Re: CORONAVIRUS [was: League Watch 2020]

JMC-STL wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 9:07 pm Will Calvin fit in the tube? And can't you use the Burning Bush for disinfecting purposes? Utilize your resources, Rev.
The Burning Bush helps keep the Pork-O-Lators running at even temperatures.... and occasionally warms up some baked beans... Asking it to disinfect the tubes might be too much to ask.... and as for Calvin, his dreads wouldn't fit in the tube.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 9:31 pm
JMC-STL wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 9:07 pmWill Calvin fit in the tube? And can't you use the Burning Bush for disinfecting purposes? Utilize your resources, Rev.
The Burning Bush helps keep the Pork-O-Lators running at even temperatures.... and occasionally warms up some baked beans... Asking it to disinfect the tubes might be too much to ask.... and as for Calvin, his dreads wouldn't fit in the tube.
The worldwide supply chain for home hair trimmers has opened up in the last two weeks under reduced Corona market pressures. You can now order a pro model with the Dread Those Dreads attachment included for under 100 bucks. Well worth dipping into the TDC collection brown bag to offer your flock Calvin's hand delivery service via the tube. You'll just need to pump him full of dramamine each morning, and dose him with UV on each return trip. Maybe The Great Orange One will Tweet about you Making Religion Great Again, and you'll get some more publicity in your key insomniac target market segment. God works in mysterious ways.

Re: News and Games around the NHL

NHLTIM wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:26 am Once they realized that people were fed up with the Coronavirus bullshit, they decided to move onto racial shit.
Go to the Ozarks for a pool party in the summer of 2020 - you're an idiot with no regard for your well being or other's well being
Burn down buildings and loot stores in the summer of 2020 - you're part of a movement for the good of humanity
KA-KAW!

JMC-STL wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:45 pm
MattyIce wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:45 amGo to the Ozarks for a pool party in the summer of 2020 - you're an idiot with no regard for your well being or other's well being
Burn down buildings and loot stores in the summer of 2020 - you're part of a movement for the good of humanity
Welcome back from the pool party, Matty.
I'm guessing that's a passive aggressive shot at me...
For the record, I said nothing about the cause. What real protesters are doing is for a noble cause. The allowance of opportunistic criminals to destroy cities and other people's property is disgusting.
KA-KAW!

MattyIce wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:24 pm
MattyIce wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:45 amGo to the Ozarks for a pool party in the summer of 2020 - you're an idiot with no regard for your well being or other's well being
For the record, I said nothing about the cause. What real protesters are doing is for a noble cause. The allowance of opportunistic criminals to destroy cities and other people's property is disgusting.
Wasn't intended that way, but it does make for more interesting conversation.

MattyIce wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:24 pm
Exactly. Too many only talk about the one, when the other is involved. Maybe if more stood up, shouted out, and acted when there wasn't riots and violence, there would be real change. Maybe if it didn't take video recordings and protests to ensure murders were prosecuted, there wouldn't be riots and violence. Maybe if there wasn't systemic racism in this nation still, there wouldn't be riots and violence. Maybe then the 'bad apples' on the police wouldn't be hired and protected, and then the 'bad apples' amongst protesters wouldn't have a platform.

I am not saying anyone here is a racist. I don't know any of you personally. But there definitely is an intolerance from some on here to discuss the racial inequalities and systemic oppression that still exists. Or maybe just an ignorance of the privilege that comes with the skin color most of us on here were born with. It's not a fault, or anything that needs to be apologized for. But we should use that privilege to speak up, stand up, and shout out to ensure EVERY single human being is treated equally and never tolerate racism, hatred, discrimination, or prejudice in any shape or form.

Binner and other Blues are leading by example:

(more here: https://www.stltoday.com/sports/hockey/ ... a4e25.html
"Do Only Good Everyday"

Brad, when I ask this, just realize that I am truly asking a question, I am not arguing.
Other than instances of police brutality, which I 100% agree exists (although I think it crosses races as well, not just in the black community), what systematic racism towards African Americans exists in society in your view? What obstacles do African Americans face that the other races in this country do not face?
KA-KAW!

MattyIce wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:20 pm Brad, when I ask this, just realize that I am truly asking a question, I am not arguing.
Other than instances of police brutality, which I 100% agree exists (although I think it crosses races as well, not just in the black community), what systematic racism towards African Americans exists in society in your view? What obstacles do African Americans face that the other races in this country do not face?
Did you watch the video on Twitter linked above? Do you have any friends who are minorities? Ask them, not me. My perspective as a white male will not do it justice.

But if you want my opinion, I know for sure that the justice system is biased, employment and human resources are biased, school systems are biased, etc. etc. We all have struggles. That is a fact. However, going through life as a person of color, especially a black/African American, gives one extra hurdles they have to go through that white/European American do not. That is just a fact, sad but true.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

MattyIce wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:20 pm Brad, when I ask this, just realize that I am truly asking a question, I am not arguing.
First...try mandatory minimums, standardized testing, the three strike law, red lining (blacks being excluded from housing loans and forced to live in concentrated areas), drug sentencing laws that were targeted to the black community...longer sentences for crack than powder cocaine, the welfare state, which was designed to disenfranchise poor families and make mothers dependent on the state for the enrichment of the renter class (section 8 housing), the Jim Crow era, historic leniency on crimes vs blacks...Emmet Till. The war on drugs unfairly targeted young black males for possession...which honestly has lead to the violence problems today, but nobody wants to make that connection and admit America is a fascist state. There are kids in jail today for weed, their lives are incredibly handicapped as felons, and now the government is perched to make billions a year in taxes off of it.

Let's stop for a second and consider that the crack epidemic was engineered by the CIA. https://oig.justice.gov/special/9712/ch01p1.htm

bradleygt89 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:51 pm... I am not saying anyone here is a racist. I don't know any of you personally. But there definitely is an intolerance from some on here to discuss the racial inequalities and systemic oppression that still exists. Or maybe just an ignorance of the privilege that comes with the skin color most of us on here were born with. ...
So while your level of familiarity with BNF board members isn't developed enough to determine a presence of racism, it IS strong enough to determine a presence of an intolerance or an ignorance simply by their words on a page in a far-from-contextual exchange?

T.C. wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:31 am i strongly suggest not "discussing" this here. plenty of other venues out there. i won't stop you, but if you turn this into every other website (i was lectured to by a fucking ice cream company yesterday), i won't be participating in it.
You know 2020 is bad when the thread that the coronavirus hijacked is getting hijacked by another societal issue

The George Floyd thing is terrible and there is no doubt that cop is going to be sentenced to prison. I wouldn’t be shocked if one of his friends slips him a Cyanide pill before it even goes to trial. Protest all you want but don’t loot and riot.
What bugs me the most is that 77 year old black cop shot and killed and it’s live streamed yet BLM and Liberal media are even talking about it. How can BLM be thing when it only works one way?
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"