Re: League Watch 2020

barnburner wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:13 am
NHLTIM wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:01 am
barnburner wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:39 am
What's going on, in your opinion?
Media creating mass panic and fear, a direct hit on our economy because of that fear. Like I said...timing is everything.
As in politics, or foreign driven?
I would say both
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Cotton McKnight wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:16 am Whelp, mark it, the NHL season will be suspended and/or cancelled. Until then I will be avoiding the this forum as to miss out on the Qanon talk. Stay safe, and healthy y'all.
I'm going to stick around for the hockey talk, assuming there still is some, but I don't blame you.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

NHLTIM wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:18 am
barnburner wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:13 am

Media creating mass panic and fear, a direct hit on our economy because of that fear. Like I said...timing is everything.
As in politics, or foreign driven?
I would say both
I think there is no doubt that we aren't getting all of the information on this.
Country's don't shut down over a flu-like virus. Millionaires don't lose boat loads of money by cancelling seasons over a simple virus. So one of two things is happening:
1) We aren't getting all of the info on how bad this virus can be/what it's true origins are.
2) This entire thing is getting overblown for some other motives (either economic or political) and the overreaction is working like a charm.

I had a teacher in high school who always told us to ask the question "who benefits?" in every situation. That usually leads you to the truth. Right now, I would say three parties are benefiting: China (due to the tanking the global economy), Democrats (again due to the tanking global economy), and the media (because their viewership is probably higher than ever).

Something about this entire thing just has my conspiracy radar going off...
KA-KAW!

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:35 am
barnburner wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:39 am
What's going on, in your opinion?
What about Iran? Italy?
Very real but that’s not going to happen here...yet the fear is being created.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

A know we avoid name calling in here...but a lot of you are sounding dumb as hell with this conspiracy theory shit. Do you think the earth is flat too?

Like—you’re actually seriously thinking a global pandemic was intentionally created to effect American politics? Like Italy is having to have its entire economy shut down, thousands of people are dying, and you think it’s all to cause some effect on American politics? Jesus, leave the crazy in the asylum guys.

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:52 am A know we avoid name calling in here...but a lot of you are sounding dumb as hell with this conspiracy theory shit. Do you think the earth is flat too?

Like—you’re actually seriously thinking a global pandemic was intentionally created to effect American politics? Like Italy is having to have its entire economy shut down, thousands of people are dying, and you think it’s all to cause some effect on American politics? Jesus, leave the crazy in the asylum guys.
No....the virus is very real...and more than likely in my opinion intentional. What is Chinas reasons for doing so? Who knows...it’s China. As for the USA, Media. and politics all I’m saying it’s an opportune time for them.
We aren’t going to reach death levels anywhere near Italy , China, or Iran...etc.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:52 am A know we avoid name calling in here...but a lot of you are sounding dumb as hell with this conspiracy theory shit. Do you think the earth is flat too?

Who said that it was all about American politics?
I think the point is that we definitely aren't getting all of the information here. Somewhere there is some sort of cover up going on either with the severity of the virus or the origins/purpose behind spreading the virus and the pandemonium surrounding it.

I barely trust the US government. I sure as hell don't trust the Chinese government.

But I guess I'm just a dumb ass :lol:
KA-KAW!

MattyIce wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:59 am

Who said that it was all about American politics?
I think the point is that we definitely aren't getting all of the information here. Somewhere there is some sort of cover up going on either with the severity of the virus or the origins/purpose behind spreading the virus and the pandemonium surrounding it.

I barely trust the US government. I sure as hell don't trust the Chinese government.

But I guess I'm just a dumb ass :lol:
Exactly...it’s really not hard to see. You don’t even have to be a conspiracy theorist on this one

"Suck a dick Johansen"

Believing that there is a “cover-up” and that it’s man made and all of this stuff, with no evidence to support it, is conspiracy theorizing—and it’s dumb to do. It’s especially dumb to do during a pandemic because it can hurt the serious work of the people trying to stop it, as it makes the public take the disease less seriously.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/02 ... oronavirus

Novel viruses happen. We had a less-severe novel coronavirus a few years back, MERS-CoV. This one is just obviously really bad in comparison.

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:30 am I can't believe you guys aren't asking the most important question. How does this impact your fantasy hockey league?
:lol:

Honestly, the thing that I am the most upset about is that I'm sure they are going to cancel the Battlehawks game next Saturday. I was really looking to that.
KA-KAW!

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:30 am I can't believe you guys aren't asking the most important question. How does this impact your fantasy hockey league?
I think if it ends today I’d make the 4 team playoff but I guess that would be about it

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:50 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:35 am

What about Iran? Italy?
Very real but that’s not going to happen here...yet the fear is being created.
I would submit that it's too early to say where this will end up, but we all have our opinions. Personally, as someone who is in the danger zone in terms of being over 70, with a breathing problem, I appreciate hearing as much information as possible. I'll decide what I think is relevant, but I want to hear it all. jmo.

barnburner wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:47 am... Personally, as someone who is in the danger zone in terms of being over 70, with a breathing problem, I appreciate hearing as much information as possible. I'll decide what I think is relevant, but I want to hear it all. jmo.
I just hope you aren't relying on this thread as your primary source of accurate & actionable news. I reckon not many among us were their class valedictorians, much less Rhodes Scholars.

This is wild.

If the remainder of the regular season is canceled, how would the NHL qualify playoff teams (assuming the playoffs would still be held in a month or so)?

Would they go by points percentage, since not all teams have played an equal amount of games?