Re: MLS to St Louis

yeah but for "event" games, everyone has fomo. when there are a zillion games here, i don't know that it's sustainable. shrug. hope for the city's sake i'm wrong, but it'll be another reason i will hate going to the city. if anything could possibly be more annoying that cards fans, it will be stl soccer fans.

T.C. wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:12 pm
yeah but for "event" games, everyone has fomo. when there are a zillion games here, i don't know that it's sustainable. shrug. hope for the city's sake i'm wrong, but it'll be another reason i will hate going to the city. if anything could possibly be more annoying that cards fans, it will be stl soccer fans.
Soccer fans and hockey fans are generally one in the same.
Just a Klim Kostin fan account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:55 pm
T.C. wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:12 pm
Soccer fans and hockey fans are generally one in the same.
That's a generality that would not stand up to quantitative scrutiny. But it is true that similarities between the sports do attract some sports fans to both games. There's a much stronger correlation between hockey & lacrosse - especially in Canada - due to the even closer relationship between the two.

What’s the chances the St Louis team is good the first year? Haven’t followed MLS so I don’t know what to go on. Be cool if we Vegas it the first year! Been watching soccer lately to prep up and I’m getting into it. Good stuff!

JMC-STL wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:15 am
BillP. wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:33 pm
What’s the chances the St Louis team is good the first year? Haven’t followed MLS so I don’t know what to go on. Be cool if we Vegas it the first year! ...
Though 2-1/2 years old, here's a good summary of MLS expansion franchise success & failure stories ...

MLSSoccer.com (Feb 2017): A look back at the history of MLS expansion
Thanks, that was a good article. Based on that, there’s hope for early success with our expansion team. I’m getting into it. Watched the Sounders and a Galaxy last night and it was a great game.