Fen
The Rotted
Jesu
Final
Screamin' Daemon
Steak
The Nefilim

just off the top.
Last night I listened to the first 4 bands. A Forest Of Stars, Anaal Nathrakh, Baron,
Conan. All of which were really really good. Thanks T.C.! I look forward to the rest.

Re: OT: Music Monday

T.C. wrote:
Battra wrote:Thank you....word of mouth is the only way I can grow the readership.

As for the local scene, I usually see one or two local bands every month or so and I can't tell you the name of a single one.

So..there's that.
wow. this is a mistake.
Fister's new album just out: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Lion's Daughter just announced their signing with Season Of Mist: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bastard: https://bastard666.bandcamp.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tyranny Enthroned: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All of those bands are impressive. I take it Bastard is a side project of The Lions Daughter?? Does St. Louis get a lot of good shows coming through town? I'd assume these guys play a lot??

rudy4u51 wrote:
T.C. wrote:
Battra wrote:Thank you....word of mouth is the only way I can grow the readership.

As for the local scene, I usually see one or two local bands every month or so and I can't tell you the name of a single one.

So..there's that.
wow. this is a mistake.
Fister's new album just out: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Lion's Daughter just announced their signing with Season Of Mist: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bastard: https://bastard666.bandcamp.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tyranny Enthroned: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All of those bands are impressive. I take it Bastard is a side project of The Lions Daughter?? Does St. Louis get a lot of good shows coming through town? I'd assume these guys play a lot??
We certainly do not get as many as I'd like.

I'd say about 70% of the tour announcements I receive skip STL.

bastard came from the disbanding of harkonin. scott joined TLD independently of either.

lots of shows come through. kult ov azazel is tomorrow. karma to burn was just here. goatwhore has been here twice in the last year. etc. lots of package tours skip us (see: 1349, FNM most recently), but some come through.

:idea:
T.C. wrote:bastard came from the disbanding of harkonin. scott joined TLD independently of either.

lots of shows come through. kult ov azazel is tomorrow. karma to burn was just here. goatwhore has been here twice in the last year. etc. lots of package tours skip us (see: 1349, FNM most recently), but some come through.
Were you at the Karma To Burn show?

I was the ass with the notebook.

T.C. wrote:to be fair, you had just asked them the same question they've heard in every interview since 1999.
Probably accurate. :)

Drummer gave me some really nice feed back, but he's only been in the band for like 2 years he said.

rudy4u51 wrote:
MissouriMook wrote:Excuse me while I insert a little ditty for us old farts...

[youtube][/youtube]
Thanks for the video. Have you listened to this version yet??
[youtube][/youtube]
Yes.

I was........disturbed! :lol:

Then there is this one...

[youtube][/youtube]

MissouriMook wrote:
rudy4u51 wrote:
MissouriMook wrote:Excuse me while I insert a little ditty for us old farts...

[youtube][/youtube]
Thanks for the video. Have you listened to this version yet??
[youtube][/youtube]
Yes.

I was........disturbed! :lol:

Then there is this one...

[youtube][/youtube]
Haha. Awesome.

rudy4u51 wrote:Not sure if anyone here likes Between the Buried and Me but they just released a brand new song of their new album coming out in July and I think it's fucking awesome. http://www.metalinjection.net/av/stream ... right-here
Just listened to it. I used to be a huge fan of BTBAM, but after Colors they just don't do it for me. They've moved so far away from what they started out with, and I just don't care for it all that much.

The_IT_Guy wrote:
rudy4u51 wrote:Not sure if anyone here likes Between the Buried and Me but they just released a brand new song of their new album coming out in July and I think it's fucking awesome. http://www.metalinjection.net/av/stream ... right-here
Just listened to it. I used to be a huge fan of BTBAM, but after Colors they just don't do it for me. They've moved so far away from what they started out with, and I just don't care for it all that much.
They are one of the few bands that I like that I don't mind when they change their sound. Other bands that do can go to hell so I understand where you are coming from.

LOL, had to check this thread out, glad to see it running;

feeling a bit country today (albeit 'popish' country):

[youtube][/youtube]

and the song they'll lay me down to (hopefully this train don't run out for a long time ;) ):

[youtube][/youtube]
"Do Only Good Everyday"