Re: Culinary Tips

JMC-STL wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:53 pm
Turk Sanderson wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:05 pm Latest build by request of Mrs. Turk.... her and the Pork-O-Lator don’t get along at all... but she knows her way around one of these ...
The Reverend Mrs. Turk knows her way s 55-gallon oil drum? You married a Texas wildcatter???
She's a wildcatter but she's never been to Texas.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:59 pm
Turk Sanderson wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:05 pm Latest build by request of Mrs. Turk.... her and the Pork-O-Lator don’t get along at all... but she knows her way around one of these ...
The Reverend Mrs. Turk knows her way s 55-gallon oil drum? You married a Texas wildcatter???
Or so she says. Follow the evidence. She's sandbaggin' you, gettin' you to build her that contraption so she can kick your Pork-O-Lator right in the hocks at the next Southern Illinois Smoke-Off. When she comes home with a huge rack of beef ribs, you'll know I'm right.

JMC-STL wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:36 am
Turk Sanderson wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:59 pm
Or so she says. Follow the evidence. She's sandbaggin' you, gettin' you to build her that contraption so she can kick your Pork-O-Lator right in the hocks at the next Southern Illinois Smoke-Off. When she comes home with a huge rack of beef ribs, you'll know I'm right.
"For I was an hungred, and ye gave me ribs: I was thirsty, and ye gave me beer. I was a stranger, and ye took me in..."
Matthew 25:35

Turk Sanderson wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:28 am
JMC-STL wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:36 am
Turk Sanderson wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:59 pmShe's a wildcatter but she's never been to Texas.
"For I was an hungred, and ye gave me ribs: I was thirsty, and ye gave me beer. I was a stranger, and ye took me in..." Matthew 25:35
Jesus was a Jew, so He must've meant beef ribs & a six-pack of warm Maccabees & welcome to my kibbutz.

The Nippon National Defense League are suing the Bachan's manufacturer for cultural appropriation through commercial representation of a smiling Octopodidae with blood-soaked tentacles wearing a Kanji Hachimaki headband.

Meanwhile in other news, the product can be purchased on-line from Target.com, or in stores at World Market locations. Happy Labor Day, Sensei Turk.

JMC-STL wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:48 am The Nippon National Defense League are suing the Bachan's manufacturer for cultural appropriation through commercial representation of a smiling Octopodidae with blood-soaked tentacles wearing a Kanji Hachimaki headband.

Meanwhile in other news, the product can be purchased on-line from Target.com, or in stores at World Market locations. Happy Labor Day, Sensei Turk.
mberkahi kowe

Turk Sanderson wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:45 pm
JMC-STL wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:48 amThe Nippon National Defense League are suing the Bachan's manufacturer for cultural appropriation through commercial representation of a smiling Octopodidae with blood-soaked tentacles wearing a Kanji Hachimaki headband.

mberkahi kowe
Sorry, you'll have to translate. I only understand Street Javan.

JMC-STL wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:08 pm
Turk Sanderson wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:45 pm
JMC-STL wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:48 amThe Nippon National Defense League are suing the Bachan's manufacturer for cultural appropriation through commercial representation of a smiling Octopodidae with blood-soaked tentacles wearing a Kanji Hachimaki headband.

mberkahi kowe
Sorry, you'll have to translate. I only understand Street Javan.
Tasuke rarenai hito mo iru

Turk Sanderson wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 2:48 pm Get some of this...use it on everything.... if you can't find it in the local supermarket, Amazon has it. (awesome on some fried rice)
Bachan's.JPG
i bought a two-pack of this and the "hot & spicy" variety based on this post. can confirm, it's great. hard to describe. it's definitely more fluid than a traditional BBQ "sauce" so i can see it working well as a marinade, but it also functions very well as a dipping sauce. i prefer the hot & spicy so far.

good call turk.