dumb of the league to kick out the refs over one missed call.

Wow

Nah, the Blues have a good one coming their way next round.

lol throwing Kane out for a push....
That's something like 30 minutes in penalties for soft crosschecks

**** these commentators as well

Sharks should just get up and ****ing leave cause this has been a joke of a game. Good grief.

Really refs just ****en kick em while they are down

I cant speak for my isles brethren but you have my support at the very least.
And if you guys lose, I am rooting for Boston. Never liked the blues or their fans

Oh and for Vegas, HOW ABOUT NOT LETTING IN FOUR ****ING GOALS ON THE SAME POWER PLAY.
That was on Vegas, not the Sharks. I have never seen a group of sore losers like I saw after that series ended.

that's a ****ing joke of a call

One of the worst games I've ever seen us play. Hoping we show up for game 6

PDB better think about how he's going to get a fine in the postgame and make it worthwhile.

Wow really NBC **** you guys

Sharks players get a combined 26 minutes for misconduct on illegal, but non-dangerous plays.
Blues players get 0 minutes on 2 illegal plays that injured Sharks' players.

Page number: 31

Meh. Sharks due for their shutout and a ******ed start time so this wasn't unexpected. Plus side, stupid start time means I didn't have to watch a 5-0 loss.

Even the way it's ending, this game is like a mirror image of game 4 against Vegas

Wait that push was a 4 minute PP?

these guys want trouble getting out of the parking lot?

Welp, say what you want, but we cant win if we don't score

its recognizable patterns over the decades we've all been watching this team. they most likely are done for the series.

Parros be like "All clean. Go Ducks!"
And then suspends Haley for 5 games.

question - on the pavs hit, does the linesman have any responsibility to get out of the way? he basically stood pavelski up for that hit.

All you have to do is win 2 games.
Should be easy with the refs in your pocket amirite
But seriously, the refs arent bias, they are just *bad*, tonight proves that they aren't pulling strings for either side, they are just terrible at officiating correctly

Well at least we have the Warriors bringing another championship to the bay area. Yes we are down players, but lord have mercy we have had some piss poor efforts through the post season. Kudos to St. Louis for bouncing back after the hand pass fiasco. We all k ow the Sharks would have turtled mightily after that. It's in our DNA.

We can't score if all of our good offensive players are injured and the rest are exhausted from having to make up those minutes.
I can't ****ing believe the constant "it's so unfortunate that all these good players are in the locker room" like it's just a ****ing coincidence.

Win 2 games on a depleted roster. Not as easy as it may look.

Just when I thought we wouldn't see a new rock bottom for the season
This feels like a new rock bottom

That's what happens when you kick one of the better refs in the league out in the 1st round because a team can't protect a 3-0 lead with 10 minutes left in the game.

Hey man, try getting swept by Carolina

i am often in denial about the effect of start time but the results are just too stark to be wrong. it's a ****ing joke that this important game started at a time favoring the opponent's time zone.

I don't think that anyone would argue that that was the worst performance of the 2018/19 season.

but muh leafs

Horrible game by the Sharks and officials

Kane healthy enough to try to fight but also too hurt to contribute anything on offense. 7m a year for an embarrassment of a post season.
At least he fought Reaves

I mean, we can't win without Pavelski, Karlsson and Hertl. I can't believe what they let them get away with. I don't like to complain about refs but the reason they keep going for headshots is because they're not being called, now you've got two players out "” one who already had a concussion earlier "” because of their utter inability to call a penalty. It's just so dangerous.

It's so ****ing stupid

Is there a way to see which teams have the most noon starts? Sharks are up there

I don't think St. Louis is definitely winning the series, but I think Boston wins in the SCF.
That will be three rounds of 7 games.

Both teams came back after playing 2 games in St. Louis. Complaining of something as minor as time zones really minimizes the rest of the issues that came from this game.

Depends on how many headshots the Blues can get away with.

Page number: 32

I think less rock bottom, more this

I just laugh and relax knowing this team completely took away Vegas' golden shot at winning the cup. This team is coached by garbage, despite that, they have managed to win and be successful. The Ref's are clearly just helping Blues after screwing up on Game 3. However, I don't understand the logic that you punish a team because you are stupid and get the call wrong. NHL Logic FTW!

Wow, Deboer not playing 7D in favor of Haley is so ****ing stupid. A few of us called it. How do our players continue to get cheap shorted without calls though....oh yeah, the refs****ed up game 3 and decide to bone us for the rest of the series.

I don't know, the confidence is at an all time low because half our top players are injured and the Blues continue to get away with head shots.

Well, game 6. DO the Sharks have Hertl, Pavs, EK? We dead or wut

**** it Pete just light up the league

the blues dont have the depth to beat boston, and the sharks dont have the ability to capitalize on the power play (the bruins do) ... im not even including the injuries.

We say that about every bad game. How can it possibly get worse.

Pete needs to put the league on blast.

The worst part is that THIS IS THE GAME HALEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN USEFUL IN.
His big revenge was a play that the other team will literally laugh about after the game.

i mean you'd think so but this is just too many times the sharks have played like this in matinees. They were only in stl for 3 days no?

I think the Bruins got this

So do the two refs tonight get removed from the playoffs?

It was a good run

They called it in a way the fans won't revolt.

Somehow I missed what happened to Hertl?
They need to either sit EK65 or dress 7 D-men the rest of the way. It'll be interesting to see how they play in this next elimination game. They look spent moreso than in any of the previous games where they looked done.
No matter how fast the league gets it's still about who is big and plays physical. Even if the sharks somehow led that game in hits, it seemed like sharks hits were from children while the Blues were crushing sharks all game.
Yes pretty ****ty the way the league took away the home ice advantage with a noon start. There better be no more BS about Ref Jose this playoffs after the way they've been ****ed the last couple games with calls and non calls.

Shouldn't be any more cushioning for St. Headshot the rest of the series. The officiating will get better from here now that the handpass "debt" was paid with two high hits that took our players out.

I really don't care to see EK65 in a Sharks uniform ever again. The guy has ****ed this team 3 times now trying to play through injury. Coaching staff really cant do anything about it because if they piss him off and scratch him he may not want to re-sign. He calls the shots for another 2 days, I think.

Why is it that just the Sharks suck in noon games? Just about every other team on the planet makes adjustments. Do these butter soft sorry excuse for bums need every start time to be 7/7:30 to play with some sort of urgency. Its literally like if everything isnt perfect this team shows zero desire. St. Louis is about as piss poor of a playoff hockey team I've seen in a while to play for the WCF and they're literally toying with arguably the best Sharks team ever assembled.

The hand pass affected 1 game. The lack of accountability on headshots has affected multiple games.

At least 4 days and 3 nights. And if anything, 2pm is worse than 12 given that's when you take your pregame nap.

Barbashev headshot it sounds like. He played after it but nothing out of the ordinary after that.

But since when as Kane been relevant in the playoffs? Outside of his first 3 games against the Ducks, he's been non-existent on the scoring. If he had the same expectations of Haley, then I'd say he's doing great.
But he's a scoring winger who cannot get that through his head. I think he's leading the playoffs in PIMs.

No he doesn't, he needs to be subtle about it move on

Page number: 33

That's not how high level hockey tends to work. Gotta make reads. That was all on Karlsson.

I know it won't happen, but a couple of Blues players should be sitting next game. I honestly didnt know Parros was head of DoPS. Talk about the fox running the hen house. Wtf Buttman?

You are correct. Unfortunately, I think they couldn't care less. They rather punish the team for the League's mistake for the sake of optics.
It'd be great if there were reviews and games for St Headshot, but I rather the Sharks embarrass them with an injured core using miracle magic.

Indeed.
I think Plattner should sue the league. Find some kind of ****ing framework for the league not handling serious player injuries properly. Give examples of all the hits our players took and got concussed and nothing got down.

It's going to be so sweet to see Boston sweep the Blues. Bunch of clowns.

It will be slightly annoying if the sharks end up getting eliminated by the worst of all teams they faced in the post season.

this sharks team when healthy would be fully capable of sweeping this blues team in 4

For a league that's tried very hard to emphasize player safety, there's is no concern for player safety.

They need to come out pissed off on Tuesday

Lol, good one

By they you mean who? Our starting lineup is beat to **** and the blues won't face any repercussions.

I dislike the blues just like all sharks fans but how can anyone honestly cheer for the Boston Bruins

Kane will come out in game 6 and do something stupid and we will lose quickly and then he will be suspended to start the season.

The Bruins have already won a bunch. It's way funnier if the Blues continue to be useless. Doubly so since they've concussed 3/4 of the Sharks roster.

Have they interviewed Pete yet?

I was going to cheer for the Blues if they beat us but this headshot nonsense is frankly disgusting.

He's gonna be suspended for game 6 for the goaltender interference on Binnington.

he mentioned the hit on Pavelski and Hertl but didn't elaborate on it or dwell on it at all. He spent more time defending playing EK65 and not dressing 7 defenseman.

Pretty sure high level hockey still works in the manner that if a puck is coming your way, you're doing what you can to control it unless you're communicated to otherwise. That's not a read thing entirely.

Seto showing more emotion than the players and coaching who we have playing.

Yep. They need to come out pissed like St. Louis did after the hand pass.
I don't know if SJ has a reason to though. If only the Blues gave them reason to be angry like intentionally trying to injure players with constant headshots the entire series.

I will. I hate Chara and Marchand but what is one more Boston championship? I want Blues fans to suffer forever. Whiney *****ebags

I could expect a leave it or something. But a lot of high level reads on teams like the sharks just happen. Like hard no look rim passes etc where a point guy is expected. I can totally see why dillon left that. But its unfortunate overall and hardly the worst play of the night lol

Because they haven't been playing 'injure them' hockey against the Sharks.

Page number: 34

My sister lives in Boston so the one plus she won't get to see the Sharks play in the SCF

Main board thread is a good place to find out who to ignore.

Karlsson has to sit gm6

I'm kinda glad because I can actually enjoy the Boston win.

Hockey fans are whack. They hate on the Sharks even though everything is 100% the refs' fault and the Sharks haven't done anything wrong while cheering for a dirty head hunting team. They're acting like the Sharks are like a pitcher putting pine tar on their cap and intentionally cheating. The Sharks are not cheating. The Blues and their intentional head shots are the ones cheating but they have no problem rooting for them. Blatantly giving players concussions equal good hockey and deserving of winning. The refs screwing up and it's the Sharks' fault and they're the villains. People say they care about player safety except when it comes to the Sharks because somehow they deserve concussions for refs being terrible at their jobs. Hockey fans are dumb.

Everyone on the sharks was mentally checked out.
They must have been thinking about who sits on the iron throne in the last episode of Game of Thrones.

Blues fans suddenly okay with headshots now that it's not on Perron.

Heed and Radil are definitely coming in game 6. Maybe Gambrell, too.

That'll fix it.

I was more despondent about the Sharks after they were down 3-1 to Vegas than I am now, so there's that.

It could pull the healthy enough vets together.
Either way they'll need playoff Jones if they even have a chance. Specifically Penguins series Jones.

I feel worse about this one. In vegas, we weren't facing the uncertainty of injuries as much.

I wish checkhovich and chmelevski were a year further into their development.

Playoff Jones would almost be over kill. Blues haven't looked dangerous without the sharks looking inept defensively or good bounces.

I agree. I lean towards putting that one on Dillon. I thought he had a poor game. I think on 2-3 other goals, he left the backdoor open. Not sure if these are mental breakdowns or if they are being coached to take chances with the puck in open space.

I am of the belief that Chmelevski could handle the jump right now. Chekhovich I think needs a bit more time in the AHL.

I know I shouldn't be hyped for them but it's really weird to have these two low picks feel like such sure things. I really want them to succeed.

We'll see how they feel when Chara ends Perron's career and Pietro gets taken out. Unlike the Sharks the Bruins are equally dirty and will respond with high hits of their own.

Missed the game, can someone give a short summary? Should I have any hope for Game 6, or typical Sharks' expectations?

Seto sounds like if they gave me a mic and let me on tv.
"I'll call up Parros myself and tell him to suck my ****"

The league undoubtedly wants the stain or blemish on this playoffs (the Sharks) to go away as quickly as possible so the league can tee up and fawn all over the Blues and Bruins. The Sharks continue to remind the casual fan of controversy and that isn't good for business. Surely they are banking on people having short memories, the quicker the Sharks are eliminated, the quicker the whole Vegas and hand pass debacles become distant memories and a footnote in history.

It's ok, I'm sure the NHL will be calling the Sharks to apologize.

I would not expect the Sharks' fortunes to reverse in game 6. Injuries are taking their toll.

Page number: 35

I've missed the last couple games due to stupid start times but I'll be able to watch the next two games so I like the Sharks chances.

Flush your toilet and watch the water swirl the bowl. That's an accurate representation of the Sharks performance.

In regards to Chmelevski it's really about the reviews from people who watch him regularly, the fact that teams were asking about him at the trade deadline and his performance at the World Juniors. He clearly shouldn't have dropped to the 6th round, and he's got a good 200 foot game.

I don't care about just stacked teams and good coaches. I want an organization that stresses urgency and the value of playing 60 minute games. I want a coach that has won a Stanley cup and knows exactly what it takes to win one and get the most out of his players.
Doug Wilson has gotten this Sharks organization to the playoffs 20 something years and 0 cups! Is it not time to try something different? When Is it time to try something different if not now?
One thing I see is we are always underachieving. We are always tired and injured because we play the victim role. Always the flopping fish out of water at the end of a heartbreaking playoff run. I've watched since Thornton got traded to the Sharks and its been the same song every single year.
Doug Wilson knows how to build stacked teams but I strongly believe his weakness is he doesnt understand chemistry and the right players to get over the hump. I'll believe it when I see it but so far
0 CUPS

Never mind.

Karlsson in game 1, Braun in game 3, Hertl and Pavs in game 5. Not a single penalty. But yeah the Sharks are the bad guys.

No surprise I suppose, and combined with apparent injuries from this game too, it doesn't sound good for us.
Will of course be watching as long as they're still playing, but I won't get my hopes up.

Don't read that comment thread on Twitter, straight cancer.
You'd figure Blues fans would sympathize with us because of the no cup thing, but they are cockiest bunch of **** bags ever for having no cup either
I was gonna hope on their wagon if we lost, but all the bull**** and non sense I've read this week has made me change my tune.

I agree a coach who has won it all would help but dropping Wilson just seems like a great way to become the Oilers. The GM makes adjustments at the trade deadline and off season. The coach needs to make the in season and in game asjustments.
Deboer has not made great offensive adkustments for the breakout or in the zone. That's not on Wilson. Wilson gets the blame if he doesn't fix the coaching staff.

I know the sharks played bad but the headshots that have gone uncalled and the ****ty fanbases going "huurrr durrrr u deserve it cuz of x, clean hit" have just made me see red.
The amount of taunting going around even on these boards is straight cancer.

It's hilarious how blues fans opened the series saying Thornton was one of the dirtiest players in the league for Perron running into him and game 5 they're like "waaah sharks fans are babies these hits are fine"

Emotional responses are not logic. People can convince themselves of anything if they want to.

****ing ***** - The Hound

I was fortunate enough to miss the game for a golf trip. Was it as bad as the final score? Quick summary?

Oh for sure, it would be a lot easier for me to stomach opposing fanbases if we've actually won a Cup before. (Like with the Warriors right now.) But our history of choking and underachieving with nothing to show for it just makes it that much more frustrating.
This season especially seemed like one of our better chances, but circumstance, politics and dirtiness have all combined to come within a game of squashing that unfortunately.

I said it after game 4 but it's more true now, neither of these teams are beating the bruins. Assuming we resign Karlsson I'd rather we lose now than in a few weeks and keep our first

Not a terrible 1st period but still let up a goal. All downhill in the 2nd, letting up a couple more. Sharks enter the 3rd with 4 injuries and the goons go to work.

Pretty much everyone based on what I saw.

Probably worse to be honest

I think I've wittled down like 70% of the comments that were trashy.

I read 3 of em and was like okay im out haha before I fight someone on the internet

Yep. These forums are so toxic I sometimes question why I'm still participating.

Period 1 was like game 4. A lot of work for nothing and a goal on a badly-executed clear.
Then, the Blues turned in on in periods 2 and 3 and the Sharks did more of the same.
So, it was more like watching someone complain that the door knob should work and proceed to attempt ramming his shoulder into a door for 60 minutes. And it's not the first time it's happened. All the while, someone opens another door and robs his house.

Page number: 36

Well I hope Wilson doesn't hold onto Deboer because that would be a real big mistake.

Because HF Sharks has cake!

And surprisingly just following a box score and reading about a Sharks loss is far less aggravating than watching one. So stupid start times aren't all bad I suppose.

I come here to talk to Sharks fans and only other Sharks fans. I won't pretend to care about or know enough about other teams to engage with their fans because I don't give a flying **** about other teams.

One that would justify his departure from the team.

Sharks cake is probably fruit cake though maybe even urinal cake.

I didn't give up on this team when they were down 3-1 to Vegas but I am now.. injures and the refs are clearly content on making up for their counterparts errors. On top of that the Blues are playing good hockey. I think it's over

It's actually an amazing looking cake but it's filled with lemon juice and vinegar underneath the attractive veneer.

That and the gdt's are fun win or lose. It's good to know people feel the same about this team as I do.

It's actually a cow pie covered in teal frosting.

I've always thought of it as a brick painted gold on the outside.

Oooh, a ****-tier cake!

And as a wise man once said, "œbrick no hit back." So you may be right

Logan and Burns vs the world now, hopefully Jones joins in

It's funny as I scroll twitter only one mention of the headshots (Brodie/Curtis).... the hand pass was all over Twitter and still is honestly. Spare me the ref Jose bull****, it's oretty clear who the non sharks fan population/media tied in with the nhl want and expect in the cup vs Boston, oh and the refs too. They've been an embarrassment whether for or against sharks this entire playoffs

Balcers died for this.

But but but but you dont understand, the calls for the Sharks won them the games haha

I can't wait to find out what disappoints me more today - Sharks or Game of Thrones finale

Today's injuries are why we all wanted them to make a statement in Game 4. Hope is alive but man a rested Bruins team as waiting for the winner of this cage match and will probably steam roll us because of it.

I know I'm late to the party, but that **** sucked.

Relax guys the refs are just playing 4D chess making it look like they aren't involved in vast conspiracy to get the Sharks a cup. Laying the ground work so theyll have plausible deniability in game 7

Pisses me off, the refs ****ed up calls but we're punished for it by the ****ing idiots putting the whistles away and parros is still a dirty ****ing duck
League won't get a dime from me next year

Also our thread is one of the most active, hi main boards stragglers, it's dangerous out here

Why don't reporters ask PDB on his decision to dress Karlsson?

I missed the game luckily. Did Karlsson die?

Yes

Page number: 37

Whelp woke up to watch the game on DVR, what a ****ing ****show.
The series is over, it was after the second period of game 3 really.
Fire DW, Deboer, jettison Spott into the sun. Let Pavs and Thornton walk, sign Karlsson to no more than 10mil or let him walk and I'm not even sure I sign him at all really. Trade Dillon, Melker, Braun. Send Haley to the sun with Spott. Send Goodrow to the AHL where he belongs.
Lastly, the NHL needs to have a serious look at the reffing in their league. It's a ****ing embarrassment, and honestly these playoffs, even with the "œlucky" calls we've gotten, has really turned me off to hockey. It's disgusting the amount of bull**** that gets let go in the playoffs. Having two sets of rule books, and game managers not refs, is pathetic for a professional league.

It couldn't have been more obvious that 7d was the right choice. Even if Karlsson lasted the game spelling him would have gone a long way

That seems to be the second time that the coaching staff demonstrated utter incompetence regarding management of Karlsson's injury. The Boston game was probably dumber because on top of everything, it was also just a regular season game. I get that you want his contributions in the playoffs no matter how small, but then you have to plan for that by adding Heed instead of a useless boat anchor that plays 5 minutes on the 4th line. I get that they want to re-sign EK65 and walk around on eggshells with him, but this is just dumb imo.

Anyone see Seto's post? Hes so pissed about the hit on Pavs, calling for 3 games

How on earth could dressing 7D be worse than icing HALEY?

"It's easy after the fact". No Pete, fans were calling for Heed before the game you bozo. Only YOU didn't see the problem with EK out there on one leg

I know the Sharks deserved to lose today but once in a while the goalie needs to steal a game (game 5 against PIT in the 16 SCF with a Jones). Until you fix the goalie/defense issue, we will never win. Too many games where the sharks need to score 3,4,5 goals to win. That doesn't work in the playoffs

Unfortunately parros won't open his emails tomorrow

True, but it sucks because the sharks D is the best it's ever looked on paper, unless you prefer Wallin and huskins

Preach goddamnit preach!! I've been thinking this every damn year

I would've liked to see 7D too. It might burn out the cycle game, but at least the backend would be a bit fresher. Or Burns can always play some of his 30 min at F.

Why don't we do what stars fans did and go somewhere else
Start our own site/forum. we should be able to do it with ease

The league is a joke, they won't give anyone anything for todays game if the headshot on Braun gets nothing.
I also love how the refs suddenly start caring about roughing/interference the second the sharks start returning the favor to STL. I watched Karlsson get checked at least 3 seconds after he made a pass to his d partner behind the net, puck was miles away. Ref saw it, just let it go. What a ****ing joke.

Doesn't help that NBC or the national media say nothing about the hits. I swear if roles are reversed they show it 20x and it creates a twitter storm and every pundit chimes in.

A Sun Spott?

I'm on that small boat of not signing ek65 and Pavelski, let Jumbo walk or if he's OK with knowing we are rebuilding he can mentor the young padawans, but this franchise is owed a rebuild, today's era rebuilds are different than say 1996, the talent pool is massive.
We keep retooling, we need to rebuild.

I can agree at this point. If this roster couldn't get it done which would? It'd be nice to give some young guys more chances. Who knows what hidden gems we have...We'll never know if we have stubborn coaching decisions either.
And again, I'm not trying to be too negative. I understand that there's still a game 6...but I can also recognize patterns in the way this team plays.

I gotta say this roster being this injured has to be unlikely to repeat. Right?

Even if healthy going into next season with the same personnel...I'd be shocked if we could stay healthy going into 2020 playoffs. This team goes into the playoffs on stretchers every year. I don't understand how they're so fragile

This roster is hurt and Karl has been hurt all year. Also goaltending and team defense have been suspect all year and our powerplay needs a complete overhaul. If all these things happen the Sharks can continue to compete for years.

Take a breath all. Win game 6 and it's back home for a regular-ish time game 7.

Like a Durian Cake?

TBH even though **** the blues, I'm okay with the blues winning a cup

Page number: 38

With a healthy Karlsson and simek this team is a mile better. Might need to improve on Nyquist though.

That is rubbish. Ultimately, PDB is the captain of the proverbial ship. He makes the call. There is no way he was magically going to be back to the level he was playing at before game 4 based on the history and course of this injury. Again, this is poor leadership.

I'm thinking Hertl went to the room because they game was out of reach and they were hoping to prompt a response from DoPS. At least I'm hoping.

For a rebuild, I worry about the floor and ceiling. The floor might be pretty low since the farm doesn't seem to be that robust. The ceiling might be what we've seen for years with Lombardi and Wilson - close, but no cigar. I'm open to the idea, but it seems like retooling has less variables and offers a decent bridge to a hopefully bright future.

Been watching hockey for almost 40 years. The only time I've seen a great player like EK in the playoffs playing with a clearly serious injury making a positive impact was Mario. And even then kinda spotty. EK is a liability. He's not toughing it out, he's really injured. Come on.

5-0 game 4 loss against VGK to go down 3-1. This is a special group and they will rally. This series is going 7.

He can still play you just need to manage his minutes. I would dress 7D and just play him on the PP/ offensive zone starts.

It's so disappointing to me.
Not the loss, that happens and even if Jones only let in one goal, we would have lost.
It's the reactions from posters on here. A place where it's become, not only accepted but expected that this team be trashed after every loss. Attacking every player, the coaching staff and the management.

Funny that we aren't even out of this yet but as is common, before and after, there is moaning and groaning. Even more so, there is bitterness and hatred.
This is sports. If you don't like the team, go find another. You are not tied to this team, these players or these coaches.
You require championships?? You're going to have a new favorite team each year.
I am going to hope that our boys win these next two games. Either way, I'm proud of them. They're better than at least 29 of the teams in this league.
Go Sharks!!

Just going to say, this is game 5 in the WCF and the Sharks just got shut out at home and lost 3 important players to injuries. If there was ever a time for a melt down haha its today.

Agreed on all of this!

Boston is going to wreck the blues.
Honestly, I'd rather go out now then getting embarrased again by Boston. Too many injured, too many passengers. Coaching staff is laughably bad.

I've been a Sharks fan since day 1 like many others here I'm sure. This felt like the best chance we ever had at winning the cup. Seeing the team play today like they did today is disappointing. I have a glimmer of hope, but games 6 and 7 against Vegas will not happen this series. We are too banged up and being outcoached in all facets of the game. It will take a miracle to win, but either way I'm proud of the boys regardless, but this is a tough pill to swallow. Stop blaming the refs. We are outmatched plain and simple.

What's the end game? Play him where he'll be marginallt effective? Or rest him assuming the Sharks take the Blues and he can then be more effective v Bruins?
I don't know.

i think he has to sit for game 6, or have heed dressed along with him and only play him sparingly. he does need to be available in game 7 or vs the bruins.

End game? LOL.. you are 6 win away from the ultimate prize. Karlsson on one leg is more of a factor than any shark dman not named Burns. In the playoffs (especially when your back is against the wall) you play to win THAT game. You aren't looking ahead. Sharks are trying to win game 6.

Sharks are leading in alot of categories because they have played alot of games. St Louis has been the more physical team.. really all 3 Sharks opponents have been more physical. Sharks remind me of Blackhawks cup teams. Since midway through the VGK series, Sharks do not look to engage.

Sharks have played ONE more game than STL, and have 59 more hits.
Here's a hits per game comparison for the final 8 teams, plus VGK.
SJS - 31.1
STL - 29.5
CAR - 34.7
BOS - 30
CBJ - 37.4
COL - 29.7
DAL - 26.2
NYI - 41.3
VGK - 46.6
So yeah, hits are not the reason Sharks are losing.

Was he a factor, in a positive sense, today?

Thanks for the response. Sharks certainly haven't been pushed around these playoffs. I never once thought that after watching almost every game (never once thought thats why they lost) . They do not bully teams/don't engage after the whistle.. they also haven't overpowered teams physically. Eye test says that St Louis has been the more physical team this series.. same with VGK
My eye test says that SJ need to start throwing more pucks to the net, and crashing the net. Sharks funnel pucks towards the net all season. Sharks have made it too easy on Binnington the last two games. Look how small he looked on Couture tying goal in game 3. CRASH THE NET!!!

In certain situations he absolutely was.

The two issues in this series have been a poor breakout, and too easily being boxed out in the OZone.

Too bad those two head shots aren't going to get looked at. Hertl and Pavs are gonna play next game and the Blues fans are gonna tell us we were over sensitive about it.

Hope you guys can come back and win this series. Pulling for the Sharks here in Winnipeg.

Honestly when the players got injured and the no calls, that's just part of the game. I know Pete DeBoer doesn't have to tell his players not to complain about it, cuz they dont. And we don't. No reason to beat ourselves about it. I wouldn't mind seeing some Barracuda players slot in, will have to see how things pan out tomorrow.
Edit: Also, I definetly believe playing through a severe injury like that, can be a distraction, and I def think its not his fault for not playing as well but why not let somebody healthy in. I do think Burns has it in him to take over for 2 games, its not like he hasn't been the one doing that for years here already.

Literally all of us, who do not have access to the player and medical staff, called this prior to the game. So either Pete and the medical staff got played by Karlsson or the medical staff is terribly incompetent to the point where a bunch of mouth breathing keyboard warriors like us are more in tune with the nature of the teams injuries.

Page number: 39

i'm still pretty pissed about how easily they gave 5 on 3s.

Considering how often you hear about how they don't want to give a team a 5 on 3 so they ignore the second penalty it was pretty pathetic.
But hey at least they didn't miss a hand pass. Right?

Sharks have a problem of not following through on their hits. They gotta rock fools not the other way around. There is 0 excuses for being the more banged up team. This team is too soft and lacks killer instinct

This, Sharks have done a horrible job at this. And when someone is at the net, it's usually one of the least capable Sharks like Haley or Melker.
I think it was Sheng Peng over at FtF that said this is the playoffs, someone has to do the skating.

Just finished watching (DVR)... pretty much what I expected from a noon game. Injuries didn't help.
I won't be watching a second of a STL/BOS final... SJ definitely isn't going. Not after the bull**** today... Losers gonna lose.

I'm not saying we've lost because of hits, but that doesn't mean STL has not been more physical.
First off it's well known hits are a subjective stat and awarding one can depend on who's deciding if it qualifies as a hit. So the fact that per game we are slightly above STL does not mean we've actually hit more.
Second, when you are the one without the puck defending a bunch, you generally wind up hitting more. So us having more might be an indication of our lack of possession more so than our level of physicality.
Lastly, how many times have we seen STL players make checks well after the play, like the one I referenced earlier on Karlsson tonight behind his net seconds after he released the puck. I guarantee you that was not counted as a hit, but it certainly was a physical play, that the Sharks do not make, and the Blues have been all series because either the rules, or the refs, inexplicably don't deem that **** to be illegal.
There is no question in my mind that STL has been more physical than us, and they won't stop because they don't get penalties for any of it. There's a reason we have like 10 injured players, and it's not because we're hurting ourselves being more physical than other teams.

Go Boston. I hope the sweep.

Number of hits means little. It's been blatantly obvious that when a blue hits a shark it knocks them down or knocks them out of the play. The Sharks are hitting like a regular season team and have been for most of the 5 games. Kane, Burns and occasionally Dillon are the only ones hitting to hurt on the Sharks. It's not completely their fault. Guys like Banker, Couture, Donkey, Pavs just aren't built for the physical toll to play that game. Sharks are the more skilled team but the blues strategy is to eliminate them from the play and wear them down with big hits. No **** the Sharks had a higher number of hits today, they were chasing the puck all day with their one and done offense. The BS that some here try to promote that playing physical doesn't lead to wins in the playoffs has been proven wrong in nearly every post season of NHL hockey since the beginning of time. There is a reason you hear every color guy with actual post season experience talk about exacting a physical toll starting from game 1. It adds up.

I honestly hope STL wins the cup. With all the choking they've done it'll help me believe the Sharks will one day win it if they do.

**** that. This series isn't over yet. If the blues do move on I hope they get rolled in 4.

Aside from the finals this is as far as any other sharks team has gotten.

F that. Don't give up. Yeah today sucked, but we have two more games in this series.

How will we win with our star players getting knocked out of the game? Hate to say this but we are staring at another shut out in STL. The life is sucked out of this team.

Couture, Joe Thornton, Jones and Burns could drag our asses through the game. That, or the depth guys save us. But I do think we're just totally spent.

They were down 3-1 to a better team than this. This isn't over.
That said, they have to cut out the self inflicted mistakes. St. Louis has hardly scored any goals in this series that weren't direct results of mistakes by the Sharks. Some of that is the Blues, but most of it isn't. They need to play a great road game and grind one out.

Ugly game all around. Series isn't over, but there's some tough sledding ahead. What the Sharks needed against Vegas to come back from a 3-1 deficit is the kind of stuff you may only see once a lifetime for a franchise.
Between fatigue and injuries, you can feel this is the end. Hoping for the best though.
There's no way Boston isn't winning the cup right? Rested and most of their top guys haven't played full seasons. I will be rooting for St. Louis to win if the Sharks lose, only because the Boston area does not need another sports championship and I'm a sucker for teams winning championships for the first time.

I hate Boston but I am rooting for them if they face St Louis. 1st we had to watch the Caps get their 1st Stanley Cup and then the year after, St Louis. Screw that. St Louis fans may have suffered longer than we have but our team has been much better longer than they have, so Sharks deserve a Stanley Cup before they do.

Series isn't over. Fully expect Sharks to bounce back.
And nobody "deserves" the Cup.

Has the NHL announced that those headshots were clean hits yet? Have they issued an apology to St Louis for not calling a dive on Hertl and Pavelski?

I can't wrap my head around the logic if icing Karlsson, we had no issues sitting him reg season & our record was decent wasn't it? Putting him out there with such limited mobility?

That was a painful game to watch, both because of the attrition & watching the Sharks look positively helpless to get anything going after a fairly even looking 1st.
I watched to the bitter end, my empathy to all those in attendance, i can't imagine the frustration of the cost paid to see that performance.

That was not a fun game to watch in person. Barely any replays on jumbotron either to know wtf the calls against were either, made for a lot of "WTF is this garbage" for us in the stands. Sharks and Refs gave us nothing to cheer for.

I am NOT a serial killer. Stop saying that.

Page number: 40

Head shots are officially legal.

I'm starting to feel the same way actually. If the Sharks are eliminated I think my Hockey season is over. Besides, the Warriors are going to be in the finals so maybe I watch the NBA Finals this year.

bradleygt89 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:33 pm For those wondering....as in every single bitch ass shark fan:

SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Blues forward Ivan Barbashev will not receive any supplemental discipline from the NHL Department of Player Safety after a high hit that helped take Sharks forward Tomas Hertl out of Game 5 of the Western Conference finals, according to a source.

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/2678 ... -barbashev
thanks. been wanting to see that hit again. just love how the blues are beating them up.

BillP. wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:39 pm
bradleygt89 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:33 pm For those wondering....as in every single bitch ass shark fan:

SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Blues forward Ivan Barbashev will not receive any supplemental discipline from the NHL Department of Player Safety after a high hit that helped take Sharks forward Tomas Hertl out of Game 5 of the Western Conference finals, according to a source.

thanks. been wanting to see that hit again. just love how the blues are beating them up.
Not getting ahead of myself, just pointing out an observation: So far, we are doing to the Sharks what they did to us in '16 and the Kings did to everyone they beat to win two SC. Everyone expected the Jets to pound us down and out, and they did try, but they tried to hit everyone all the time. When the Blues at their best, they are targeting the top players of the opposing team and wearing their asses down. Just like we saw Petro, Jay Bo, Shatty and our top forwards just get worn out by the time they played in the WCF back then. This year, we don't look beat up or knocked down. The Blues are doing the fucking knocking and I love it!
"Do Only Good Everyday"

So, no upward motion, and he didn't launch himself at Hertl or even lunge at him -- elbows down... didn't leave his feet... It looked to me like he was trying to run a pick and caught him high. Could have been an interference call.

bradleygt89 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:48 pm
BillP. wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:39 pm

Not getting ahead of myself, just pointing out an observation: So far, we are doing to the Sharks what they did to us in '16 and the Kings did to everyone they beat to win two SC. Everyone expected the Jets to pound us down and out, and they did try, but they tried to hit everyone all the time. When the Blues at their best, they are targeting the top players of the opposing team and wearing their asses down. Just like we saw Petro, Jay Bo, Shatty and our top forwards just get worn out by the time they played in the WCF back then. This year, we don't look beat up or knocked down. The Blues are doing the fucking knocking and I love it!
We're also relying a lot on scoring depth, even as our top players get worn down. Of the top-10 scorers in the post season so far, 5 are on the sharks, 3 on Boston, one on Colorado, and one on the Blues (Schwartz). If you look at points per game in the post season, Schwartz is the only Blue in the top 50. It's also the scoring we're getting from Maroon, Bozak, Thomas, Perron, Sundqvist and others that's outweighing their focus on Tarasenko, Schenn, and ROR.

"I muted the tv i cant stand the love fest for the blues these announcers have"(paraphrasing)

What channel did he get to watch the game on?

All i heard was "the sharks hit the post in the 1st minute and this could be all different ".

In fact....i....dont remember anything else the announcers said...they robotically repeated it over and over
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

"I muted the tv i cant stand the love fest for the blues these announcers have"(paraphrasing)

What channel did he get to watch the game on?

All i heard was "the sharks hit the post in the 1st minute and this could be all different ".

In fact....i....dont remember anything else the announcers said...they robotically repeated it over and over
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!