Re: GDT: Game 7: St Louis Blues (3) vs Dallas (3) - 7:00 - NBCSN - Tues 5/7

BillP. wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 10:35 am
NHLTIM wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 9:32 am Schenn should get some credit last night...he brought the effort and some leadership last night. I hope they can work something out with him.
If the Blues win the whole damn thing, I think a lot of guys will be getting resigned - ha
If the Blues win they can sign Sanford to the Tavares contract and I won't care.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 11:04 am
BillP. wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 10:35 am
NHLTIM wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 9:32 am Schenn should get some credit last night...he brought the effort and some leadership last night. I hope they can work something out with him.
If the Blues win the whole damn thing, I think a lot of guys will be getting resigned - ha
If the Blues win they can sign Sanford to the Tavares contract and I won't care.
Yup. If they win it all...they have a 2, maybe even 3 month free pass from me where I won't complain about a thing.
Just a Russian propaganda account

NHLTIM wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 10:54 am Big Walt deserves a ton of credit too in regards to Thomas. We've seen how special that Matthew and Brady are and some of that is rubbing off on Thomas. Thomas living with the Tkachuk's might be the best thing that's happened to him hockey wise.
True. And you'll know this better than I, but I believe Robert Thomas's hockey IQ and competitiveness were always thought of as huge pluses for him. Wasn't he always seen as a leader of the National teams he was on? His parents deserve a lot of credit because this kid just oozes big stage and captain material. Kind of a forward version of JB50. Pressure moments? Bring em on.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 10:51 am
barnburner wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 9:46 am
BluesSK wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 9:37 am

Blais punished him. It was great to see.
No kidding. Benn it's not used to be physically overmatched. That one hit had Benn in some tuff pain. Blais should be a regular in this line up the rest of the way.
That hit Blais put on him in game 7, you could see it hurt Benn. He was wincing when it happened and on the bench afterwards.

As long as we are having a lovefest and giving guys accolades for their physical play, can we give it up for Barbashev? The guy came up as a 2nd round pick who had always been an offensive first Russian and he's not only accepted his role as a bottom 6 guy, he's embraced it and has laid some big hits not just in the playoffs but throughout the season. He was hunting Radulov every chance he had.
Good point. Start of training camp, it looked like he might not even make the squad, but all season long, he has been a force on the 4th line, and pk.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 11:08 am
NHLTIM wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 10:54 am Big Walt deserves a ton of credit too in regards to Thomas. We've seen how special that Matthew and Brady are and some of that is rubbing off on Thomas. Thomas living with the Tkachuk's might be the best thing that's happened to him hockey wise.
True. And you'll know this better than I, but I believe Robert Thomas's hockey IQ and competitiveness were always thought of as huge pluses for him. Wasn't he always seen as a leader of the National teams he was on? His parents deserve a lot of credit because this kid just oozes big stage and captain material. Kind of a forward version of JB50. Pressure moments? Bring em on.
You could see how confident he was last night. Compare that with earlier in the year when he was much more tentative. I don't know what his ceiling is point wise, but he's going to be an absolute monster for this team.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Future captain. I would bank on it.

He's Doug Gilmour.

BluesSK wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 11:24 am

He's Doug Gilmour.
Strictly on the ice, I hope.

see this?
this is how you run people away from your site. rather than take time to write out a note, detailing for them the myriad of reasons (mostly security-related) i run a script blocker (it's not just an "ad blocker"), i will simply go read content somewhere else.

given this development, please feel free to paste the entire content of an article from STLtoday on this site anytime you want. just still please also include a link.

T.C. wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 11:33 am see this?

Screen Shot 2019-05-08 at 11.30.23 AM.png

this is how you run people away from your site. rather than take time to write out a note, detailing for them the myriad of reasons (mostly security-related) i run a script blocker (it's not just an "ad blocker"), i will simply go read content somewhere else.

given this development, please feel free to paste the entire content of an article from STLtoday on this site anytime you want. just still please also include a link.
Fuck that sack of turds that calls itself the P.D.

As soon as they produce something worth passing along I will. I'm sure the sun will explode and engulf the Earth prior to that happening though.

BluesSK wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 11:24 am

He's Doug Gilmour.
Probably doesn't have Gilmour's mean streak, but that's a good call.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 11:48 am

As soon as they produce something worth passing along I will. I'm sure the sun will explode and engulf the Earth prior to that happening though.
There are a couple of writers who I think drop a good job. Thanks to someone here passing along the info, I'm using the Stltoday app on my tablet and phone. Everything on their site is available with no blockers involved.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 11:48 am

the app works just fine. I think an ad pops up after like scrolling through like 3-4 articles, but you can close it after 3 seconds. not a big deal. I appreciate the PD, even if the writing ain't always the best. Besides Sirius/XM radio and nhl.com and a couple other national websites its not exactly easy to find good insight on the Blues.

Besides, just the way my overly positive and optimistic brain works, anytime I get frustrated or annoyed with NBC, STLToday, or other media coverage, I remember where we were 14 years ago...and the games were on Outdoor Life Network, and how we were 'excited' for the upgrade to VS, and then eventually NBCSN; and also how IIRC they didn't even have a beat writer for a while for the Blues with the PD after the lockout, until JR came along. Things get better, but it takes time impatient ones ;)
SBJ200804276001-07.jpg SBJ200804276001-07.jpg Viewed 10968 times 25.74 KiB

https://www.nhl.com/sharks/news/nhl-on-oln/c-472766

https://awfulannouncing.com/2014/nbcs-n ... light.html
"Do Only Good Everyday"

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 9:36 pm
barcthespark wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 7:55 pm I was totally drained today at work and had a hard time not nodding off at my desk. The good thing is that everyone else in the office was about the same. :D
Pretty easy to tell the nerd of the office today...anyone who was well rested.
Her hey hey now...im a nerd and i was not fully rested :)
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!