I'm out.

I took a break when the conversation started trending poorly during corona virus.

I kept the fuck out of it with the conversation prior to the locking of the 2020 Playoff conversation.

Hockey the sport was affected by some real stuff, and it seems to me that when real stuff gets posted here I see the people that are unsympathetic and hate filled, and I don' want to be around you. You know who you are.

Those of you, that care about others, well you're cool in my book. Hope to cross paths with y'all in the future.

If you're wondering what's up, maybe TC will share my private message in it's entirety, likely he won't. He can shut the forum down, I won't know because I'm gone.

Good luck to you all, hoping for many Blues Stanley Cups for you to all enjoy!

Re: I'm out.

Cotton McKnight wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:01 pm I took a break when the conversation started trending poorly during corona virus.

I kept the fuck out of it with the conversation prior to the locking of the 2020 Playoff conversation.

Hockey the sport was affected by some real stuff, and it seems to me that when real stuff gets posted here I see the people that are unsympathetic and hate filled, and I don' want to be around you. You know who you are.

Those of you, that care about others, well you're cool in my book. Hope to cross paths with y'all in the future.

If you're wondering what's up, maybe TC will share my private message in it's entirety, likely he won't. He can shut the forum down, I won't know because I'm gone.

Good luck to you all, hoping for many Blues Stanley Cups for you to all enjoy!
Hey, please stick around. Don’t want to lose you. Have enjoyed your posts and being part of hockey talk. Shit happens, just take a break and come back whenever you feel like it. This is still a good forum for hockey talk. Please cool off, take a break, forgive and forget. Go Blues!!

ooo, forum drama. everyone loves that... :roll:

i'm not posting his PM to me, it's not my place. the "p" in there stands for "private". allow me to summarize - i'm a terrible, hateful and judgemental human. i will likely ban him and talk shit about him now (i won't).

i will, however, post my own words. here's exactly what i sent him, in case anyone else is feeling that way:
this is a hockey forum. we're all here because we agree that hockey rules. all the hateful shit spewed in that thread is exactly why i can't have it. someone always gets their feelings hurt and leaves by something someone said that they wouldn't have said in an in-person conversation. i've been running forums for over two decades and three things always lead to losing people - religion, politics, or social issues. the fact that we all, of clearly differing backgrounds, experiences, and lots in life, can come together and commiserate over hockey and the blues is why i started this thing. people trying to turn it into something else or take that neutrality away from here is something i won't have. people of any belief should feel safe to come here and talk hockey as a vacation from the absolute shit of the rest of the internet.

if you don't get that, sorry to see you go. if you think this is an incorrect point of view, i'll happily sell you this site cheap and you can see how much fun it becomes when those conversations are allowed and the mob starts demanding heads, doxing, canceling, etc.

also, i'm the only person here who has his name attached to it. i have to for the domain registration. so anything said on this site is tacitly attributed to me. i work for a vast variety of clients and can't have incendiary shit coming up on a search.

so, you know - talk hockey here. take whatever other agenda or cause you feel passionately about somewhere appropriate.
he hasn't read it, and it seems he probably won't. i'm moving this to OT. does anyone have any objections to that?

Hate to see anyone leave, and that's whether I agree or disagree on any topic. There's some on here who I totally disagree with on non-hockey stuff, but respect their hockey opinion.

For me, and I've shared this before and it's not new thought for most, is that on any kind of digital platform it is impossible to have a fluid conversation. I'm sure that if all of us met up for a BBQ and beer, we'd see we have more in common than different, and maybe be able to understand why some of us are so stubborn and passionate about our beliefs.

FWIW, I've taken a few breaks from even this forum when it got too heated, so I respect Cotton's decision. I'll do my best to stay focused on the hockey and leave the OT shit on other platforms.

Peace.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:46 am Hate to see anyone leave, and that's whether I agree or disagree on any topic. There's some on here who I totally disagree with on non-hockey stuff, but respect their hockey opinion.

For me, and I've shared this before and it's not new thought for most, is that on any kind of digital platform it is impossible to have a fluid conversation. I'm sure that if all of us met up for a BBQ and beer, we'd see we have more in common than different, and maybe be able to understand why some of us are so stubborn and passionate about our beliefs.

FWIW, I've taken a few breaks from even this forum when it got too heated, so I respect Cotton's decision. I'll do my best to stay focused on the hockey and leave the OT shit on other platforms.

Peace.
I agree. I wish people didn't need to escalate every issue into a stand off. Understanding each other and compromise is the only mechanism of progress that works.

bradleygt89 wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:46 amFor me, and I've shared this before and it's not new thought for most, is that on any kind of digital platform it is impossible to have a fluid conversation. I'm sure that if all of us met up for a BBQ and beer, we'd see we have more in common than different, and maybe be able to understand why some of us are so stubborn and passionate about our beliefs.
totally. that's my point. it just doesn't work.

Sad to see Cotton go, but I think TC is in the right. It's hard to not say something when you get fired up about a certain issue especially when it overlaps with the intended purpose of the board. The cancellation of the games was on topic and the reason for it was clearly a trouble topic. I was certainly guilty of diving in when taking a beat and staying out of the water was the wise decision. This isn't the first time TC has had to whack us on the knuckles for one reason or the other and I appreciate him doing so firmly but fairly. Hopefully we don't lose anybody else. If you're reading this but still pissed, come back and talk about this dumb hockey franchise with this dumb group of fans. The more voices we have on here, the more fun the experience.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:40 am Sad to see Cotton go, but I think TC is in the right. It's hard to not say something when you get fired up about a certain issue especially when it overlaps with the intended purpose of the board. The cancellation of the games was on topic and the reason for it was clearly a trouble topic. I was certainly guilty of diving in when taking a beat and staying out of the water was the wise decision. This isn't the first time TC has had to whack us on the knuckles for one reason or the other and I appreciate him doing so firmly but fairly. Hopefully we don't lose anybody else. If you're reading this but still pissed, come back and talk about this dumb hockey franchise with this dumb group of fans. The more voices we have on here, the more fun the experience.
This is what I always say when people get too upset during a recreational game...hockey is an emotional sport...let them blow up and then move on. It works sometimes I swear!!!

CaptSMRT wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:10 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:40 am Sad to see Cotton go, but I think TC is in the right. It's hard to not say something when you get fired up about a certain issue especially when it overlaps with the intended purpose of the board. The cancellation of the games was on topic and the reason for it was clearly a trouble topic. I was certainly guilty of diving in when taking a beat and staying out of the water was the wise decision. This isn't the first time TC has had to whack us on the knuckles for one reason or the other and I appreciate him doing so firmly but fairly. Hopefully we don't lose anybody else. If you're reading this but still pissed, come back and talk about this dumb hockey franchise with this dumb group of fans. The more voices we have on here, the more fun the experience.
This is what I always say when people get too upset during a recreational game...hockey is an emotional sport...let them blow up and then move on. It works sometimes I swear!!!
So true. Drop a few creative F-bombs on the way back to your bench and move on.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!