Re: St Louis Blues at the White House

#7
NHLTIM wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:30 pm
Props to our entire organization for doing the right thing! I couldn’t be more proud of them!
They wanted to continue making history, as the first Stanley Cup Champs to visit a soon to be impeached president. At least they won't have to listen to him talk about himself when they visit the White House next year :)

Re: St Louis Blues at the White House

#8
bradleygt89 wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:06 pm
NHLTIM wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:30 pm
Props to our entire organization for doing the right thing! I couldn’t be more proud of them!
They wanted to continue making history, as the first Stanley Cup Champs to visit a soon to be impeached president. At least they won't have to listen to him talk about himself when they visit the White House next year :)
Lot of firsts with this team... I like it!
Hope Stillman made sure that he still had his wallet and watch after shaking hands with that ass-hole.

Re: St Louis Blues at the White House

#11
CaptSMRT wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:58 pm
It is possible to hate Trump and still respect the tradition and not make everything about yourself.
Do I think they should go to the White House? No, but accepted the fact they were likely always going to go.

Do they all need to yuk it up because Trump said fake news? No, because that just makes them look like idiots.

The tradition and the president can’t really be separated, considering Stillman spoke of the invitation from the presidency.

Frankly, I think it would say more about the leadership of this team if individuals were able to skip this event and it not impact the room. The fact they felt like they all needed to go can almost be seen as the room doesn’t allow for differing opinions (no clue if that’s the case, just theorizing)

Re: St Louis Blues at the White House

#12
Beatoni12 wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:47 pm
CaptSMRT wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:58 pm
It is possible to hate Trump and still respect the tradition and not make everything about yourself.
Do I think they should go to the White House? No, but accepted the fact they were likely always going to go.

Do they all need to yuk it up because Trump said fake news? No, because that just makes them look like idiots.

The tradition and the president can’t really be separated, considering Stillman spoke of the invitation from the presidency.

Frankly, I think it would say more about the leadership of this team if individuals were able to skip this event and it not impact the room. The fact they felt like they all needed to go can almost be seen as the room doesn’t allow for differing opinions (no clue if that’s the case, just theorizing)
Sounds to me like the majority if not the entire group was glad to be there. It’s a once in a lifetime thing ...very much an honor.
St. Louis Blues 2019 Stanley Cup Champs!

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Re: St Louis Blues at the White House

#13
NHLTIM wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:25 pm
Beatoni12 wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:47 pm
CaptSMRT wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:58 pm
It is possible to hate Trump and still respect the tradition and not make everything about yourself.
Do I think they should go to the White House? No, but accepted the fact they were likely always going to go.

Do they all need to yuk it up because Trump said fake news? No, because that just makes them look like idiots.

The tradition and the president can’t really be separated, considering Stillman spoke of the invitation from the presidency.

Frankly, I think it would say more about the leadership of this team if individuals were able to skip this event and it not impact the room. The fact they felt like they all needed to go can almost be seen as the room doesn’t allow for differing opinions (no clue if that’s the case, just theorizing)
Sounds to me like the majority if not the entire group was glad to be there. It’s a once in a lifetime thing ...very much an honor.
We'll never know because they will never come out and say otherwise.
Just a Klim Kostin fan account

Re: St Louis Blues at the White House

#14
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:01 pm
NHLTIM wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:25 pm
Beatoni12 wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:47 pm


Do I think they should go to the White House? No, but accepted the fact they were likely always going to go.

Do they all need to yuk it up because Trump said fake news? No, because that just makes them look like idiots.

The tradition and the president can’t really be separated, considering Stillman spoke of the invitation from the presidency.

Frankly, I think it would say more about the leadership of this team if individuals were able to skip this event and it not impact the room. The fact they felt like they all needed to go can almost be seen as the room doesn’t allow for differing opinions (no clue if that’s the case, just theorizing)
Sounds to me like the majority if not the entire group was glad to be there. It’s a once in a lifetime thing ...very much an honor.
We'll never know because they will never come out and say otherwise.
I think it says more about a persons character that they can set their personal beliefs aside for the team.

Re: St Louis Blues at the White House

#15
CaptSMRT wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:15 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:01 pm
NHLTIM wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:25 pm


Sounds to me like the majority if not the entire group was glad to be there. It’s a once in a lifetime thing ...very much an honor.
We'll never know because they will never come out and say otherwise.
I think it says more about a persons character that they can set their personal beliefs aside for the team.
I disagree; I think it says more about a person's character in a negative way if they choose 'team' over their moral beliefs. I know it would never happen, but sorry, I would never accept an invitation to shake that POS's hand or laugh at his narcissistic jokes. We may all be Blues fans and share something in common here, but there isn't anything I have in common with trump other than being a male human being. Disagreeing on policy is one thing. Being an embarrassment to the CIC and Presidency is another. There is no moral fiber in his body. Just corrupt greed and selfishness. Total cult of personality. I respect that the team was there for tradition and to honor that, but IMO, I'd have loved to seen any of the players who truly believe he is a corrupt POS to have sat this one out. To dissent is American...then again, most of our players aren't US citizens so that may be a partial reason there for the unity.

PS: Yes, I said the same thing when Thomas didn't visit with Obama. I get really tired of this hypocrisy we have in America that "athletes and celebrities should shut up", yet we vote in two former TV/movie stars to become POTUS, we accept that huge donations from corporations influence politics because for some reason they are viewed as citizens in the USA, and allow huge media and tech companies to influence and control our news feeds. It seems the only reason some folks want them to 'shut up' is because they disagree with their POV. But last time I checked, 1st amendment applies to all Americans, no exceptions to those in the athletic or celebrity industries. Obviously they may pay for those POV, as Kaepernick and some others have in the NFL. But I have more respect for those athletes who forfeited their fame, glory, and millions because they believed in something. And that is a problem today; not enough sacrifice, too many worry about what someone may say back on SMM or they may get a dislike or lose an endorsement deal or their job. Fuck that. If you're a Trump supporter, be proud of it. If you want to say FUCK Trump, say fuck him. Tired of how pusified our nation has become because we are so afraid to offend someone who may disagree with us. We have to be able to talk about who we are, why we feel the way we do, and share our opinions, yet it would be great if we could do so based on the policy, not the person. Which is why I hate trump. He makes it all personal, not policy, and that is how, IMO, he has fooled so many into believing that he is on their side...when that man profited from and is a part of the so called 'swamp' he said he was going to drain. He has no intention of doing that...he is a product OF the swamp. He just wants to fill it with more "creatures" who will benefit him. But Americans have gotten lazy in their critical thinking skills IMO and don't rationalize things as we should. Too damn emotional. OK< I'm done being angry now ;)

/rant :)

Let's GO BLUES!!!