Re: Any smokers on here?

CaptSMRT wrote:... 90% of the people living here have no idea how their refrigerator works...but they are positive that a Ghost in a cloud is listening to their prayers. ...
I heard there's a religious sect that worships their refrigerators. They named their god "Freon." Now the evil Green Earthers are planning to unseat the former Ice Boxers' deity by the Year 2020 A.D. (anno defrostei) with a collection of false gods, under government sponsorship. I suspect the tobacco companies are behind it as well.

JMC-STL wrote:
CaptSMRT wrote:... 90% of the people living here have no idea how their refrigerator works...but they are positive that a Ghost in a cloud is listening to their prayers. ...
I heard there's a religious sect that worships their refrigerators. They named their god "Freon." Now the evil Green Earthers are planning to unseat the former Ice Boxers' deity by the Year 2020 A.D. (anno defrostei) with a collection of false gods, under government sponsorship. I suspect the tobacco companies are behind it as well.
in pasta we trust.

CaptSMRT wrote:Smoking is fine....we are all dead already...Earth is 5 billion years old...and 90% of the people living here have no idea how their refrigerator works...but they are positive that a Ghost in a cloud is listening to their prayers. SMoke up Johnny.
Birth is the leading cause of death on the planet. Let's just make it illegal. At the very least we should tax the hell out of it.

CaptSMRT wrote:I remember the first time I met a guy with no jaw...holy shit...I have never dipped once ever, and I will never do it.
Doesn't take dippin' to get that way. The lady across the street from my childhood home lost half of her jaw to lifelong cigarette smoking. Or maybe it was living near Cold Water Creek. :?:

JMC-STL wrote:
CaptSMRT wrote:I remember the first time I met a guy with no jaw...holy shit...I have never dipped once ever, and I will never do it.
Doesn't take dippin' to get that way. The lady across the street from my childhood home lost half of her jaw to lifelong cigarette smoking. Or maybe it was living near Cold Water Creek. :?:
Had to be the cigs. Hell, I used to play IN Coldwater Creek and I've never...

...excuse me, my arm just fell off.

MissouriMook wrote:
JMC-STL wrote:
Had to be the cigs. Hell, I used to play IN Coldwater Creek and I've never...

...excuse me, my arm just fell off.
Coulda been that her sons & I used to bring home crawdads from The Creek & boil them up in her kitchen. On second thought, that can't be it, because the Bridgeton Landfill authorities have clearly determined that heating up radioactive material is an effective neutralization scheme. Back to the smoking angle, then.

UMSLBlues12 wrote:I have a few friends who work for the county that are researching on the Coldwater Creek issue...that has caused QUITE the mess for the local government.
I'm just waiting for my compensation check, so I can start buying all of these wonderful tobacco products the posters in this thread have been raving about.

JMC-STL wrote:
UMSLBlues12 wrote:I have a few friends who work for the county that are researching on the Coldwater Creek issue...that has caused QUITE the mess for the local government.
I'm just waiting for my compensation check, so I can start buying all of these wonderful tobacco products the posters in this thread have been raving about.
The sad thing is, I'm sure there are people who will do just that! :lol:

Missouri has one of the highest smoking rates in the nation. It's really ok in moderation. Churchill lived over 90 and chain smoked cigars every day. The oldest person EVER, 122 year old Jean Calment, chain smoked to age 119!

As long as you are healthy and active moderate smoking should be ok. Moderate smoking is NOT 1,2, or 3 packs a day.

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:Missouri has one of the highest smoking rates in the nation. It's really ok in moderation. Churchill lived over 90 and chain smoked cigars every day. The oldest person EVER, 122 year old Jean Calment, chain smoked to age 119!

As long as you are healthy and active moderate smoking should be ok. Moderate smoking is NOT 1,2, or 3 packs a day.
I tend to agree with the notion that most anything, in moderation, will not be immediately harmful. However, ingesting smoke into the lungs simply isn't a good thing. Definitely not as good as NOT ingesting smoke.