Re: AJ Mleczko kicked out of the booth

Correct me if im wrong...but didnt men have to work full or part time jobs in the early life of the nhl - even when they expanded to 12 teams?

Shouldnt the wnhl have to grow itself first b4 asking for handouts?

(Yes i realize this sounds very assholeish)
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

Ozzies09tc wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 6:53 pm Correct me if im wrong...but didnt men have to work full or part time jobs in the early life of the nhl - even when they expanded to 12 teams?

Shouldnt the wnhl have to grow itself first b4 asking for handouts?

(Yes i realize this sounds very assholeish)
This is comparing apples to....I don't know, oranges from 80 years ago.

I don't think it's going to work though. The WNBA works because the NBA basically writes off the WNBA's operating loss, and because the team's play in the local NBA team's arena for the most part (I think). Plus, WNBA stars can play in international leagues in the offseason for way more money too. I just don't know that there's a way to make a women's pro hockey league work at a low enough loss for the NHL's taste that pays the players whatever the amount they're looking for is.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Ozzies09tc wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 6:53 pm ...(Yes i realize this sounds very assholeish)
(Yes it does)

There's lots of frustration among the National Women's Hockey League (NWHL) players, with feelings of betrayal by League leaders who the players thought they could trust to pursue marketing partnerships that would benefit & grow the women's game as well as its participants. But those leaders got in over their heads and in their panic started circling their wagons to protect their own asses; meanwhile, the players seemingly failed to read the mound of North American hockey history books that would've warned them that success did not come easy to the NHL either. Blame poor business decisions, blame feelings of entitlement, blame simple economics, blame them all & many more complex socio-economic factors. In the end, it will probably require the player boycott to force a complete do-over of the women's pro hockey model. So maybe Ovid's proverb: "exitus ācta probat" (loosely translated as "the ends justify the means") will prevail.

JMC-STL wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 8:08 pm
Ozzies09tc wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 6:53 pm ...(Yes i realize this sounds very assholeish)
(Yes it does)

There's lots of frustration among the National Women's Hockey League (NWHL) players, with feelings of betrayal by League leaders who the players thought they could trust to pursue marketing partnerships that would benefit & grow the women's game as well as its participants. But those leaders got in over their heads and in their panic started circling their wagons to protect their own asses; meanwhile, the players seemingly failed to read the mound of North American hockey history books that would've warned them that success did not come easy to the NHL either. Blame poor business decisions, blame feelings of entitlement, blame simple economics, blame them all & many more complex socio-economic factors. In the end, it will probably require the player boycott to force a complete do-over of the women's pro hockey model. So maybe Ovid's proverb: "exitus ācta probat" (loosely translated as "the ends justify the means") will prevail.
Just because you went to high school with Ovid, you don't have to go quoting him.