Narcissistic fans ruining sports

Narcissistic, asshole fans yelling "Get in the hole" or "Babalouie" or some other drunken phrase every time a golfer hits the ball was bad enough, but now they are constantly howling like some outdated wrestler at baseball games. Apparently my future sports viewing includes having the sound muted because a bunch of fuckwads want to make the game about themselves.

Re: Narcissistic fans ruining sports

barcthespark wrote:Narcissistic, asshole fans yelling "Get in the hole" or "Babalouie" or some other drunken phrase every time a golfer hits the ball was bad enough, but now they are constantly howling like some outdated wrestler at baseball games. Apparently my future sports viewing includes having the sound muted because a bunch of fuckwads want to make the game about themselves.

The Wooing will go away....the golf gallery idiots need to be taken out and beaten.

barcthespark wrote:Narcissistic, asshole fans yelling "Get in the hole" or "Babalouie" or some other drunken phrase every time a golfer hits the ball was bad enough, but now they are constantly howling like some outdated wrestler at baseball games. Apparently my future sports viewing includes having the sound muted because a bunch of fuckwads want to make the game about themselves.
It's Bababooey and it's in reference to Gary Dell'abate of the Howard Stern Show. It's been going on for many years.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote:
It's Bababooey and it's in reference to Gary Dell'abate of the Howard Stern Show. It's been going on for many years.
Whatever they're saying, it needs to stop. :x

Hasn't that sort of thing gone on since the days of the gladiatorial games in Roman times? Maybe it's been getting worse lately. I wouldn't know. I haven't been able to afford going to a live professional sport game in a lot of years.

(I'll try to make an exception if The Blues get into The Stanley Cup Finals (even if there will be some "fuckwads" there.

Robb_K wrote:

Hasn't that sort of thing gone on since the days of the gladiatorial games in Roman times? Maybe it's been getting worse lately. I wouldn't know. I haven't been able to afford going to a live professional sport game in a lot of years.

(I'll try to make an exception if The Blues get into The Stanley Cup Finals (even if there will be some "fuckwads" there.
You're right, it's been around in many sports for a very long time, but golf had been exempt until the last few years. It seems to get worse and worse as time goes by. Fortunately, it doesn't seem to have infiltrated the PGA European Tour yet. Other than soccer hooliganism, which is the worst, European sports fans seem to have a bit more respect for the games.