All Johnny Mac's Locations Closing

Attention, bargain shoppers - another local institution is liquidating ...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
End of an Era: Johnny Mac's to close all locations after 51 years in business
There's a big chance that if you played sports in or near St. Louis you stopped at Johnny Mac's Sporting Goods store.

Author: Jasmine Payoute
Published: 9:28 PM CST February 11, 2019
Updated: 10:33 PM CST February 11, 2019

ST. LOUIS — There's a big chance that if you played sports in or near St. Louis you stopped at Johnny Mac's Sporting Goods store.

And while the local teams may have changed, for 51 years, the store remained the same.

"This used to be an old Danny Donut shop that we converted into the first sporting goods store, Johnny Mac's, and that's where we started 51 years ago," said Bob McArthur, one of Johnny Mac's five sons, and the owner of his St. Louis staple, Johnny Mac's sporting goods.

"We have a lot of good things to have memories about for all the people and the customers and all the years they supported us." ...

It's the end of an era, that Bob believes is like the end of the game.

Even if you win or lose, there's always next season.

"We know just like with fashion, wait long enough and it will come back around and I do believe that with these type of stores they'll realize just how much they miss it."

We're told the store will close when all of the items are gone. They think that will be in about 90 days.

Re: All Johnny Mac's Locations Closing

Interesting...never went to Johnny Macs for sporting goods while growing up. I want to say the reason was probably location related It seems like they were in South county or west county.....and for a cutter like me from the hardcore hood of Overland MO, they just seemed far away. Although, I remember numerous trips to Casey's in Clayton. For me it was always Casey's, Omni, or the odd trip to Fischers in Florissant. I made a few trips to Johnny Mac's for equipment for my kids in the last 15 years, but usually my go to in that time frame was Sports authority.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"