Re: CORONAVIRUS [was: League Watch 2020]

BluesSK wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:10 pm I think we are looking at the end of May before some non-essential services are back. Even then it will be on a town by town, city by city, and state by state basis with extreme travel restrictions for places that do open up.

At least in the zombie apocalypse there are zombies to kill. This apocalypse is so boring.
The zombies are always at the door!

BlueinNy wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:29 pm
Turk Sanderson wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:13 pm
CaptSMRT wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:34 am Fucking New York is killing us!!!!
I dated a girl from the Bronx back in the 70s.... I could write you a half hour of comedy on that experience.
I also dated a chick from the bronx when I was working in Manhattan. I cant tell you any stories on this forum, TC would have me evicted. Suffice to say I didn't stray for lack of play.
They speak a different language than the rest of America.... there was a complete communication breakdown... and that's putting it lightly. They can understand what we're saying, but they may as well be Chinese speaking Polish.

ratonmono wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:24 pmAn employee at a gas station near me (Circle K at 370 and Elm in St Chuck) tested positive. Luckily I never frequent that gas station but any who have been there recently should get checked out.
Does anybody actually go inside gas stations anymore, except to buy lottery tickets and/or cigarettes? And if that employee came into contact with any outside equipment, customers should have been taking precautions already to avoid direct contact with pump handles & buttons & nearby accessories/materials. Besides, you won't be able to get a Coronavirus test at this point unless/until you present clear symptoms - unless you're the VP or his wife, that is.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:59 am
JMC-STL wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:50 amThe entrepreneurial spirit of America will get us all through this crisis ...

Rolling Stone Culture News: With Clubs Closed for COVID-19, Strippers in Portland, Oregon, Take to Topless Food Delivery
:bananaride:
Yuk... Who could eat after seeing that?
You need to break out a couple of bottles of those Dollar General gingko biloba tablets from the TDC stock room, Rev.

JMC-STL wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:04 pm
Turk Sanderson wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:59 am
JMC-STL wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:50 amThe entrepreneurial spirit of America will get us all through this crisis ...

Rolling Stone Culture News: With Clubs Closed for COVID-19, Strippers in Portland, Oregon, Take to Topless Food Delivery
:bananaride:
Yuk... Who could eat after seeing that?
You need to break out a couple of bottles of those Dollar General gingko biloba tablets from the TDC stock room, Rev.
Don't have any more... gave them to the Captain to help him remember his lines.

JMC-STL wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:59 pm
Turk Sanderson wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:30 pm
JMC-STL wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:04 pmYou need to break out a couple of bottles of those Dollar General gingko biloba tablets from the TDC stock room, Rev.
Judging by his last three Cover of Darkness routines, I'm gonna guess you have him the expired tabs.
My last three sets were all crisp....if the world ends I have no regrets.

CaptSMRT wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:44 pm
JMC-STL wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:59 pm
Turk Sanderson wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:30 pm
Judging by his last three Cover of Darkness routines, I'm gonna guess you have him the expired tabs.
My last three sets were all crisp....if the world ends I have no regrets.
You were only supposed to take a couple of them at a time, not a couple of boxes of them at a time... you were talking about shit that happened when you were still in your daddy's ball-sack.

CaptSMRT wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:01 am You gotta love modern Republicans...all against government handouts when its buying a kid an apple or trying to lower the price of healthcare...but if some rich ass people in the cruise industry might have to dig into their own pockets to keep their business afloat...that is too far...they need a bailout.
Haven't you heard? It's those indigent Mexicans that are coming to steal our money...

Turk Sanderson wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:48 am
CaptSMRT wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:01 am You gotta love modern Republicans...all against government handouts when its buying a kid an apple or trying to lower the price of healthcare...but if some rich ass people in the cruise industry might have to dig into their own pockets to keep their business afloat...that is too far...they need a bailout.
Haven't you heard? It's those indigent Mexicans that are coming to steal our money...
I hate the Democrats too...wind power creates more pollution than coal...the only reason they back it is for the scam money from the government...hello Carnahan family.

CaptSMRT wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:17 am
I hate the Democrats too...wind power creates more pollution than coal...the only reason they back it is for the scam money from the government...hello Carnahan family.
This is an interesting assertion. Do you have a source for it?

Scruffy wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:58 am
CaptSMRT wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:17 am

I might be exaggerating, mining the rare Earths for the magnets in the generators creates pollution.

CaptSMRT wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:36 pm
CaptSMRT wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:17 amI hate the Democrats too...wind power creates more pollution than coal...the only reason they back it is for the scam money from the government...hello Carnahan family.
I might be exaggerating, mining the rare Earths for the magnets in the generators creates pollution.
This Science Daily report of a 2014 study disputes your claim, Cap'n: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... 093317.htm. The summary does not mention rare earths, which have certainly increased in price since then but are probably no more expensive nor fuel-burning to mine beyond inflationary factors.

JMC-STL wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:32 pm
CaptSMRT wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:36 pm
This Science Daily report of a 2014 study disputes your claim, Cap'n: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... 093317.htm. The summary does not mention rare earths, which have certainly increased in price since then but are probably no more expensive nor fuel-burning to mine beyond inflationary factors.
Not everyone agrees with this assessment.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/mosliv ... scale.html

CaptSMRT wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:26 pm
JMC-STL wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:32 pm
CaptSMRT wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:36 pmI might be exaggerating, mining the rare Earths for the magnets in the generators creates pollution.
Not everyone agrees with this assessment.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/mosliv ... scale.html
China doesn't factor into the ROTW's Green Quotient. They eat dogs, for cripes sake. Though I do applaud their solution for cat overpopulation.

John Kelly has the rona

Apologies if this was posted but I did a search and didn't see it.

https://www.nhl.com/blues/news/blues-is ... -316422366

The St. Louis Blues have issued the following statement regarding FOX Sports Midwest play-by-play announcer John Kelly, who tested positive for COVID-19:

The St. Louis Blues are confirming that play-by-play announcer John Kelly has tested positive for the COVID-19 virus.

John has been in self-quarantine since March 13. We are thrilled to report that John is now feeling strong and symptom free.

The health and safety of the entire Blues family remains our core focus during these unprecedented times. We wish John well as he continues his recovery at home.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Re: John Kelly has the rona

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:20 pm Apologies if this was posted but I did a search and didn't see it.

https://www.nhl.com/blues/news/blues-is ... -316422366

The St. Louis Blues have issued the following statement regarding FOX Sports Midwest play-by-play announcer John Kelly, who tested positive for COVID-19:

The St. Louis Blues are confirming that play-by-play announcer John Kelly has tested positive for the COVID-19 virus.

John has been in self-quarantine since March 13. We are thrilled to report that John is now feeling strong and symptom free.

The health and safety of the entire Blues family remains our core focus during these unprecedented times. We wish John well as he continues his recovery at home.
A couple Sens players tested positive following their West Coast trip...... Sens played the Ducks 3/10... The Blues played the Ducks the following night.