Re: CORONAVIRUS [was: League Watch 2020]

bradleygt89 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:05 pm
CaptSMRT wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:47 pm
Scruffy wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:03 am
It’s funny because I wondered if the “hoax” people would finally acknowledge that this virus was a real threat.

Guess I have my answer.

The hoax is still on...I drove by the COVID-19 testing center BJC set up...there was nobody there. My cousin is in heavy manufacturing and was told by a distillery that the government was paying them $40 a gal for hand sanitizer...it costs $5 a gal to make. The hoax is real, Scruff.
if only the world revolved around only what the Capn saw and heard, it would be a very interesting place. Unfortunately the world doesn't work that way, but the opinions and views expressed by Capn sure do make it entertaining!

All I am doing is asking questions and refusing to believe the mania. There certainly are plenty of people moving to cash in and people with foreknowledge seemed to have profited generously. See for yourself...this was at 1pm...certainly with the hoards of sick people there would have been one there getting tested. I will paint a Blue note on your FEMA coffin Bradley.
Attachments

CaptSMRT wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:56 pm
CaptSMRT wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:47 pm

The hoax is still on...I drove by the COVID-19 testing center BJC set up...there was nobody there. My cousin is in heavy manufacturing and was told by a distillery that the government was paying them $40 a gal for hand sanitizer...it costs $5 a gal to make. The hoax is real, Scruff.
if only the world revolved around only what the Capn saw and heard, it would be a very interesting place. Unfortunately the world doesn't work that way, but the opinions and views expressed by Capn sure do make it entertaining!

All I am doing is asking questions and refusing to believe the mania. There certainly are plenty of people moving to cash in and people with foreknowledge seemed to have profited generously. See for yourself...this was at 1pm...certainly with the hoards of sick people there would have been one there getting tested. I will paint a Blue note on your FEMA coffin Bradley.
So anecdotal information is your only source of information. If you don't see it, then it isn't true, right? So first China, then S. Korea, then Italy, and now Washington State, California, New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Chicago, New Orleans, Atlanta, and S. Florida are all in on this 'conspiracy' to help make a few folks 'rich'? You honestly believe the news that is being reported across the board from every single source is all in on this hoax? That first hand anecdotal testimony coming from these current hot spots is all fake? That there aren't really over 3,000 dead from COVID-19 in the USA? It's just some grand scheme to make distilleries richer? (disclaimer...does it suck that folks profit off of death...yes. I have always opposed the influence of the MIC on our and other governments, and I am sure there are some dirty influencers and businesses profiting here. But that doesn't make the pandemic less real dude. The virus still kills and sends folks to the hospital indescrimentaly.)

If that is what you honestly believe, then please, I beg you, go volunteer at the nearest STL hospital to you. Hel, I dare you to do that. Tell me what you see today in the ER and ICU wards. And keep that picture handy of the testing site. Then get back to us in two weeks as the virus starts to hit Missouri and the rest of the breadbasket of America as it has the major metro areas on the East and West coasts. Give us another report in 4 weeks from today as the hospital you are volunteering at is totally overwhelmed and they have to bring in refrigerated trucks to house those dead in the FEMA coffins.

I hope I am wrong about this. I do. But hoping hasn't stopped it from affecting the rest of the world it has hit. This shit is real dude. I'm sorry you don't want to believe it because you are scared or in denial or whatever. But please don't think this is hoax and be unprepared. Because you may not care about a FEMA body bag. But many of your friends and loved ones do care, and I'm sure they DO want to live. I don't know you and get irritated at some of the dumb shit you say, but I sincerely hope you have a great life, just because we have a common bond on here as Blues fans. So I am wishing the best for you Capn and truly hope you find your safe spot mentally through all of this. Because it is coming your way, and no amount of questioning it, calling it hoax, or wishing it away is going to stop it.

Peace dude.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

Where Florida was 9 days ago, is about where Missouri is today (I believe you all just went over 1,000 cases yesterday or today). Where we are today, you will probably be in 9 days, or close to it per capita as Florida is more populous. But you will still see the same high curve, because your Governor is an idiot like ours, and refuses to implement a strict stay at home order to flatten the curve, which is helping in West Coast cites that implemented these practices first.

This isn't to scare or hype it. It is to show real data...well, actually this data is already 1-2 weeks old. Takes about 5 days to feel symptoms, 5 days before they get severe enough that most will finally seek help, and then 3-5 days before test results come back.

-
FireShot Capture 309 - Coronavirus Update_ What you need to know Tuesday, March 31 - News - _ - www.heraldtribune.com.png FireShot Capture 309 - Coronavirus Update_ What you need to know Tuesday, March 31 - News - _ - www.heraldtribune.com.png Viewed 18431 times 24.55 KiB
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:19 pm

So anecdotal information is your only source of information. If you don't see it, then it isn't true, right? So first China, then S. Korea, then Italy, and now Washington State, California, New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Chicago, New Orleans, Atlanta, and S. Florida are all in on this 'conspiracy' to help make a few folks 'rich'? You honestly believe the news that is being reported across the board from every single source is all in on this hoax? That first hand anecdotal testimony coming from these current hot spots is all fake? That there aren't really over 3,000 dead from COVID-19 in the USA? It's just some grand scheme to make distilleries richer? (disclaimer...does it suck that folks profit off of death...yes. I have always opposed the influence of the MIC on our and other governments, and I am sure there are some dirty influencers and businesses profiting here. But that doesn't make the pandemic less real dude. The virus still kills and sends folks to the hospital indescrimentaly.)

If that is what you honestly believe, then please, I beg you, go volunteer at the nearest STL hospital to you. Hel, I dare you to do that. Tell me what you see today in the ER and ICU wards. And keep that picture handy of the testing site. Then get back to us in two weeks as the virus starts to hit Missouri and the rest of the breadbasket of America as it has the major metro areas on the East and West coasts. Give us another report in 4 weeks from today as the hospital you are volunteering at is totally overwhelmed and they have to bring in refrigerated trucks to house those dead in the FEMA coffins.

I hope I am wrong about this. I do. But hoping hasn't stopped it from affecting the rest of the world it has hit. This shit is real dude. I'm sorry you don't want to believe it because you are scared or in denial or whatever. But please don't think this is hoax and be unprepared. Because you may not care about a FEMA body bag. But many of your friends and loved ones do care, and I'm sure they DO want to live. I don't know you and get irritated at some of the dumb shit you say, but I sincerely hope you have a great life, just because we have a common bond on here as Blues fans. So I am wishing the best for you Capn and truly hope you find your safe spot mentally through all of this. Because it is coming your way, and no amount of questioning it, calling it hoax, or wishing it away is going to stop it.

Peace dude.
I never said what happened in those places was fake or didn't happen. I never said the people who have died are not real. There is something fishy going on. I spoke with a Dr who works at Barnes and he said things are fine, he said the real problem is going to be after this is all over being able people are not infected so they can go back to work. I am not denying any currently recorded event in any fashion. What is so disturbing about asking some questions and not taking opinions as facts? Everything aside...doesn't that picture of an empty testing facility in the midst of a pandemic seem really odd?

T.C. wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:56 ambrad, MO isn't going to be FL. FL is surrounded by ocean with many port cities, is a tourist destination, and frankly, a landing spot for people immigrating from the islands. way more going on that in MO. ...
Who ever woulda thunk that the demise of Lambert Airport as a major national & international transportation hub would turn out to be a GOOD thing? :?

JMC-STL wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:33 am
T.C. wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:56 ambrad, MO isn't going to be FL. FL is surrounded by ocean with many port cities, is a tourist destination, and frankly, a landing spot for people immigrating from the islands. way more going on that in MO. ...
Who ever woulda thunk that the demise of Lambert Airport as a major national & international transportation hub would turn out to be a GOOD thing? :?

Ross Perot!

CaptSMRT wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:43 pm

Peace dude.
I never said what happened in those places was fake or didn't happen. I never said the people who have died are not real. There is something fishy going on. I spoke with a Dr who works at Barnes and he said things are fine, he said the real problem is going to be after this is all over being able people are not infected so they can go back to work. I am not denying any currently recorded event in any fashion. What is so disturbing about asking some questions and not taking opinions as facts? Everything aside...doesn't that picture of an empty testing facility in the midst of a pandemic seem really odd?
There's going to be a lot of governments who won't willingly cede back control of all the civil liberties people have temporarily given up.

There's also a lot of people who have been psychologically manipulated into willingly giving up those liberties and being fine with it as long as they feel the government keeps them safe.
Attachments

BluesSK wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:35 pm

Peace dude.
There's going to be a lot of governments who won't willingly cede back control of all the civil liberties people have temporarily given up.

There's also a lot of people who have been psychologically manipulated into willingly giving up those liberties and being fine with it as long as they feel the government keeps them safe.
Just curious, what liberties have you had to sacrifice SK that you feel the government will keep from us after this pandemic has ran it's course?
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:50 pm

Just curious, what liberties have you had to sacrifice SK that you feel the government will keep from us after this pandemic has ran it's course?
The right to bear toilet paper!!!

CaptSMRT wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:53 am
JMC-STL wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:33 am
Ross Perot!
Vice-Admiral James Stockdale ... "Who am I? ... Why am I here?"

bradleygt89 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:50 pm

Ok. I'm not going to speak for the US because I'm no longer residing there so I will start with the country I just returned to.

Canada
  • No gatherings of more than "x" number of people depending where you live.
    No church services.
    No schooling.
    International border closures.
    Provincial border closures.
    Having your business determined to be essential or not and if it isn't. You're closed.
    The idea was floated of having cell phone usage monitored to track down people in groups.
    And worst of all the federal government tried to sneak through a provision in their emergency package that would have given them a blank check and unlimited power without any governmental oversight to make "Emergency measures" until December of 2021
Now let's do the country I just returned from the Philippines.
  • No gathering in groups.
    The "We Heal as One Act" which gives the president almost unlimited powers and is effectively martial law.
    A nationwide curfew.
    No travel whatsoever unless deemed necessary.
    No going out on the streets without a quarantine pass.
    No going out in public without a mask.
    No schools.
    No church.
    Closures of all businesses deemed non essential.
    Forced layoffs in all sectors.
    Closures of hotels and lodging areas unless approved by government.
    Internment of people living on the street
    The right to protest because people have been locked in their homes without any aid which was promised over two weeks ago.
    Shoot to kill orders for those said protesters should they do it again.
But the good thing is... Crime is down. And that is making lawmakers very happy. Plus, we will beat that virus.

So you think that Canada will not 'cede these liberties' back? (Not commenting on the Philippines as they are a different story, as Duterte is an authoritative jackoff)

But for Canada:

"No gatherings of more than "x" number of people depending where you live.
No church services.
No schooling.
Having your business determined to be essential or not and if it isn't. You're closed."

what would be the benefit to the Canadian government to not cede those liberties back? Just not following the logic of your fear.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

CaptSMRT wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:52 pm
bradleygt89 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:50 pmJust curious, what liberties have you had to sacrifice SK that you feel the government will keep from us after this pandemic has ran it's course?
The right to bear toilet paper!!!
The right to block Charmin TV ads, which have been sponsored by the Chinese government to taunt all Americans who have been wiping our asses on trees like REAL bears for the last 3 weeks!!!!!!

bradleygt89 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:44 am So you think that Canada will not 'cede these liberties' back? (Not commenting on the Philippines as they are a different story, as Duterte is an authoritative jackoff)

But for Canada:

"No gatherings of more than "x" number of people depending where you live.
No church services.
No schooling.
Having your business determined to be essential or not and if it isn't. You're closed."

what would be the benefit to the Canadian government to not cede those liberties back? Just not following the logic of your fear.
Oh, they will cede those ones back but it will just make it all the easier the next time a "crisis" happens and as we all know once laws are implemented they never seem to be repealed. i.e.; The Patriot Act, FISA courts

You also didn't take into consideration the second part of my initial comments;
This is what's happening in China. A totalitarian government that has given a billion people a middle class lifestyle. As long as they don't rock the boat and are fat and happy big brother will look after them while they impose rights violation upon rights violation on prisoners, ethnic minorities, human rights advocates and on and on.

This could easily happen anywhere and we must do everything we can to guarantee the individual liberties and human rights of people.

Americans argue about the Constitution endlessly but they don't realize how lucky they are to have it.

And that's how I feel.